The Vicious Yellow Platoon

Options

Replies

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Having a rough week but my grand children come first, my grand-daughter, has strep throat since Friday. Yesterday my grandson started he is 2 1/2 he just wanted to cuddle with grandma today. It is a miracle if I don`t get sick. Eating healthy pays off. Steps -12,200
  • sue_01
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    The day before yesterday, I walked 60k steps. 28.4 miles.
    The important thing to note here, is that The Next Day? I felt awesome. No aches, no pains, no tiredness. :)
    Satisfaction, my friends! <3
    (And now I'm going for a walk with hubby.... will check in for real later today. Have an awesome day!)
    Fantastic --- really good job!
  • sue_01
    Options
    moremonica wrote: »
    I'm eating out a LOT this week so getting very nervous. Tomorrow's goal is to go to the gym before breakfast and AGAIN before dinner to try and combat my calorie intake.

@L_Master - Great job with the pop. I gave it up a few years ago. You may want to try plain soda water or mineral water. All the fizz but none of the bad stuff.
    @sue_01 - New clothes are a great motivator! I might try to wear a new dress to work tomorrow! EEK! It was tight in the hips when I bought it but I am hoping it is a little loose now.
    @starfishwendy - don't get too bummed about that pound. It could be anything! Maybe a bit too many carbs, just some water weight or sometimes not enough sleep. The scale is wicked.

• sue_01
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    moremonica wrote: »
    I'm eating out a LOT this week so getting very nervous. Tomorrow's goal is to go to the gym before breakfast and AGAIN before dinner to try and combat my calorie intake.

@L_Master - Great job with the pop. I gave it up a few years ago. You may want to try plain soda water or mineral water. All the fizz but none of the bad stuff.
    @sue_01 - New clothes are a great motivator! I might try to wear a new dress to work tomorrow! EEK! It was tight in the hips when I bought it but I am hoping it is a little loose now.
    @starfishwendy - don't get too bummed about that pound. It could be anything! Maybe a bit too many carbs, just some water weight or sometimes not enough sleep. The scale is wicked.

Great gym commitment!
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing! I'm feeling good about this week's weigh in. Hopefully it all goes well. Happy Thursday!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Having a rough week but my grand children come first, my grand-daughter, has strep throat since Friday. Yesterday my grandson started he is 2 1/2 he just wanted to cuddle with grandma today. It is a miracle if I don`t get sick. Eating healthy pays off. Steps -12,200

Hope they feel better soon, honey and that it gets easier for you too! x
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    The day before yesterday, I walked 60k steps. 28.4 miles.
    The important thing to note here, is that The Next Day? I felt awesome. No aches, no pains, no tiredness. :)
    Satisfaction, my friends! <3
    (And now I'm going for a walk with hubby.... will check in for real later today. Have an awesome day!)

Very impressive! 60000 steps!! wow x
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Having a bit of a rough time right now between work being crazy, hunting for new furniture, setting it up, and anxiety through the roof. Trying to log my challenges each day, even if the results are not great everyday... My main goal is to do this challenge to the very end and do my best. You lot are inspiring :)
  • sue_01
    Options
    This week is tough for me,my one grand-daughter had strep throat and her brother was at the hospital all night, he has pneumonia (parents)no sleep. Hard to stay on track not my normal routine. Barely made it over 10,000 steps.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    This week is tough for me,my one grand-daughter had strep throat and her brother was at the hospital all night, he has pneumonia (parents)no sleep. Hard to stay on track not my normal routine. Barely made it over 10,000 steps.

sorry to hear that, Sue! :( good luck with everything xx
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Hope everyone is well soon!
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Having a bit of a rough time right now between work being crazy, hunting for new furniture, setting it up, and anxiety through the roof. Trying to log my challenges each day, even if the results are not great everyday... My main goal is to do this challenge to the very end and do my best. You lot are inspiring :)

Just keep doing the best you can. We all have been there (or are there now). Being aware and trying to keep up with thoughtful food and movement choices is better than turning a blind eye until the chaos settles down. The chaos will never settle down :wink:
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    beeruin wrote: »

Just keep doing the best you can. We all have been there (or are there now). Being aware and trying to keep up with thoughtful food and movement choices is better than turning a blind eye until the chaos settles down. The chaos will never settle down :wink:

thank you! needed to read those last words, you are totally right!! x
  • sue_01
    Options
    Have a great week everyone. Let`s focus.
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Pretty good last week. Solid most days, little overkill on the junk with super bowl today, but kept the overall calories dialed right in at +600 for today, which was the target.

Had an excellent bike ride on Saturday, 30 min test, i.e. how hard can I go for 30'. New power record of 321w, which is really, really strong especially for 7000' altitude. Definitely on track to be one of the strongest climbers in the state this season as I slim down a couple more kilos.

Time for one more really good week, then 2 week diet break before coming back to lose the last 3kg at a really slow (maybe 1/2lb 1/4kg per week type loss), controlled rate.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Last week to go!

Results for Week 4 are out
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290040/results?new=1

Awesome job you guys for commitment
  • sue_01
    Options
    Great job team yellow. I had a great day, almost back to normal after last week, did cardio, yoga and a brisk walk in the rain.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Hi guys! Weigh-in day for me: I stayed the same... Bit frustrating but pretty sure it's because of TOM, grr. How are you all doing??
  • sue_01
    Options
    Still not a normal week for me, grandchildren still sick had to go to the hospital, very high fever. I did good, 3rd week did`t catch, strep throat or pneumonia from them. Healthy eating helps. Managed at night to catch up on exercise. Will not go under 10,000 steps.
  • moremonica
    moremonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone - I did a solid 1/2-1 pound per/week loss which was my goal. 7.3 pounds total.
This discussion has been closed.