Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 2 (1/8-1/14)

Options
124»

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    What? Ninja coffee bar?? I'm intrigued. What is this magic you speak of?

http://amzn.com/B0174FD6HC

I'll let you know if it really is magic when I get it home and set it up!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :p
  • llbreuer2006
    llbreuer2006 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1/14/16 On day 4 of low carb. It's getting easier. The first week or two is rough. I'm getting too old for this! My health requires that this be a lifetime commitment this time. My goal is to lose 63.8 lbs and keep it off. I'm not really concerned with how long it takes me, but it's always nice to see the results on the scale. I'd like to gather 20-30 staple recipes that I enjoy and are fairly easy to prepare to keep from getting bored. I also need to work on getting more calories in earlier in the day and making sure I get my 8+ glasses of water every day. 2x at the gym this week. starting next week at least 3 every week.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jan 14
    SW for Transformer DietBet 8/31: 153.4
    SW for keto 11/2: 150.6
    CW: 133.2!!!
    GW: Originally was 133. :) I took progress pics and have toyed with sharing them here but I've never shared pics of me on MFP so I'm scared. ;)
    I think I might aim for 130-131 now but if I stall I might just shift to recomp.
    Calories: Went 150 over today but I'm OK with that since carbs were under. Celebrating being down 20 lbs. :)
    Carbs: 17gm net
    Exercise: I'm going to try to do 10 min yoga/stretching after the boys are in bed. My back's been really bothering me from probably both strength and the HIIT I did the other day.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    1. Under 40 carbs a day
    -check. Much easier to stick to now that I'm back in keto.

2. No sugar at all in January
    -so far so good.

3. Yoga every day
    -took 1 rest day yesterday, but I'm keeping up with this a little better now.

4. Clean or declutter something every day
    -I've actually stuck with this! My house has never been so clean. Lol

5. Lose another 40 lbs by July, half by the end of February
    -officially got the first 10 lbs off, for a total of 45. I may have to reevaluate this one, though. I did some body fat calculations last night and I may not have that much to lose (unless I want to get down to 15% bf, that is). I may change it to 25 or 30. We'll see. I am halfway to my goal of 20 lbs by the end of February, though. Yay!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 14

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 222.4
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: no :/

Very hungry day today. A little of this and a little of that quickly adds up.
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Week 2 goals were to simply keep on keepin' on by logging every day and moving an extra 20 minutes daily. I did log daily and exercised 4 days, so all to the good. Also lost another pound, so yay me!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    CW: 152.4

Thurs 1/14:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: 1hr walk :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    7/7

Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

The new thread is up. :smile:

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate it when you forget until the next day that a friend stopped by with a decaf skinny vanilla latte for you at 2 p.m.? ;P So carbs were 14gm higher than I thought yesterday (calories up another 100-something, too). The scale reminded me by bouncing back up a pound today. :wink: :tongue:

Need to bake a cake today for one twin's birthday party tomorrow (we'll have another cake for the other twin's party the following weekend). I don't think I'll be overly tempted by the cakes but I want to make a keto-friendly alternative for me to have on hand. Might be time for some more keto cheesecake or cream cheese clouds; yum!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Don't you hate it when you forget until the next day that a friend stopped by with a decaf skinny vanilla latte for you at 2 p.m.? ;P So carbs were 14gm higher than I thought yesterday (calories up another 100-something, too). The scale reminded me by bouncing back up a pound today. :wink: :tongue:

Need to bake a cake today for one twin's birthday party tomorrow (we'll have another cake for the other twin's party the following weekend). I don't think I'll be overly tempted by the cakes but I want to make a keto-friendly alternative for me to have on hand. Might be time for some more keto cheesecake or cream cheese clouds; yum!

Oh darn on the latte. :disappointed:

I've never made cream cheese clouds. I usually avoid things that make more than 1 serving so I don't go nuts if they are too good. Cakes aren't something that tempt me much either. Good luck to you in any case. Cravings can sometimes ambush us at the weirdest times. Being prepared is ALWAYS a good idea.

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    1. Stay 30 net carbs most days, truly special occasions 50-70. Check!
    2. Hopefully lose ten pounds. Lost .4 so I'm down a pound this month.
    3. Make exercise a major priority. 3 times a week minimum. I had a really good hike and at least 2 Barre3 workouts.
    4. Decluttering my home. Made some headway over the weekend.
    5. Make an effort to be more social. Went to dinner with friends/family three nights and to my nephew's b-day dinner.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

Thanks for the reminder. Now I need to go back and add that hazelnut sugar-free creamer I put in my coffee yesterday afternoon. I totally forgot I was dairy-free until after I drank that cup. Seriously? I was 10 days dairy free until then....
  • glossbones
    Options
    Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)

Thursday, Jan 13:
    [√] Write - Yuh!!
    [√] Hydrate: 85/67
    [√] Step goals: 6,680/5,000
    [√] Activity: Parking far away (in the COLD). Going outside to breathe.
    [√] Logging: Weight (139.8), Macros C/F/P (4%/78%/18%)
    [√] Daily NSV: Co-worker came over to tell me how much weight I'd lost, and said I must feel so good. She is also going to try and do a Keto diet. For now she's finishing off a box of Cheerios but then will start up. And I also got a Starbucks employee interested when she found out I lost 28 pounds adding butter to my coffee.

