The Vicious Yellow Platoon

Options
6zmz7vcf1as5.png
Please note that team participation is mandatory at least twice a week. If you don't feel like participating on here, eventually everyone will be less involved. Team Challenges are only successful if you work as a team and be there to support each other.
teamwork-makes-the-dreamwork.jpg

*I will be part of all the teams, so you guys will see me around often*

Team members have been announced in Team's Standing Sheet

Yellow Team Members are:
@1cand0it2
@beeruin
@bmcmahon29
@dujyandco
@EricaSwanson1
@HealthyGinny
@jaygirl3
@Jbaker436
@kdcomstock89
@Kmcquiggan
@L_Master
@mia2xtran
@moremonica
@night_watcher
@Pifin
@Starfishwendy
@sue_01
@Tazieisland
@TracyeS4

Weigh-in will be open all week, so that you weigh-in as per your weekly schedule and will be closed on Sunday Night (PST), so that I can compile results on Mondays every week.

Here is the weigh in form
All the information & resources on the challenge are available here
The information on Daily and Weekly Challenges is here
The link to daily/weekly challenges logger is here.
There is no logging for side challenges except on how you did on the challenge. Please post to your team threads about your daily challenges.

To Start off answer the following.
You should be called:
You are from (Timezone):
Your weigh in day:
Favorite exercise:
Favorite healthy food:
Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):
Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No):
Goal for the week:
Goal for the challenge (35 days):
First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:

** Team motivators can be multiple people on the team who would try to regularly interact with team members here on the group or on the wall. They should post encouraging thoughts to their team members.

*****NOTE******
Please add your team members and to enhance communication among the team members, do try and reply the previous poster on the team thread while posting your comment. So that no one feels left out.

tumblr_m0on55F3t71r9f8g8o1_500.gif

Replies

• kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Kelsey
    You are from (Timezone): Iowa, Central Time
    Your weigh in day: Sunday morning
    Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking/Yoga
    Favorite healthy food: Clementines
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Eating too much in the evening.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No
    Goal for the week: Cut down on 1 can of pop per day. Lose 1 lb.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Consistently lose weight each week, quit pop and start hitting my macros that I have selected to watch.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hello, Vicious Yellow Platoon-mates! I'm going to send a friend request to every one of you! :D

You should be called: Amy or justrollme is fine :smiley:
    You are from (Timezone): EST
    Your weigh in day: Saturdays
    Favorite exercise: bellydancing
    Favorite healthy food: either my black bean soup or my cauliflower curry, too hard to decide!
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Sometimes I get frustrated with being patient.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I would give it a go if no one else is up for it, I do honestly feel like I'm not the best choice for such a thing, though.
    Goal for the week: Get back to walking!!
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Get back to beginner running and get close to below 120 lbs. (Ultimate goal is 115, but I'll need longer than 35 days for that!)
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:

Neck 13.0" on 1/10/2016
    Waist 27.5" on 1/10/2016
    Hips 36.0" on 1/10/2016
    Chest 38.0" on 1/10/2016
    Thigh 19.0" on 1/10/2016
    Bicep 10.0" on 1/10/2016
    Calf 13.5" on 1/10/2016
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP (day....55, I think?), and this is my first challenge. I'm looking forward to it! :)

You should be called: Steph (or Stephanie)
    You are from (Timezone): Mountain, U.S.
    Your weigh in day: Monday
    Favorite exercise: Walking, walking aerobics
    Favorite healthy food: Morning smoothie
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Bedside chocolates! :)
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Sure!
    Goal for the week: 23,000 Steps every day (According to my fitbit, not Pacer. Fitbit steps are harder to come by.)
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): A 500 calorie cushion, ie calorie leftover, daily. (Plus the regular deficit.)
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post measurements: Today, January 10th (Inches) W-46, Ch-50, H-43.5, N-15.25, Th-25, Height: 5'3 1/2"

Is that everything??? And now I'm off to get ready for my first Go! of the day. :)
    So looking forward to working and playing with you!
    -Stephanie (47, happy wife and mama)
  • dujyandco
    Options
    Question, @night_watcher, are we following the challenges posted to "Weekly and Daily Challenges', on November 7?
    Or will you be writing new ones?
    Oh, and one more.... is this our Team Page? Do we post everything here? Pictures of walks, foods, etc?
    Thanks!
    -Stephanie
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    Question, @night_watcher, are we following the challenges posted to "Weekly and Daily Challenges', on November 7?
    Or will you be writing new ones?
    Oh, and one more.... is this our Team Page? Do we post everything here? Pictures of walks, foods, etc?
    Thanks!
    -Stephanie

hey @dujyandco , yes we are following the weekly and daily challenges. I edited these challenges i guess at the end of december :),

