Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 3 (1/15-1/21)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Welcome to Week 3 of our January Challenge.

The requisite blurb:
Here we are. Another year gone. But a new one is just starting, and in keeping with the tradition of a New Year Resolution, we have a challenge for you aiming at helping you KEEP that resolution this year.

Let us know your resolution, or even just a way you'd like to challenge yourself this month.
You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
The post up in the stickies will contain links to the weekly threads should this one get buried. 2 clicks will get you back to this one without having to search.

This is a fresh new year.
Own it.

We'll be here to cheer you on.

Happy New Year and make that resolution stick.

Keep it rockin', me hearties. :heart:

Replies

• sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm back after a major F up for the holidays. I initially lost more than 10lbs in keto in just two weeks. Then the holidays and a huge upheaval in my marriage commenced. And I gave up.

I'm now on my 15th day of keto. I've only lost 5lbs this time. But I'm ok with that. I'm starting a new job today and my marriage still sucks but I'm trying to keep this keto diet just for me and not let stress encumber my success.

My goal this week is to lose 2lbs and keep on with this diet. I enjoy it, and it doesn't leave me HANGRY so it's not as difficult as diets before. My biggest challenge was dropping my nightly wine consumption. I love my Merlot or any red really. I've exchanged it for some awesome herbal teas. Which is helping me de-stress at the end of the day. So here's to the next week of keto and two more pounds gone!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Jan 15 summary
    Calories: Under goal of 1350
    Carbs: Under goal of 30 net
    Exercise: My plan is yoga after the boys are in bed.

Also, I gave the link to this group to a bunch of interested friends today so we might have another little influx. :)
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 15

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 222.8
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes

yesterdays hungry was followed by today's weight increase :/
  • disaberry
    disaberry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jan 15 update!
    Wow I have been devouring books on ketogenic diet this week I have four so far. Lol I'm currently reading the Coconut Ketogenic diet by Bruce Fife. I am under 20 net carbs every day, about, and I've lost 3 pounds in five days... :-) Which makes me very very happy! I feel great with more energy! I wake up in the morning, the last two mornings clear and alert with no brain fog which is amazing. I have had brain fog for a year! Yesterday I had 4 tablespoons of coconut oil with meals and three coconut bombs, fat bombs, that I made which came out great I love them :-)
    Weight 142 lbs. 28.2% BF
    Goal 125 lbs. 18% BF
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Another night of dancing with friends and some awesome versions of Bowie classics! Amazing, great, can't wait til next Friday. Activity level remains increased. I love being sble to see the proof on my phone app pedometer!
    Starting my workplan diet and lo and behold there was no water retension on my scale this AM! A first! Im going to check on their scale but wow! May have to rethink my plan and maybe not always feel so hungry!!! Also lost a pound. Could it be true???
    This afternoon til work on monday is my designated declutter time. Have to come up with a list of projects and see what i can do.
    I find myself just feeling happy and accepted and good these days and I have to stop and realize it is real. I made changes and I'm living the dream. Maybe not on a big scale, but it's working for me. Yay!
  • baconslave
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Another night of dancing with friends and some awesome versions of Bowie classics! Amazing, great, can't wait til next Friday. Activity level remains increased. I love being sble to see the proof on my phone app pedometer!
    Starting my workplan diet and lo and behold there was no water retension on my scale this AM! A first! Im going to check on their scale but wow! May have to rethink my plan and maybe not always feel so hungry!!! Also lost a pound. Could it be true???
    This afternoon til work on monday is my designated declutter time. Have to come up with a list of projects and see what i can do.
    I find myself just feeling happy and accepted and good these days and I have to stop and realize it is real. I made changes and I'm living the dream. Maybe not on a big scale, but it's working for me. Yay!

Sounds like you are doing great and are feeling a lot better mood-wise. :+1:
    Dancing with friends is so incredibly fun.

