Getting Started

Options

Replies

• marcusjohn9
    marcusjohn9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started the 21 day fix. I am not a big meat eater and prefer to have animal protein( meat fish and eggs) in only 2 meals. Can I substitute the other two with lentils and beans? I am allowed 4 red containers.
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am seriously thinking about this plan. It seems so intimidating!!
  • lindsayp79
    lindsayp79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started the 21 day fix. I am not a big meat eater and prefer to have animal protein( meat fish and eggs) in only 2 meals. Can I substitute the other two with lentils and beans? I am allowed 4 red containers.

The lentils and beans are carbs, what about yogurt...or shakeology?,Do you have book with the approved foods?
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    MSH2930 wrote: »

This is not intimidating at all. Its actually one of the easiest plans I followed. My husband started with me a week ago and lost 10 lbs already. He was unsure at first and now he plans His meals on his own. I can help you out if you like.
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    MSH2930 wrote: »

Lentils and beans are considered carbs on this plan. What about yogurt, or shakeology? Have you read the book of approved foods?
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    Made a huge pot of Turkey Chili for my husband and i for lunch all week. 1 Red, 1 Yellow and 1 green.
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    Here is a link to the recipe. Serving size is 1 1/2 cups. http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/turkey-chili
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    lindsayp79 wrote: »
    Here is a link to the recipe. Serving size is 1 1/2 cups. http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/turkey-chili

Awesome!! Will try this. Thank you.
  • marcusjohn9
    Options
    To be honest, shakeology or any protein shake is on something I want to have now. I only want nutrition from food at this point. I would go for it, when I want to bulk up. Yogurt is something I am considering switching to. I guess if I want real good results I have to stick to animal protein.
  • marcusjohn9
    Options
    One more thing is, the book says chicken breast in the allowed food section, but I buy a rotisserie chicken, what to do with the rest remaining parts like thighs and legs?
  • Coolbreeze73
    Coolbreeze73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am on day 16 of round one. I actually started back in July, DD had surgery and just now picked it back up. I really, really love it. I work full time, married, three young kids which my DH and I coach in alot of activities....it DOES take alot of planning. For me, that is absolutely the hardest part, to plan ahead. What I finally did is cook up a bunch of lean meats and froze them in serving sized freezer bags. Washed, cut and bagged veggies. Fortunately, my family is willing to eat pretty healthy, and I just add a few extras for them like hot rolls, or a sweet sometimes. As far as the workouts, it has to be early morning during the week which is hard for me as I am NOT a morning person, lol. All in all, I have tried to lose weight the last ten years back and forth, and this is the easiest program I have ever used as far as being able to stick with it.

I wondered if anyone is doing round 2, and if so, did you take a break between rounds?
  • lindsayp79
    Options
    I find that preparing the foods makes it so much easier and I make better choices. This week my husband and I made a huge batch of Turkey Chili to have at lunch at work. Im not a morning person either so I do my workouts at night. I am actually do the hammer and chisel workouts....its a nice challenge :)
  • Coolbreeze73
    Options
    I wondered about Hammer and Chisel. How do they compare to fix? Getting ready to do lower body, after watching the 21 day fix infomercial to get inspired, lol!
  • jetenold
    jetenold Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else having problems getting the seeds in?
  • Coolbreeze73
    Options
    jetenold wrote: »

I usually use my container for dressing or olives.
  • jetenold
    jetenold Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Might have to do that I guess.
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Yep!!

fleminglo wrote: »

I usually use my container for dressing or olives.

^^^This

• lindsayp79
    Options
    fleminglo wrote: »
    I wondered about Hammer and Chisel. How do they compare to fix? Getting ready to do lower body, after watching the 21 day fix infomercial to get inspired, lol!

It's definitely harder than the fix. I feel its harder than Body Beast. You use heavy weights but it's mixed with cardio. Kicks your butt!
  • lindsayp79
    Options

I use my orange for dressing on my salads. The book has some yummy recipes!
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hello! I started the fix on Dec 28. Looking for some fix buddies to add to keep me motivated! So far so good.