Yep this is our teams page, you are gonna be posting everything here.
    If you have any more questions and i am not around, you can always ask @justrollme, @sue_01, @tracyes4 and @starfishwendy , they have been doing this challenge with me for the a couple of times now :). A lot of support is coming :wink:
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Sue
    You are from (Timezone): Eastern
    Your weigh in day: Saturday
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite healthy food:Honey Crisp Apples
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): snacking
    Goal for the week: Work on firming up
    Goal for the challenge (35 days):Lose 5 pounds
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:Height 5`6-Chest-38,Waist 36,
    Hips-40
  • justrollme
    Options
    Oooo honey crisp apples are SO delicious. They are still in the stores right now, surprisingly, and we keep buying them all the time! When they're not around, we usually switch to Pink Lady variety.
  • dujyandco
    Options
    Honeycrisp and Pink Ladies are our favorites, too! :)
  • dujyandco
    Options
    Hi mates! I have a couple of questions....
    First... I'm thinking the macros count needs to be xx% of total daily calories, and not your 'regular' daily allowance, right? LIke post-exercise, instead of before?

And, if that's the case.... good grief! I was almost done with my Protein, and then it added on another bajillion grams! I'm done for the day --and let me just say that I ate high-protein (greek) yogurt, a turkey sandwich, and an omelette with ham!-- and now I have like 78 more to get! >:O

So my next question is, because I do loads of walking (I average 10-12 miles per day, and indeed, my calves get pretty worn out, some days), how important is it (for me, not for the challenge) to eat all that protein?
    I mean, I'm not body-building, here, but nor do I want to wear myself out (and down) because I'm not eating enough protein. ???

Any experts?

Thanks for any help!
    -Stephanie
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Wendy
    You are from (Timezone): AZ Mtn time
    Your weigh in day: Friday
    Favorite exercise: kickboxing
    Favorite healthy food: lean beef
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): All
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No, but I'll do what I can to help.
    Goal for the week: Complete all challenges
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Lose 5-7 inches
    First Day Side Challenge >>
    L arm - 13
    R arm - 13.5
    Waist - 37
    Hips - 41.75
    L thigh - 25.5
    R thigh - 25.5
    L calf - 15.5
    R calf - 15.5
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Eric/LMaster both work well
    You are from (Timezone): Mountain (GMT -7)
    Your weigh in day: 1/7
    Favorite exercise: Riding a bicycle
    Favorite healthy food:
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Soda, most thing sugary/fatty, cravings/late night snackin
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): Open to it
    Goal for the week: Keep the calories from junk food under 5% daily calorie intake
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Same as above + lose 2-4 kg

First day side challenge: TBA
  • L_Master
    Options
    Hi mates! I have a couple of questions....
    First... I'm thinking the macros count needs to be xx% of total daily calories, and not your 'regular' daily allowance, right? LIke post-exercise, instead of before?

Yes, correct. It adjusts as you enter more exercise in MFP. I might start the day with a 120g protein target, but at the end that will have adjusted to 150 or 180 depending on how long my training session was that day and how active I was.
    So my next question is, because I do loads of walking (I average 10-12 miles per day, and indeed, my calves get pretty worn out, some days), how important is it (for me, not for the challenge) to eat all that protein?
    I mean, I'm not body-building, here, but nor do I want to wear myself out (and down) because I'm not eating enough protein. ???

I would think it would fit in with your general diet. I.e. if you start the day with a 1500kcal target and then end up walking 10 miles that could raise it be 700-1000+ kcal. Assuming you just scale up what you ate to get to 1500kcal, then that should naturally take care of the protein or whatever macro it is we are talking about.