Last Week: 157.8lb
    CW: 152.2

So I lost 5.6lb of water weight this week. I'm pretty sure that the rest of the 2.2 is going to be harder to get rid of so starting Monday I'm going to employ my Alternate Day Fasting plan. 4:3: 4 days at 1800 cals and 3 days at 1000. Until I keep at or under 150 for a week. Then I can resume the recomp. Maybe I'm being a little hardcore about the maintenance thing. Well, I'm 37. I don't trust myself to futz around with it. I've lost weight before and listened to the evil food voices and gained it all back plus. NOT GONNA DO IT. Not this time.

Fri 1/15:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: Kettlebells :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    Stayed away from booze: :+1:
    8/8

Week1:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

Week2:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

• macchiatto
    Options
    Jan 16
    Calories: Under goal
    Carbs: 15gm net
    Exercise: 20-min walk plus lots of cleaning and party prep.

I did make it through my son's birthday party without touching the cake or other carby snacks ... had lots of cheese since that was the one party food that was keto-friendly. ;) I didn't get around to making myself an alternate dessert but at dinner when everyone else was having leftover cake for dessert, I had a dark chocolate square. Mmm. :)
  • baconslave
    Options

CW: 155
    And...I gained 3 back. GD nuts. Why can I not stay out of them? Could it be because DH leaves the can out on the counter 24/7? And eats them in front of me all the time... I can go about 9 days in ketosis and do fine. Then something happens during and after that 10th day. I crave nuts like mad. It is insane. I thought I was smart budgeting them into my day yesterday. HA. HA. HA. :angry:

Sat 1/16:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: HAHAHAHA...no.
    Carbs: Damn nuts.
    Exercise: Cleaned the monstrous mess that were my floors in the whole house :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    Stayed away from booze: No. Didn't drink as much, but no.
    5/8

Week1:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

Week2:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

• macchiatto
    Options
    Jan 17
    Calories and macros were good.
    Scale has gone up 2 lbs in the past couple of days. I like how it does that just when I'd hit 0.2 lbs above goal weight. :p (Though I think I want to go about 3 lbs below that but we'll see.) Trying to ignore it.
    Still need to fit in a workout today. I'm going to do either YAYOG or yoga.

Also, happy I hit on a semi-bulletproof coffee version this morning that I actually liked! I put 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil in my cup, brewed Keurig coffee into it, added some HWC and a little SF mocha syrup, whisked it together (since the hot coffee melted the coconut oil nicely) and it was really good! Hopefully if I start small like this I can get my taste for coconut oil back. I want to like it--and BPC--again! :)
  • reblazed
    Options
    JAN 17

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 219.6
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes

Don't know what caused this drop ... but I'll take it with a smile :)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Wow, @reblazed, you are doing amazing!!
  • reblazed
    Options
    @macchiatto Thanks ... but I have no idea how I lost 4.4 lbs in one day! I really think the scales is setting me up for a crash tomorrow. :/
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Maybe but still, that's amazing weight loss in just over a month!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @reblazed, my guess would be that your body dropped some water, this can still happen after you've been LCHF for a while. As our bodies heal, inflammation is improved and with this improvement is the decreased need for it to retain water. KCKO!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still sticking with workplan diet. Moderate low carb, a bit more protein than I've been doing, a little more fats as well. I've been doing very strict keto so it will be intetesting to see how my body responds. The water retention showed up on the work scale. It will be difficult tracking two different scales, but I am mentally cognizant that a difference of a few pounds between scales doesn't diminish the overall total lost. (My scale is nicer than the work scale. Work scale is probably more accurate) I can handle it for the duration of the workdiet plan. Either way I am psyched for the numbers to start going down!! Which I hope they do soon.
    Kind of slacking off about decluttering a bit for the holiday weekend. Hope to get cracking when I go out for errands later. Still surrounded by way to much clutter and furniture that needs to be moved so I can move new pieces into place shipped by my mom, to where they go. The pkace feels lije a giant closet ir storage room! Can't wait til the kids get situated enough to give some away. Really can't wait for that! Family stuff has gotten cumbersome.
    Still moving and grooving on schedule. All good there.
    In hopes of helping my work situation, I'm hoping to put together a training on a work topic that my boss mentioned she hadn't gotten to yet. Haven't done that for awhile and i enjoy doing it, so whether she likes it or not, its good for me to do it.
    That's all, folks! Have a great day!
  • disaberry
    disaberry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Excellent @elize7 !!!
    Yes, decluttering in and of itself is very healing. Mind, Body and Spirit!
    I am very excited about this way of living.
    Looking forward to the excess body fat being used as fuel.
    Sounds like lots of positive changes in your life. :)
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JAN 18 Weekend summary