BOOM. Take that, Thursday.

So the Coffee Ninja! It's very cool, but I still don't quite know how it's settings work. This morning I set it to "Bold" instead of "Classic" and it spit out just a couple drops and quit on me. I hit Classic and got the rest of my cup. The booklet did say that it'll clog if you use fine-grind coffee, and even when it ran there was so much 'dust' from the bagged grocery store coffee that I forgot it wasn't the cacao powder I sometimes add to my coffee. Going to run out at lunch and get some locally-roasted (and Swiss Water Decaf!) coffee, and have them grind it on medium. Excited to have fresher coffee, either way!

My mom instantly started asking about the lattes and such that are promised in the recipe book. Sigh. I was GOING to make those "goodies" keto cookies this weekend but I don't think her sweet tooth needs the attention.

As for me, my weight keeps creeping up, and I feel that cooking for everyone else is derailing my progress. I may start batch cooking on Sundays again, and just make myself steaks. My husband's developed a very unhealthy obsession over food and is backing off on doing anything that resembles a diet. He promised he'd still help me plan meals for the week but I don't know how many different directions grocery shopping is going to go in. I may end up more frazzled than ever. Wish me luck!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I'm totally sucking at this right now. Too much "winging it" and not enough deliberate action. Plus shark week is impending and I just want to eat everything in sight (which, this week, included an entire jar of peanut butter and a 70% cocoa chocolate bar, on top of my usual foods.) However, I am doing a dairy-free trial to see if it's a problem for me, and I am now on day 10 without a single bite of cheese or splash of heavy cream. (I am allowing myself butter, though.) This week my kids are all sick again. The baby's cough was troubling, so I took him to the pediatrician on Monday. Come to find out, he has RSV, so that threw a serious wrench in my week. I took off Monday and Tuesday, have an appointment for him next Tuesday morning I'll have to take off for, and have just been working hard to try to keep him reasonably happy and comfortable. Sleep is elusive. But on my extra two days off, I caught up on laundry, so that's a plus! :)

Carbs Under 40: Only 3 days so far (hopefully today will make it 4 out of 7).
    8,000 Steps: No, not even once.
    Workout: Now I'm really feeling like a failure. No workouts in the past week.
    Technology-Free Evenings: Still better but still not perfect.
    Communicating with Loved Ones: I phoned my bestie on my drive home yesterday, but she didn't answer. :disappointed:
    Mindfulness: Does prayer count? Life just keeps piling the ish on this winter...
    Meal Planning/Shopping: I'm still rocking this one. :)
    Prof Dev: Still listening to the trauma audiobook. I was going to attend a lecture at a local hospital this week for a few free CEUs, but then I had to take two days off earlier this week due to my baby boy coming down with RSV, so I can't afford the time away from the office next week.

I jumped back up to 176 a few days ago, and here I sit.
    SW: 174.8
    1/7/16: 173.8
    1/14/16: 176.0

I just wanted to add that yesterday was a win:

* I ended with a total of 32g carbs (19g net), which means I kept to my carb goals for more than half of the week.
    * I got in my 8,000 steps, partly because I did 16 minutes of a cheesy little workout video while the kids ate their dinner, so check and check for step goal and workout.
    * I had an awesome convo with my BFF yesterday afternoon.

I got back on the horse as soon as I posted yesterday, because I was feeling pretty discouraged. Also, current weight is 174.2, so I'm back down almost 2 pounds again. Daily fluctuations don't discourage me, but the drops do encourage me, if that makes sense.
  • glossbones
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Daily fluctuations don't discourage me, but the drops do encourage me, if that makes sense.

I know exactly what you mean!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Friday Checking in

SW 150.0
    CW 148.9 - Circled Back to November 9th - when this yo-yo trip first started - And... begin...
    GW: 5 pounds in January

Calories- Yes
    Carbs- Awesome , Lets go Keto
    Exercise- Run, girl, run. But, need to take tonight off, feeling my age.
    Logged - Yes

No Friday night drinking.

Looking forward to a skinny weekend!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Stayed the course this week...carbs under 20 and exercised. I also dropped a pound! My patience is still not where I want it to be, but I am getting there!
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Crashed & burned on most of my goals, the last couple of days