Leslie Sansone January 2016 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    I know we are not supposed to let "life" take over our workouts but it has been brutal for me lately! Long days and not enough time. My workouts have been nonexistent and my eating has been terrible! Man some days it is easier to just give up. I am going to get my workout in before I do anything else! The housework and bills can wait! I have some fat to burn off!

I do that too... I think I need to have a to do everything else first!! Procrastination!!

We bad! I will boot you in the butt if you boot me in the butt :)
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,457 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Goal-3.5 miles/day or 108.5 miles for the month

1/1-Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=2.4 total miles
    1/2-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=4.4 total miles
    1/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=6.7 total miles
    1/4-Vivofit tracked 2.7 miles=9.4 total miles
    1/5-Vivofit tracked 2.9 miles=12.3 total miles
    1/6-Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles=15.3 total miles
    1/7-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=17.5 total miles
    1/8-Vivofit tracked 1.4 miles=18.9 total miles
    1/9-WAH 3 mile Power Walk-3 miles=21.9 total miles

Oh my goodness, am I behind goal or what!!! :noway: Between meetings and getting ready for classes I am sitting far too much!! However, I have discovered that visiting my children for the holidays has an added bonus -they have all the leftovers in Netherlands and I can not get to them! Woo Hoo!!!! So, even though I have had to do a lot of sitting, I am back to eating normally and have lost a few pounds. YEH!!! However, we all know this does not last, so I got out the big guns today- the 3 mile Power Walk with Mary Kay!!! :laugh:

LilyMay I live in mid Michigan, but my older son lives in Las Vegas. Small world sometimes isn't it! I have never been to Saskatchewan, but I would love to come in the winter as I LOVE the cold and snow and am super jealous that you have enough of it to shovel! We have what is called in weather circles a "dusting" :grumble: If we ever get a chance to get up there, I'd love to watch you bonspieling, but I am not ready for a tournament. Like I said, I am sailing down the ice on my belly attached to that rock! :laugh: One thing I know for sure! We both have to quit working because it is really cutting into our mileage!! :blush: Enjoy your dinner party-veggies and all!

Deeder522 wrote: »
    5 Days in and no soda so far. :)
    Good for you!!! :drinker: That stuff is poison! :naughty:
    I stepped on the scale today to get an "official" weight... starting challenges on Thursday sooooo WOW that was not fun. I gained SO much weight over the holidays... now more determined than ever to make this the year I get my BMI into a normal range!
    Just get in line with the rest of us who over did our holidays coopscoop As Leslie says, "we are all battling," but we have MFP and our Walk Group a a secret weapon!!!! :blush: It's coming OFF-count on it!!!!

BanditOh my gosh be careful! I know not walking will drive you nuts, but give yourself time to heal OK?

I gave the 2 mile walk a go tonight and made it!!! My arms feel like noodles, but I DID IT!!

That puts me at 5 miles down, 15 to go! :D:D:D
    WOW it looks to me like you are definitely going to be a "loser of pounds and gainer of fitness!!! You may have to change your name to "pounds fear me!" Great progress!!!!
    Well I got up early and did my two mile walk I ewas happy to have do it. However my eating was off the chart.
    Sometimes bgoddess you just have to take it one thing at a time. I am in a period right now where I have my eating under control, but cannot seem to get my workouts started again. I am trying to just accept it and go with it and hope it passes after a while. I am calling it Holiday Malaise. Somehow giving it name makes it sound better! :wink:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Had my ortho appt. today. I am waiting to have an mri scheduled. The r says I had a bakers cyst which is what the pop at Christmas was, and it drained into my torn meniscus, yup, got that too. Or so he thinks anyway. we will know more once the mri is done. I am allowed to still walk, no jogging or running and no more then 3 miles a day. So looks like I need to bring it down a bit. Not sure what my miles will be this month. Oh I also had my thyroid ultrasound done today, will hear the results in a few days.

1/3-1/6

12 miles with Leslie today
    20 Miles total with Leslie

7 miles outside today
    11 miles total outside

31 miles total- goal 125.

Happy Walking!

Yikes! Take care of yourself and do not worry about your miles...get well.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    44/100
    I walked a little over 9 miles while golfing this afternoon.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Today I got a good amount of steps in from helping take a tree down and moving the section from one end of the yard to the next. Not a fun job and we still have 1 more tree to go. UGH!!!

Week 1 - 2.65
    Week 2 - 16.35
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles
    10 days over 10,000 steps
    Watch better for the hidden sugar and yeast.
    Measure, weigh and log foods!!

Week 1 - 24.9 miles & 2 over 10,000 steps.

January 8 - 2.7 miles
    January 9 - 5 miles - 11038 steps - 3/10,000
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    35/100 I'm a wee bit behind my normal schedule but not too far out of whack.
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    January 10: 2.0 miles (Walk it off in 30 Days)
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    I know we are not supposed to let "life" take over our workouts but it has been brutal for me lately! Long days and not enough time. My workouts have been nonexistent and my eating has been terrible! Man some days it is easier to just give up. I am going to get my workout in before I do anything else! The housework and bills can wait! I have some fat to burn off!

I do that too... I think I need to have a to do everything else first!! Procrastination!!

We bad! I will boot you in the butt if you boot me in the butt :)

Deal! :-)
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    44/100

Just be very careful!!!! If it hurts, STOP. Just the mother in me.. sorry. :wink:

It does stink having a limit on the amount you can do, but it will happen. slow and steady!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    44/100

Just be very careful!!!! If it hurts, STOP. Just the mother in me.. sorry. :wink:

It does stink having a limit on the amount you can do, but it will happen. slow and steady!

So sweet of you to be concerned. I took a rest day today since it has been a few months since I golfed and did 9 miles. Come spring this will be my go to mileage. I hope to do this at least 3 times a week. My husband and brother in law ride in the cart and I manage to power walk and golf all the while keeping up with them. This is my "happy place." :)
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    1 mile walk nothing to exciting

3/25
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    49/100
    2 Mile Walk This Way
    3 Mile American Heart Assoc
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    2 miles today LS dances hits

5/25
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    53/100
    2 Mile Walk This Way
    1 Mile In Home Walk
    1 Mile Interval Walk
  • Wannabealoser2
    Wannabealoser2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I walked two more miles on Sunday. That puts me at 7 miles down, 13 to go. I stayed up WAAAAAY past my bedtime watching the game last night. I think I am going to crash when I get home and then start back on my exercising again.
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    2 miles LS dance to the HITTS, some weight lifting/band

7/25
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    55/100
    2 Mile Walk This Way
  • bgoddess2003