• night_watcher
    Options
    You should be called: Sam or night_watcher :smiley:
    You are from (Timezone): PST
    Your weigh in day: Tuesday
    Favorite exercise: Weight training craze has recently started.
    Favorite healthy food: Eggs & Milk
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):Once i get off track, its hard to get back on.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I already am :)
    Goal for the week: Follow my meal plans and kill it in gym.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Up weight lifts on arms.
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: a total of 312

@kdcomstock89 ooo, if i dont eat healthy breakfast, i tend to eat a lot in evening.
    @justrollme bellydancing, i try doing it, it's an art, because it seems easy but it sure as hell not.
    @dujyandco its the total budget of calories (post exercise). You need protein to re-build your muscles so that next your body is stronger when you do the same exercise. I think all you questions are perfectly answered by @L_Master
    @starfishwendy Ive been wanting to pick up kickboxing since 2 years, sadly i cant find a gym here which gives beginner lessons...
    @L_Master you forgot your favorite healthy food :P or there isnt any? :no_mouth:

I am so happy to be doing this the third time. I am part of all the teams, so you guys will be seeing me around and everywhere.

I know by all means that weightloss takes time, This time i am striving to be healthier and slimmer at the same time. I'll see you guys around :)

• L_Master
    Options
    Oh, I did. FRUITS!

Namely berries. Blackberries, strawberries, rasberries, and especially blueberries.

I'm that obnoxious guy that literally buys 20-30 containers of berries when they go on the $1/container sales they have occasionally here in CO
  • dujyandco
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »

I would think it would fit in with your general diet. I.e. if you start the day with a 1500kcal target and then end up walking 10 miles that could raise it be 700-1000+ kcal. Assuming you just scale up what you ate to get to 1500kcal, then that should naturally take care of the protein or whatever macro it is we are talking about.

Right. Sounds reasonable..... but my protein starts out (from 1200 calories, sedentary) at 62g, and yesterday ended up at 161. !!! That's huge. I eat meat often, but I don't eat 7 steaks a day! :)

So I'd like to know how imperative (for my overall health) it is to increase my protein that much.
    More research to do, I guess.
  • night_watcher
    Options

Right. Sounds reasonable..... but my protein starts out (from 1200 calories, sedentary) at 62g, and yesterday ended up at 161. !!! That's huge. I eat meat often, but I don't eat 7 steaks a day! :)

So I'd like to know how imperative (for my overall health) it is to increase my protein that much.
    More research to do, I guess.

if youre not weight training, you will need .35 grams of protein per lb of your weight, like i weigh 211 lbs so my protein must be 76 g per day atleast.

http://www.globalrph.com/protein-calculator.cgi

This calculator might help you.

I recommend high protein diet because it has helped me break plateaus, also proteins has enzymes which enhances hormones in females. hence helping weight loss.
  • night_watcher
    Options
    Oh, I did. FRUITS!

Namely berries. Blackberries, strawberries, rasberries, and especially blueberries.

I'm that obnoxious guy that literally buys 20-30 containers of berries when they go on the $1/container sales they have occasionally here in CO

nice, i love fruits too, but i have to limit them because of lots of carbs... if i eat lets say 5 servings of fruits instead of veggies, i usually go way overboard with my carbs.

We dont have any other fresh berries here except strawberries. We get canned berries here too.
  • justrollme
    Options
    Oh, I did. FRUITS!

Ahaha, I do that, too! When I was a little kid, (which was a very long time ago /cough) my Dad went to a local produce place every week and brought home an entire flat of strawberries. I still feel starry-eyed when I look at that many at once! Where my parents live, blackberries grow wild along several roadsides, it was so fun to just run out and pick some. I still try to visit them every year around late July when they're all ripe and ready for picking.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

Glad to be part of the Yellow Team :)

You should be called: Ginny, or HealthyGinny is fine
    You are from (Timezone): Paris in France (CET)
    Your weigh in day: Thursday morning
    Favorite exercise: love dancing and running
    Favorite healthy food: fruits & nuts!
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): afternoon snacking :(
    Goal for the week: start the challenge well & lose weight obviously :)
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose weight, maintain my motivation, do my best and of course win with my team!! B)

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    You should be called: Sue
    You are from (Timezone): Eastern
    Your weigh in day: Saturday
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite healthy food:Honey Crisp Apples
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): snacking
    Goal for the week: Work on firming up
    Goal for the challenge (35 days):Lose 5 pounds
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:Height 5`6-Chest-38,Waist 36,
    Hips-40

Another snacker ;)
This discussion has been closed.