Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 1 (1/1-1/7)

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am eating too much junk. It is mostly LCHF but it is still junk. Yesterday I had a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips and coconut. That is enough to throw me off, darn it. I am even up two pounds today. :expressionless: sheesh. I am blaming it on having a cold and eating comfort foods... Yeah, yeah. That's it. (Rolling eyes)

Today and maybe tomorrow I am planning a fat fast. I will have only BPC or broth for the next 48 hours or so to reset me snacking tendencies. I am not sure why that always seems to work for me, but it does. I have too many goodies in the house and my temptation has been growing. Hopefully this will nip it in the bud.

Today I was going to restart P90x after a week or so off but I feel yucky so it can wait a few days until I am better.
    My goals:
    Be consistently and honestly SLOW carb
    Do Yoga or Pilates at least 3 times a week
    Run at least 40 miles a month
    Walk 10k steps daily

Thanks for this thread!

I forgot to add: fewer wine calories (hubs calls them wineries) in 2016!

LOL
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    CW: 228.2
    GW for January: 224
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Omg @reblazed! Awesome loss!! It's working for you!!!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I got a head start on my resolution to avoid the Christmas temptations. I started back up on my Keto diet 3 weeks ago and my resolution is to get off insulin so I can start losing weight. So far I'm down to using just 17% of my original daily insulin requirements. So in January, I'm adding cardio & strength training to my diet to kick that last 17%. It won't change the fact that I'm a diabetic, but at least I won't have insulin injections impeding my weight loss!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    SW: 150.6 (11/2, started keto)
    CW: 136
    GW for January: Anywhere from 132-135 would be great. I plan to start strength training so I know the scale might bounce up 4 lbs or so.

Calories: Under goal
    Carbs: 27gm net
    Exercise: I did my first YAYOG workout (strength training)!
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Get back to my best maintenance weight (13 lbs. to lose). I will do this by sticking to what has worked best for my health and body, which is eating lower carb. I've been on MFP for 4+ years, but am new to this group and look forward to the mutual support!
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Y'all are my inspirations to keep on the keto path (especially Karlottap). This is my third day in a row logging every bite and I've managed to get in a little extra activity too. Carbs are a bit higher than I'd like, but that will improve as I get back in the groove. Thanks for this thread and the chance to be accountable!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    2016 goals:
    to maintain my low carb lifestyle.
    to weight 160 by 12/31
    January's goals: to be in onerland AGAIN! I had a brief visit last year for the first time since 1997.
  • raindancer
    Options
    SW: 214
    CW: 214
    Goal :199
    Very ambitious but this is day three of restart and I know after all that ham I am holding several
    Lbs of water.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Thank you @fangirlish! It means the world to me that you said that!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Remember too that you are making the choice to be here! (Sound familiar @Fit_Goat? Was some advice you gave me that stuck and became my "mantra") Keep on making that choice and success will be yours too!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Remember too that you are making the choice to be here! (Sound familiar @Fit_Goat? Was some advice you gave me that stuck and became my "mantra") Keep on making that choice and success will be yours too!

I like that☺
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm MIA, y'all.
    Life is nuts.
    I've been reading the posts, but I'm having to make a quick trip to SC (7-hr drive) with hubby and my 4 kids. Parent and grandparent in poor health. DH is out of work, so we can go. Prep is keeping me busy.

Much stress. I'm tired (stupid chronic fatigue) and down, but, with the exception of New Year's Day, I've been on-plan.
    I'm not sure whether or not I'll have wifi available at my parents'. But all day Monday and mostly Wed I'll be out of wifi range for certain. I hate quick trips, but it's the time we have, and it's all we can afford. They have no space to host us, so we have to rent a condo. $$$. Might be the last time I see my Grandmother. Or my mother the way she's been NOT taking care of herself (diabetic and the complications from it). So it needs to be done. I'm not missing the chance to see them like I missed seeing my aunt. (For those who weren't in the Dec challenge, my aunt died from terminal lung cancer about 6 months earlier than they said she would. She was 55.)

Say a quick word begging the LC gods to be kind as I eat on the road this week. No hidden carbs, puhleeeze.
    Keep rocking those resolutions. :+1:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers your way...I'm so sorry! Both my parents didn't look after themselves health wise especially with the with the foods they ate. This is why I am fighting for myself as I'm sure you are too. ((Hugs))
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 2

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 228.6
    GW for January: 224
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @baconslave I hope your trip goes well.

My fat fast somehow ended up involving a burger patty, celery, snap peas and cheese dip. Snort.

Soooo, today I will fat fast until at least noon and then see how it goes. LOL
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Safe travels for you @baconslave! I understand the need to see them while you can! I will always regret a missed trip to see my grandmother before she passed away in November! I hope your visit is wonderful! Yes, the hidden carbs while traveling can be a challenge! Best of luck with that!

Scale remains the same. I am almost (not really) used to stalls, and accept them as part of the process, especially for me, but I hate them! Lol!
    20gm of carbs, or less, daily is such a habit now I feel like I'm cheating at 30 (the wine I had new years felt very odd, lol!)!
    Have been doing lots of house cleaning and Decluttering of the main living areas, so far! Still waiting for hubby to get the tree down even though it's been sitting there, bare, for two days now! Oh well, it will get done!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Safe travels! I'm glad you're able to make the trip!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    All the best @baconslave.

I'm a little slow to post on this thread. I thought I was looking forward to Jan 1, but it has been harder than anticipated for me to get back on the LCHF wagon after falling off right before Christmas. I allowed a huge workload at work to burn me out, then faced the enormous task to host Christmas dinner while I was already exhausted. Somehow I thought carbs would feel good. I'm disappointed in myself, but must not let this mishap affect my continued success. So here I am, about to begin again. I also puzzled about what my resolutions should be, and ended up getting nowhere. So I am just keeping it simple for now. I simply don't have all the answers yet, so here goes.

- I'll start by logging more consistently on MFP
    - continue with my weight loss mission until I reach my goal of achieving a normal BMI
    - keep a sharper eye on carb intake, striving for 20g daily or under
    - resume my one meal per day routine, as well as my weekly fasting regime
    - de-clutter my house and mind
    - try to socialize more
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I just have a feeling this is going to be a good year for us all. We have support from each other and each of us has an idea of where we want to go with this way of life. It's awesome really, and knowing we can always come here no matter what happens in daily life, makes such a great difference to me. And has affected my ability to succeed.
    That said, keto is on track ~ new low weight today! Yay!
    Was tired last night and so i just watched tv til bed instead of decluttering project, so I'm on that for today and tonight.
    Off and running in the new year!