The Vicious Yellow Platoon

Options

Replies

• mia2xtran
    mia2xtran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kl4cza7ut5tm.jpeg
    This is my breakfast:
    - 1 cup red bean n brown rice ( I ate 3/4 cup)
    - 1.5 cup stir fried cauliflower (from my fall garden) and mushroom
    - Siracha sauce (bc I'm Asian ha ha)
    I figure these pics might help keeping myself motivated because so far I have not eaten as healthy as I planned to do when I joined the challenge. Also I like to see pics of food lol so if anyone feels like posting pics of their food , I will be thankful. Good luck to everyone with today's side challenge!

• kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    mia2xtran wrote: »
    kl4cza7ut5tm.jpeg

This looks really good! I have no motivation due to a sinus thing I'm fending off. I'm just curled up in my chair and cannot make myself move at all.
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    Weigh in day! Down 3.8. Finally!, lol. (I get on the scale every day, so it's fun to see it go

Woo hoo!! It is so rewarding to see positive movement when we make such good choices! Well done!
  • mia2xtran
    mia2xtran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @kdcomstock89 thanks. i hope you get well soon. I just got past that.
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ugh. So dang busy lately. 15+ hr training weeks and 35 hour work weeks really make life busy.

Sunday was a pretty bad day, planned to do a small refreed day (+500 kcal over maintenance), but got carried away and went +1300 kcal. Most of it from junk food, as I added in an extra large cookie from safeway and a cupcake.

That said, right back into point on Monday, and good since then...though that extra sugar binging brought back some absolutely vicious sugar cravings and fake hunger on Monday/Tuesday. I was literally stuffed from what I had just eaten and an hour later was feeling "hungry". Yikes!

Pretty well back to stable now, and did a solid job not giving into those. Still on the no soda train. 3 weeks without soda when I pretty much average 1 a day in 2015...satisfied!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I always like my protein fibre 1 bar after lunch, evening snack I always have a small bran muffin. But I plan for them. Any other deserts don`t come in the house.
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just checking in to say hi.This week has been a struggle and I hope I'm not going to go up on weigh in day.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    @mia2xtran, your breakfast looked yummy.
    @moremonica, keep your streak going! I will be joining you this week. Only fruit after dinner as a dessert : )
    @L_Master, Man you are good at listening to your body. If I feel hungry a little while after eating, I usually just reach for a munchie. I might have second thoughts next time.

• TracyeS4
    Options
    I am freaking out a little. I started a weight training program 3 weeks ago and I am now up 2.2 pounds. I worked so hard to get the scale under 160 pounds. I can not bear to see that number go up any more! I'm assuming that the weight is from muscle. I haven't been perfect with my calorie goals, but I haven't been any worse than usual. This week I am tightening up on my calories.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Today is my weigh-in day and I was able to lose 600g this week, so not as good as last week but still a nice loss I think :) Still sick though so will not do the side challenge today but I worked out so I think that will have to do. Failed miserably at the side challenge yesterday too as I had two pieces of cake, bleh. But I walked a lot more than I though was doable for me when I am working on site (more than 13000 steps).

@mia2xtran: very nice!
    @kdcomstock89: feel better soon x
    @L_Master: I think you are doing great :)
    @sue_01: planning seems to work wonders for you so well done!
    @starfishwendy: crossed fingers!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    @HealthyGinny, congrats - a loss is a loss. I love seeing the scale go down

• HealthyGinny
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    I am freaking out a little. I started a weight training program 3 weeks ago and I am now up 2.2 pounds. I worked so hard to get the scale under 160 pounds. I can not bear to see that number go up any more! I'm assuming that the weight is from muscle. I haven't been perfect with my calorie goals, but I haven't been any worse than usual. This week I am tightening up on my calories.

I get what you mean :( even if it's muscle, it's hard seeing the number on the scale go up when you've worked so hard to get it lower...
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    @HealthyGinny, congrats - a loss is a loss. I love seeing the scale go down

thanks!!
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Also guys, I have to say that I am going away on Friday and Saturday (little trip) so I won't log in nor will I track my food. I will keep track of my steps and water intake, also how many fruits & vegs I eat if I can, but not protein/calories. Hopefully that'll do and I won't gain too much. It is going to be fun so I refuse to worry though! :) x
  • sue_01
    Options

I get what you mean :( even if it's muscle, it's hard seeing the number on the scale go up when you've worked so hard to get it lower...

I seem to have the same problem. Do you track your measurements?
  • sue_01
    Options
    Don`t forget to weigh in. Have a nice weekend yellow team.
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This afternoon I started to get the munchies. Had an apple but it wasn't cutting it. I decided the best thing to do was to have a protein shake. Usually I would only think of this as a meal replacement. I normally would think it was too many calories for a snack or something. After thinking about it I realized it would honestly end up being less calories and far better for me to go this route. It worked. Got the sweet fix and filled me up. I also have an extra boost of self confidence. I am proud of myself for stopping the grazing. Always my weakness.

• L_Master
    Options
    beeruin wrote: »
    This afternoon I started to get the munchies. Had an apple but it wasn't cutting it. I decided the best thing to do was to have a protein shake. Usually I would only think of this as a meal replacement. I normally would think it was too many calories for a snack or something. After thinking about it I realized it would honestly end up being less calories and far better for me to go this route. It worked. Got the sweet fix and filled me up. I also have an extra boost of self confidence. I am proud of myself for stopping the grazing. Always my weakness.

Nice! Awesome that worked out for you. Liquid calories always end up making me crave solid foods with it
  • L_Master
    Options
    Yesterday was nice, hit 66.2kg/145.2 lbs...lowest I've weighed since I got big in middle school. 4-6 kg left to go, not going to be easy kg drop, but really looking forward to the tremendous difference in performance, and the upcoming tremendous change in definition that should accompany going from 13% to 6% BF.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »

I seem to have the same problem. Do you track your measurements?

Luckily, I do... Kinda. I have lost 1 inch on my waist and 1 inch in my hips since Nov 21st. Everywhere else is the same. I'm so curvy, though, that even my measurements can be inconsistent. I have to make sure that they are always in the exact same spot as last time or there can be large variations. Also, I have to make extra sure that I am not pulling the measuring tape too tight. Does anyone else have this problem? Wish there was a better way.
This discussion has been closed.