Like Minded Lushes - January 2016

Options

Replies

• AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself, and not sure if I do it here or start a new thread.

Hi guys! I'm Ashley, 32, mom of 3 and 2 stepkids, from Arkansas. Just getting started and hoping to lose 43 lbs (lost 4 of that so far), and get my figure back. I'm tired of having a mom butt! Lol! I want to say I'll exercise, but I'll pretty much a couch potato, besides the usual chasing my 11 month old around and running errands all over town. Right now I'm taking it slow... Less eating, watching what I eat, and that's about it. I now have diabetes, as well as other health issues, so I'm just tired of this lifestyle and who I've become. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi Ashley! Welcome. Do you drink? Not that it's required for this group but we tend to focus on our lushines in here. :):drinker:
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    Hi Ashley! Welcome. Do you drink? Not that it's required for this group but we tend to focus on our lushines in here. :):drinker:

Lol oh definitely! Lush all the way!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday dear lushes. I made stroganoff last night so of course I had red wine to drink while cooking and to continue drinking while eating. I am very tired lately. I am working too hard and being too much of a slug when I am not at work. Will someone kindly kick me in the butt? Thank you.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley! I'm Ashley too, 35, Mom and 2 kids (1 TODAY! and almost 4). Welcome.

The wagon is good so far. 0's since Sunday. Sleeping well and have lost 2 pounds over the last 2 weeks!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, Syd...I love how you said "Do you drink?" :) LOVE IT!

Hi Ashley! This is a great group...welcome!

I've been all 0's this week, and holding out until tomorrow evening. This only drinking on Friday nights is maybe not the best idea though......idk. I'm so so happy tomorrow is Friday!! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday -0
    Thursday -0
    I needed to type that out because it's been a long time since that happened. :p
    Robin, my husband has been working with Boeing a lot lately and has some not so kind things to say lol. Hang in there!
    Ashley you're kicking some a $$!
    Bridget it's almost Friday!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    With all these zeroes this should be called the sober group!! I will keep up the drinking for all of you, my nightly wine is still happening!

I'm dying to hear from Kate! I wonder how fabulous Hawaii is!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Chloe, thanks for taking one for the team ;)

I may be breaking the 0 streak tonight. Last week it was dealing with identity theft...today, I find out my car has so many things wrong with it and it is going to be almost $1,000 to fix it. But I don't have a choice, I need my car :( OMG...I can't handle much more. January is obviously not my month. I should have eaten those black-eyed peas on New Year's Day :neutral:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    No alcohol for me since the evil prosecco last Friday. That's my longest dry run in a while o:) Chloe I'm glad you're drinking it on my behalf ;) I've been eating well too, home cooked stews full of veggies and I've got a freezer full portioned out ready to take to work for lunches.
    Not going near the scales though, clothes are deffo still too tight so that tells me what I need to know. Doesn't help I've been feeling under the weather since going back to work after new year and haven't been exercising much.
    Well done to those aiming for and achieving 0's :)
  • AtomicCupcake1
    Options
    Thanks ladies! So far, 0's this week. :/ and I just got a comment about my weigh in pics... He says, "It looks like you drink quite a bit of beer." Gee, thanks! Lolol!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hi gang. I am with Chloe keeping the lushiness well and alive. I am so proud of you guys for all the zeros. I am focusing on my clutter right now instead of myself so at least I am doing something good.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of my Wagon Time. I even went to what I refer to as unhappy hour yesterday. The department that shares our part of the building (wastewater engineers if you can believe it) decided to initiate monthly in office happy hour beginning at 4:30. I went and drank soda water. And it was still fun! I mean it would have been more fun with some vodka (of which there was plenty), but I still laughed my @ss off at the YouTbe videos - dubbed over republican and democratic debates, Key and Peele. OMG I was crying..... I made up for the booze in Chex Mix and chips and salsa.

A good friend of ours showed up a bit unexpectedly from Arizona and will likely be spending some time with us (including tonight) over the next 6 weeks before he heads off the hike the Appalachian Trail. But we're still holding strong this weekend! Have a great weekend lushes! Have a few for me!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Chloe that sucks...I hate car problems almost as much as house problems. Did I ever tell you all about the toilet in our guest bathroom that started gushing out water 2 hours before all my New Years Eve guests were showing up? I was shocked at how calm I remained...of course I started drinking which always helps.
    Umm..Ashley#2 whoever said that to you about your pic needs a swift kick in the balls.
    Ashley#1...you're a rockstar. I don't think I could do happy hour without the happy.

Well I dropped a whopping .6 of a pound this week for all my troubles. I know...hold yourselves back....you're all super amazed with that. :|
    TGIF lushes! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I am inspired by the zeros! I need to get a run of them myself if I am to have any success getting the holiday FAT off! Have a great weekend all!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    HI MY LUSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you all terribly and have been holding the torch!!!!

So things have been pretty freakin' amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lenny got a job after less than 2 days in the island. We found a sweet condo and signed the lease the other night. We can move in tomorrow, but are in the short term until Feb 4th, so we'll just clean and move our things in until then. I had a great interview Monday. And have some other job opportunities set up. I am not in a super hurry to start work yet though. I am collecting unemployment and also consulting for the solar project I was working on before the move.
    I am picking a 2013 VW Tiguan tomorrow morning, which I negotiated a great deal on.
    I am shocked and amazed how smoothly the transition has been. I can't tell you how many nights I laid awake back home worrying how we would get everything done. The universe has truly blessed us and I am so grateful!!!

Robin, that kennel should be shut down. Poor Bodi :cry:

Welcome Ashley!!!

I have been drinking pretty much everyday since right before Christmas. And not just a couple...like putting them down. I seriously need a routine and I am looking forward to getting back into some yoga and long walks and not eating out "just cause we can".

Hugs and kisses everyone!!!!
    xoxo
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Aloha Katie!!! Let us know when you're ready for visitors! :D
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Syd, we did end up with a 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath condo.....so we got the room!!!! :bigsmile:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Katie, I'm so pleased your move has worked well. There are so many who would like to do similar but don't quite have the courage ( me included).

I'm moving to the dark side and joining the lushy lushes tonight. The prosecco has got me again! I'm discovering that right now I'm pretty good at not drinking but when I start I can't just have 1 or 2 glasses, I drink all evening.... Maybe I should start later! :#
  • rjadams
    Options
    Aloha Kate! I am so happy for you. I love it when things go right for friends. What kind of job did Lenny get?
    Yvonne- I am right there with you on the not just one or two glasses. In fact I did start later in the evening to cut down on my consumption.

I would love to join the zero club but that just doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe next week when Holly is here (She is working in Seattle for the week and staying with us instead of in a hotel. ) She is my major motivator for healthy eating and getting up and moving.

Have a great week lushes.