Redecorating myself

Options
ThinnerHill
ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
So I don't know what has happen to me. I don't know why I started sabotaging myself and when I lost my resolve but I'm not happy. I am with 15 to 20 pounds of my goal so I understand it will get harder to lose and it'll slow down but i got stuck, got mad and sabotaged myself with carbs. I am starting over today right NOW.
NO CHEATING! NO SUGAR! NO Sabotaging myself. I know this weight will come off.
I am recommitted to daily exercise, water, no nuts, no peanut butter, NO EXCUSES!!!!
I can do this, I know I can somewhere deep inside me says I can even if my head is telling me that I can't. I CAN NOT FAIL THIS TIME!!

Replies

• nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hang in. You can do this. I've done the same, lost 70 lbs then got depressed when the scale wouldn't move, instead of focusing on the joy and health I had achieved.

Working on the mental / heart side of my eating, fighting for a long term mindset.

I'm still in weight loss mode, but will be eating some version of this way for the rest of my life.

Time to LIVE!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've "redecorated" myself so many times through the years! This is the first time I know the decorations will stick, for life! Hang in there, it can be done!! Hugs for you too!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That was funny it was supposed to be rededicating.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

LoL - from the title I thought you were buying new clothes! I know how you feel - so angry with myself for losing it over Christmas but still not rededicating as have a friend staying and for some reason drinking way more than usual. January blues? Good luck, you can do it. Someone on these boards has an avatar with a quote that says something like, in x days time you will wish you had started today.
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to 'redecorate' once in awhile. Go back over your own posts, remember why you began, how far you've come. It's actually a good idea to mark on your calendar a reminder to rededicate. Doing it now...

• eatingfatbeingfat
    eatingfatbeingfat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It seems there is a part of you who's emotional needs are not being met. That is the part of you that doesn't want to lose. You might need to have a good talk to yourself, find out what you need. Because are emotions are like Glen Close in Fatal Attraction, they will not be ignored. The more you ignore them, the more they act out to get your attention.

Your motivation and conviction are clear, but until that nagging part of you is addressed, I suspect it will be walking against the wind. I am not shy about admitting that during my weight loss I (like I suspect many do) had to talk with a therapist or coach to work out why I was being my own worst enemy. If it were just calories and thermodynamics, weight loss would not be a struggle. Part of the progress is dealing with yourself without food. But it is certainly achievable for someone with your determination to succeed.