Like Minded Lushes - January 2016

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Ok lushes...it's the new year!! Here's to it being a great one for us all!!

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    Personally I'm ready to say goodbye to December....way too many parties with too much lushing and food. I will be totally avoiding the scale for a while. I know I've gained. :/
    I'm ready to get back to a normal routine. First up: take down all these decorations.

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! Already took down my decorations on Wednesday I was just over it this year!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for starting the thread Syd. I am finally starting to feel human now. I agree with bidding farewell to December I drank non stop from coffee with Baileys and mimosa in the Morning all the way to night caps late into the evening. That is what Sandals will do to you. It was a good time. Not a good as our last two times but still good.

The bad started when we got home. The kennel I have taken the boys too and our previous dog since 2004 has taken a real turn for the worst. when we picked up Bodi he couldn't walk at all. His muscles atrophied because they never forced him to get up and move. They decided they would just hose out his kennel every time he had an accident and they hosed down Ritter because he was "excited". This led to me picking up an invalid stinking wet dog. I bathed him twice as soon as we got home and I couldn't get rid of the putrid smell. then I discovered all the festering sores on his legs and tail. (it just looked like wet fur) Once I poured hydrogen peroxide on all his wounds the stench went a way. We then spent the entire week rehabbing him back to the point he can walk and go outside to relief himself. He is about 80% back to what he was when we took him there in the first place.

In hind sight I should have known something had changed because when we took them in September they were happy and excited to go. When we took them before we left this time Bodi whined the whole way once he figured out where we were going. I feel so guilty for putting my dog thru a week of hell. Once I calm down and can focus without emotion I will write the kennel a letter and I will post a scathing yelp review so no one else will have to suffer as Bodi did.

Needless to say the stress of that and all the partying the week before and I got slammed with a coughing cold hard. I am still a little stuffed up but feeling much better.

I am hoping for a very happy new year. I gained 3 pounds but I know it is because I did no moving at all. I might have walked a total of a mile in the past two weeks where I usually walk 2 to 3 miles a day. I need to dry out a bit but we shall see.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    OMG that's terrible Robin! So sorry to hear. I used to hate to kennel our dog. I don't think she slept much because she would crash for almost an entire day when we returned. I'm sure there are good ones out there.

Just got my workout done. Now time to get back to real actual work. Ugh.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh no Robin!! That's horrible :'( be sure to post that scathing review!! Glad you're feeling better.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread Sydney!
    Robin- How terrible for you and your dogs. I hope you find a good kennel near you!

I am up almost 20 lbs from the end of October (when I got out of the hospital). Pants are too tight (haha!) . Got a good workout in today and will be logging my food again. That's the only thing that seems to work for me.

I turn 60 this month- does that mean I can get a discount at Dennys?

Take care!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Omg robin that's awful! And I'm sure boarding them wasn't cheap so those *kitten* were just taking your money to neglect the poor pups
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Oops forgot we can't swear here! Lol you guys can all just come up with your own names for those losers
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Robin. That is so awful. I'm so sorry for you & your fur babies :( I would not only write them a scathing letter and yelp review, but I report that kennel and see if you can get them shut down. That makes my stomach churn. They need to be out of business.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Robin - that is just awful!! I agree with Bridget - report that kennel so no one else has to suffer the way you and your pups are suffering...you should be able to vacation and not worry about what is happening to your dogs...
    Definitely need to dry out - I've set a goal to have no alcohol until I'm on the cruise ship in 2 weeks...so excited for this vacation! :smiley:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Piece of cake. I'm going to try for 0's till Friday. Let's see if I can do it. We have nothing to drink in the house so that makes it easier.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Thank you all for the support.
    I didn't get a zero yesterday. I didn't really think I would. I am remarkably calm with my life right now and it is kind of weird. I am usually so over the top with how I feel. Anyway, making small changes to my cluttery existence. Throwing or donating something away ever day this year. I hope to have no clutter by the end of the year. I have 55 years of stuff and I probably only need 10% of it.

Have a great day lushes.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I had wine. Moderating. Exercise and logging my meals is my top priority.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I had wine. Not moderating. I need to get back on track.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Lushes!
    I overdid it, but it's a new year...
    I got a 0 Sunday and Monday
    Tuesday=2 glasses of wine
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Off to the dentist! :(
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    3 zeros for me so far. Another tonight. I'm drinking Thursday because Eric is. :)
  • SoCalWoman
    edited January 2016
    Options
    the dentist sucks hairy donkey balls. :s
    I'm still drinking wine...but logging everything, exercising and staying within my calories. I will weigh myself Friday to see how much damage I did over the holidays.

Oh, and it's raining here. Like we seriously need it, but not all at once. It might be time for some sandbags if it keeps up. :/
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Gary, I LOVE the dentist. But I always get the laughing gas when I go....even though they're only cleanings. I have such high anxiety with needles and a bad experience in the past. It makes the appointments so wonderful!

I started my day by dealing with my credit card company because they alerted me that some suspicious activity was happening on a card that I don't even own. So, someone had opened another card with the company and had charged about $1,700 on it already. I think I have everything done that I needed to do and hopefully this was an isolated incident. However, I have been stressed out to the max today! Still planning on staying strong and not drinking until Friday, but man am I tempted to buy some wine tonight :(

Monday - 0 and made it to the gym.
    Tuesday - 0 and made it to the gym.
    Wednesday - 0...and that will be a struggle!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes,I need to cut back down on the alcohol and clean up the diet. My clothes are too tight and I'm not going near the scales. I drank an entire litre bottle of Baileys in a couple of days which was about 2000 calories on its own :o I'm still building the weight training back up slowly as rehab process is sooooo tedious. But whilst I cant exercise as much as I want, I can control what I eat and drink so no excuses.