Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    All well, Karla?
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @Karlottap hi! Pleased to see another low carber here! I've been lurking here a while. It is great to see your thread. I haven't had wls, and I can easily eat 1500kcals in an hour. I'm a bit astonished and worried. I think I will give omad a go though as I need something to get my weight loss going again. I have done IF for quite a few months with 1 or 2 36 HR fasts a week. But I like eating too much! Maybe I just need to sign up and commit to this properly.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Apologies for not being back for far too long! I've found that OMAD is still great for work days, but isn't good for me to do every day, since I'm unable to eat enough to prevent muscle burn when I do (I can taste it and it makes my breath horrible!)! That's why I haven't been around here. I figured since I wasn't OMAD everyday that I wouldn't meet the group's expectations, and would certainly never want to discourage anyone away from this woe! I do believe this is a great woe when you're able to eat enough macros/calories at one meal! So, I really consider what I do to be intermittent fasting, since I only work 2-3 days a week!

@totaloblivia, good luck with your attempt at OMAD! I think those who can enjoy a big meal can do very well! I hope this can get you into a new stride that leads to more success for you!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    So good to hear from you!

You're always welcome. Please stick around.

And we all have different approaches to things, including revamping the plan to suite one's needs. I've never heard of burning muscle on such a short duration, but you know your body.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    "I figured since I wasn't OMAD everyday that I wouldn't meet the group's expectations" : hey, @Karlottap -there are no expectations of each other, only really friendly support and camaraderie on our respective journeys toward our common goal of weight loss, I promise! It's good to hear from you after all this time.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @karlottap and @vrojapu and @arguablysamson I agree, it's what works for the individual.

I have been doing fine with OMAD this week - lost 2lbs which is great, but yesterday I broke it because I was giving blood and thought I'd better eat more often ie before, after and later in the day. Then I went to my daughter's school's "movie and munch" night and ate a double decker (a type of candy bar - not sure if you have those in the US) when I promised myself I wouldn't and went way over calories. So I am going to treat that as my re-feed/re-boost metabolism day and back to OMAD today.

Looking forward to pan-fried low-carb pork schnitzel with salad and a bit of sour cream. Plus my usual nuts and red wine and chocolate treats around that. They really double my caloric intake, so if I could get a handle on those, I would really do a lot better!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Apologies for not being back for far too long! I've found that OMAD is still great for work days, but isn't good for me to do every day, since I'm unable to eat enough to prevent muscle burn when I do (I can taste it and it makes my breath horrible!)! That's why I haven't been around here. I figured since I wasn't OMAD everyday that I wouldn't meet the group's expectations, and would certainly never want to discourage anyone away from this woe! I do believe this is a great woe when you're able to eat enough macros/calories at one meal! So, I really consider what I do to be intermittent fasting, since I only work 2-3 days a week!

@totaloblivia, good luck with your attempt at OMAD! I think those who can enjoy a big meal can do very well! I hope this can get you into a new stride that leads to more success for you!!

I take whey protein supps before my meals to prevent muscle loss. InBody measurements say I've not lost any and am down about 39lbs. Do what works. I am hitting weights hard and cardio and have had some issues with bonking and am experimenting with some adjustments also. I think we all change eventually as we get closer to goal weight.