SW: May 2015 184: Jan 1. 150
    CW: 149.8
    GW for January: 5 pounds

Calories Goals: Close, but a bit over
    Carbs Goals: Meh - again, a bit over
    Exercise: Oh yea. back at the gym, working it. Lots of cardio and weights.

I seem to be still bouncing up and down around 150. Lowest was 147 highest was 153, over the past 6 weeks. I'm working at more exercise to nudge things back down. My energy level is pretty good. Had a tummy ache last night - I think from too many eggs. Hoping for a good week this week.
  • baconslave
    Options
    updated. It ate it. I'm pissed. I'll come back later and type it out again. :rage:
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)

Friday, Jan 14:
    [–] Write - Nope
    [√] Hydrate: 110/67
    [–] Step goals: 3,926/5,000
    [√] Activity: Parking far away. Going outside to breathe.
    [√] Logging: Weight (139.8), Macros C/F/P (5%/78%/16%)
    [√] Daily NSV: A coworker brought in swiss cheese dip for people at lunch, and made me a special batch without the ritz crackers. I don't know how this is a NSV except that people are seeing the results and supporting them? But she's the same person who had my husband and me over last year around this time and made us buffalo chicken dip and introduced me to cracker cut cheeses... so it's not anything new! But there.. Guess my NSV is that I'm still at it! :D

Saturday, Jan 15:
    [√] Write - Yuh!! I went to a writer's workshop for three hours, and then came home and wrote for an hour (before the W-2 on my desk distracted me into starting our tax prep :D ).
    [–] Hydrate: 49/67
    [–] Step goals: 3,318/5,000
    [√] Activity: Outside for breathing, though my brain is convinced going to a library and sitting was exercise (it's wrong :P )
    [√] Logging: Weight (141), Macros C/F/P (5%/80%/15%)
    [√] Daily NSV: My husband and our two friends who came over had taco bell. I did not, and I was the only one not suffering from Taco Belly at the end of the evening.

Actually I was not feeling well at all on Saturday. I got queasy in the back seat on the way to Taco Bell and just skipped dinner altogether. I had a cup of broth and later had a coffee. Skipped alcohol tonight of course, too.

Sunday, Jan 16:
    [–] Nope
    [√] Hydrate: 86/67
    [√] Step goals: 7,263/5,000
    [√] Activity: Push Ups, Planking, Squats. Parking far away (and forgetting things on my list so I had to go back in the store twice). Going outside to breathe. Lots of cooking/weekly meal prep.
    [√] Logging: Weight (140.2), Macros C/F/P (2%/78%/20%)
    [√] Daily NSV: Saturday's yuckiness convinced me to re-affirm a Principia Carnivora lifestyle. Sunday was eggs, bacon, steak, cheese, coffee, and spices. Felt immediately improved. Shopped on an empty stomach with no trouble, made herb-cheese-stuffed rainbow peppers for my family (which were apparently as amazing as they looked) and totally satisfied myself with a goat cheese cream sauce for my steak.

I definitely seem to be having issues not eating more than I need to reach satiety. I am hoping that is reduced by only eating animal products again.

• macchiatto
    Options
    SW for keto 11/2: 150.6
    CW: 133.4
    GW: Was 133, at this point I'm thinking 130-131.

Jan 18 summary
    Calories: 38 under for now but wanting a snack, so we'll see. I might see if broth and pickles will tide me over. ;)
    Carbs: under
    Exercise: Did about 35 min on the bike today, 22 of which was HIIT, so yay.

Won't really have time to exercise tomorrow but I'll try to do at least yoga. I really need to do strength again soon now that my back is feeling better.