Introduction- looking for accountability partners who have a sense of humor :)

Options

Replies

• rainbowgirl331
    rainbowgirl331 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Renee here...Can I join too? I just made a Rum cake. That helps lose weight right? Renee....great name by the way....
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Forget these amateur clowns. I'm what you're looking for. I'm so funny, I not only make other people laugh, but I also slay myself. Now that's talent ;)

And funny is not funny enough until someone pees themselves. Preferably someone else, but whatevs. I'll take comedic incontinence in any form.

• mystcfolly
    mystcfolly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was a wonderin' if I could get in on this here accountability thingamajig? I am not really all that funny, but I can laugh. I always need a laugh.

I'm 46, but in April I'll be 40-too old to remember what I had for dinner last night. My oldest child is 26 and my youngest is 16. During the holidays though, they both appeared to be toddlers. Regression happens when my kids get together.

Anyone who wants to add me, I'll accept, mostly because I'm needy and greedy. And I'm not a stalker at this time of my life. I just don't have the stamina to stay obsessed like that anymore. Pinkie swear.
  • Drama74
    Drama74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can I join this?! My fitbit (which a work colleague recently told me I should attach to my dog) once started tracking my sleep while I was having sex. Bloody mortified.
  • chrisp1312
    chrisp1312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Ooh! (wildly waving arms) Can I join? I definitely have a sense of humor and am occasionally considered funny by my friends (that would be "funny like a clown funny" and not "funny like 'what's that smell...'" It's important to clarify). I'm definitely NOT a stalker (and I'm not sure why this is being addressed - "stalker" wasn't in the prerequisites). I'm 46 and finally putting myself towards the top of my list of priorities and could definitely use some positive reinforcement
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I want in on this funny MFP thingy!

I don't know many jokes but my life is certainly hilarious. :)

Side question: Is lurking the same as stalking? If it is, I'm definitely a stalker. (hangs head)

• CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm mildly amusing unless I'm drunk, then I think I'm hilarious. Pretty sure that counts somewhere. If losing weight isn't fun then I got fat for nothing. Let's make it count!
  • JenDetermined
    JenDetermined Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love to be held accountable. It seems that I can not lose my last 15. I have done the ultra impossible and gotten a beagle to lose weight without actual Armageddon happening first, but me....nnnooooooo. Not so much. Oh, and I only stalk food. That being the issue. :(
  • JenDetermined
    JenDetermined Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Seems the other thing I can't do is figure out how to friend someone from this page. I need remedial assist. :s
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oooh, late to the game, but I'm all in for humor, snark, and a bit of weight loss and fitness along the way!
  • Wiccanandi
    Wiccanandi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you can add me too, my kids are 21,18, 2 1/2 and 3 weeks old and I need motivating to get fit
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Fantastic difference in the age of the kids there. Mine are 27, 24, 15, 13. My mother used to ask me all the time why we waited so long between the first two and the last two kids. Told her I had the first two and figured they'd take care of me when I got older...then I saw how they were turning out and needed a backup plan.
  • MissHestaJones
    MissHestaJones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please may I borrow someone's sense of humour for long enough to get in on this accountability action?
  • sabrinaseaglass
    sabrinaseaglass Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For crying out loud!! Someone adopt me cause I am 47 and I can't get the scale to budge the way it used to!. Anyone else doing good? I just started a discussion about this.
  • CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Seems the other thing I can't do is figure out how to friend someone from this page. I need remedial assist. :s

You click their name, that'll pop a "send message" window, click their name again and that should take you to their profile where you can click the little person with a plus sign icon. That should bring up the "add friend" window.
  • doodlebomb
    doodlebomb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm nothing but humorous! :D I have a 4 year old. Its either that or cry into a bottle of wine! >:)
  • rainbowgirl331
    rainbowgirl331 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just comforted myself from spending 90 min at the dentist with leftover pie from my hubby's bday. Wtf! Trying to add everyone here to my friends, if I miss you, send me a request.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    47 seems to be a magic number around here! I'm running away from menopause or trying very hard to! I need accountability and humor!! Fell off the fitness/nutrition wagon twice already this year and hopped back on for the third time and hanging on for dear life!
  • verno00
    verno00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    47 seems to be a magic number around here! I'm running away from menopause or trying very hard to! I need accountability and humor!! Fell off the fitness/nutrition wagon twice already this year and hopped back on for the third time and hanging on for dear life!

What a motivational thought! 'Running away from menopause" - I love that concept. I'll need to add some songs to remind of this in my jogging playlist.
  • squitio
    squitio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm late finding this funny thread.... I'm a fan. I'm best at making fun of myself rather than other people, but I'm willing to learn! I had two resolutions for 2016: drink more, lose weight. I like a good challenge.