Like Minded Lushes - January 2016

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The son had all his buddies over here on Saturday before they all head back to college...why I think I can keep up with a bunch of 21 year olds is beyond me. I have known them all since middle school though, and am so proud of the young men they've become. Next time I see them, they will all be college grads.

I was hungover yesterday so had a 0. More of those this week.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Great to have you back on the thread Kate! And ditto with what Robin said!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay so .... I had a zero last night and I think I might get some more this week. We shall see how it goes.

I hope you have a great day.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate!!! So glad to hear about your getting settled. I think I told you that our friends relocated to Honolulu a little over a year ago. When Kelly made it over (she went several months after her husband), she took a good couple months before she started working. :) Have fun!

I am on day 10 of no booze. Much like other times. Once it becomes habit, it's not really a big deal.

Our house guest was over all weekend, but only stayed Saturday night. He's going to be getting a job and has been staying at the other friend's house, so he'll probably just hang out on the weekends, so that's good. Anyways, he drank wine and we didn't. We also watched my friend's daughter Saturday night and her Mom showed up trashed which was kind of funny because I'm usually right there with her. Anyways, she lost her phone, felt like crap the next day.....and I was glad to be on the wagon. I know I say it every time, but I really do hope we can mostly permanently curb our ridiculous binge drinking after this.

I am looking forward to having some wine Friday though.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Way to go Robin!!
    That's some self control Ashley.
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Still drinking everyday....starting around noon and ending around 9pm. I have only been super hammered once or twice and was only moving slow one day, so not too bad.
    I love the walk to the beach every night for whale watching and sunsets....its my favorite time of the day and I am so excited that our new condo is even closer to the beach. We are heading over there today to deep clean, it really needs it.
    Have a great day
    xo
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just here to express my jealousy :/ we aren't even getting out of the single digits today!

Still drinking nightly...probably why the scale won't budge
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Kate I loved that time of day there best as well. Sunset swims in the ocean are the best!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Well I think the zero was a fluke. I tried yesterday but I finally caved about 7:00 and had some vodka. At least I slept well.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin, I know how you feel. I was inspired by all of you with your zeros. I tried last night. Made it to 9pm. Then I caved as well with some vodka. Maybe tonight? ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

I almost caved too but just forced myself to go to bed instead. I sneaked a peak at the scale though and no progress so whatever...I may just have some wine.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0

Prob due to the fact I'm feeling ill and permanently hungover even when I'm not! Had to take day sick from work yesterday. I slept nearly whole day and night. I very wisely don't have any wine chilling in the fridge either.
    Happy hump day lushes :smiley:
  • ryzeman
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention- its my birthday! Am SIXTY years old. Most likely the oldest member of the group. I plan on celebrating by making my calorie goal today.

Getting older is interesting. I don't have the stamina I once had. Much like an old car, I can be a bit hard to start, but crank it hard enough and I usually get runnin. :wink:

On the upside, I have had many life experiences, so if you youngins want to know what Abe Lincoln was REALLY like- just ask!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ryzeman wrote: »
    Oh I forgot to mention- its my birthday! Am SIXTY years old. Most likely the oldest member of the group. I plan on celebrating by making my calorie goal today.

Getting older is interesting. I don't have the stamina I once had. Much like an old car, I can be a bit hard to start, but crank it hard enough and I usually get runnin. :wink:

On the upside, I have had many life experiences, so if you youngins want to know what Abe Lincoln was REALLY like- just ask!

Happy Birthday!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    OK are all the numbers for each day what we lost or what? Sorry, I'm new.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Hey there Atomic! Welcome. The zeros ppl put up are days they go alcohol free. You wont see me post many of those but I do try to moderate and stay within my calorie goals. The people in this group are some of most supportive, non judgemental people I know.

Have fun with the group!

BTW thanks for the birthday wishes!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    Thank you for clearing that up for new. At first that's what I though it meant, but then I started second guessing. Lol.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Gary!

I'm on day 12. Tomorrow I will have wine. We're supposed to get more snow so I'm actually probably going to get a bottle of wine during lunch today (beat the rush for milk and booze after work) in the event we get snowed in tonight. I'm a planner, what can I say? What really sucks about the snow is that Daphne's birthday party is on Sunday. I really really hope roads are clear enough for a few kids to show up. :(

With the snow and a sick kids I have been in the office about 3 hours this week so I better run.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Gary. January 20th is a special day for me. I married my first husband on that day 37 years ago. It was my great aunts 66th wedding anniversary when we married. Our marriage didn't work out but I got two awesome daughters out of it.

I crashed and burned last night. I had a daquari, a bottle of white, and Pendelton to sleep on.
    I don't feel to bad today though.

I will be in Vegas this weekend. Olivia will be 4 on Saturday and I have to attend the "under the sea" party with a visit from Princess Ariel.

Lush on!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday, Gary! January is a great month to have a birthday...mine is the 31st :)

Robin, have so much fun in Vegas! I hope you get to enjoy warmish weather! And a party with a visit from Princess Ariel sounds like my kind of party! She is my FAVORITE Disney Princess!

I have not been going strong with 0's. It's cold, icy and snowy here in Kansas...and beer tastes even more delicious in the evenings while snuggled up on the couch under my blankets ;)

Monday - 2 beers
    Tuesday - 1 beer
    Wednesday - 2 beers
    Thursday - probably a couple of beers...so happy tomorrow is FRIDAY!