Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 4 (1/22-1/28)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
Welcome to Week 4 of our January Challenge.

The requisite blurb:
Here we are. Another year gone. But a new one is just starting, and in keeping with the tradition of a New Year Resolution, we have a challenge for you aiming at helping you KEEP that resolution this year.

Let us know your resolution, or even just a way you'd like to challenge yourself this month.
You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
The post up in the stickies will contain links to the weekly threads should this one get buried. 2 clicks will get you back to this one without having to search.

This is a fresh new year.
Own it.

We'll be here to cheer you on.

Happy New Year and make that resolution stick.

Keep it rockin', me hearties. :heart:

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @baconslave Thanks for keeping this going!

Happy Friday!

SW: May 2015 184: Jan 1. 150
    CW: 148.5
    GW for January: 5 pounds

Calories Goals: YUP
    Carbs Goals: YUP
    Exercise: Note to self: Just do it.

Hope everyone does ok with the snow coming this weekend in the east.(US)
    Still need to get to the grocery store. I will have to buy the salad at work, which I hate doing because I find I crave a protein. I will pick up a steak for dinner to cheer me up.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    1. Doing better with dairy consumption. I will consume dairy only for one meal a day. Seems to be easier to stick to.
    2. I got out to the gym this morning, as well as Wednesday. Other days I've done a small calisthenics workout at home. I am counting it as a success.
    3. Doing good on not eating out, although the weekend is going to be rough with at least one trip to the restaurant.
  • sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    January 1st2016-SW: 180.5
    Today-CW: 169.5!!!!
    GW: 166 by January 28th.
    Ultimate GW by mid June will be 135lbs.

I'm going by the KetoEvangalist 21day plus 21 days start. So six weeks. He said to have no cheats until at least the end of those two cycles. I have had a glass of red wine occasionally in the past three weeks, but I've kept my carb count under 30g when it does occur. But I've had no cheat meals. Which is profound for me because my cheat meals or days always killed any progress id make that week. But this keto diet has helped so much because I'm not experiencing any blood sugar crashes and not much hunger if at all.

My new goal this next three weeks is to add my 25min interval training kickboxing workout 3X a week. I'm hoping to be 163-160 by Valentine's Day. Then I figure the weigh loss will slow down rapidly around that time. At this point I'm losing a 1/2 pound a day. I know it's the Honeymoon period of keto, so I'm enjoying it as long as possible!
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    SW: 195
    CW: 189.8
    GW: 160-165

Sticking to 20-22 Net Carbs. Going to add in 1-2 running days and 1 class (yoga or Zumba).
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Looks like I missed posting in week 3. Where did the week go?

1. Under 40 carbs a day
    -check.

2. No sugar at all in January
    -check

3. Yoga every day
    -this one I'm putting on hold. I discovered that the yoga was the source of my knee pain, most likely due to improper form. Instead I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge as well as my daily Convict Conditioning exercises. After I reach day 30 I may go back to yoga. I don't know; calisthenics just seems more me, you know?

4. Clean or declutter something every day
    -not so much this week. Dishes and laundry are done, at least.

5. Lose another 40 lbs by July, half by the end of February
    -Not much of a loss this week (0.2 lbs) so I don't know if I'll hit my 20 lbs by the end of Feb, but I did lose an inch off my hips (all those squats maybe?) so I'm counting it as a victory.

Jan SW: 188
    CW: 178.6
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 22

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 217.8
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: nope
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    JAN 22
    Keto SW: 150.6
    CW: 132.4
    GW: 130-132ish

Calories under 1400: Nope. Party tonight. :) Ate somewhat keto-friendly (considering the options before me!) but wasn't weighing everything.
    Carbs: Mmm, probably 40-50 gm.
    Exercise: Nope.
  • reblazed
    Options
    JAN 23

CW: 218.2
    Calories under 1200: yes
  • macchiatto
    Options
    JAN 23
    SW: 153.4; keto SW (11/2): 150.6
    CW: 133.2

Calories under 1400: yes
    Carbs under 30gm net: Nope; 36gm today. So much cake in my life lately.
    Exercise: If bowling counts. ;)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    After flubbing a new diet woe, I gratefully returned to serious keto macros this am. Need to regroup, rethink and tweak the new situation. What a relief to feel no hunger and to know keto is just a decision away. Sometimes having expanded food options is a major trigger for me. Back to the drawing board on that front.
    Have been steady in naturally increasing activity level. Still good in that area. Would be nice to figure out how to slip some flexibility into the mix...
    Making an uncoordinated, but solid attempt at household clutter control.
    Also trying to fit in those hobbies that bring some pleasure into the picture. Feels a little harried, but I'm getting the job done this week. So good overall progress for this week.
    Still feel like I'm missing out on some major personal connections, but I keep getting out there and am trying to take little risks in that area. Just waiting for some sparks. Could really use a good spark right about now. Ready Freddie on that front. Have a great week, pals!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    JAN 24
    SW: 153.4; keto SW (11/2): 150.6
    CW: 134 (TOM)

Calories under 1400: yes
    Carbs under 30gm net: Yep, 18gm net.
    Exercise: Not yet. I need to do YAYOG today. I'm due. It's a DVD and DH is watching the Panthers game though ...
  • reblazed
    Options
    JAN 24

CW: 216.8
    Calories under 1200: yes
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Back at it Monday!

SW: May 2015 184: Jan 1. 150
    CW: 149.5
    GW for January: 5 pounds

Calories Goals: No :(
    Carbs Goals: No :(
    Exercise: Half Arsed weekend.

On the upside, North of Boston did not see any of the snow, so we dodged that bullet. Hope everyone else got there power back and unburied. Downside, the Patriots lost. I also seemed to mindlessly nosh my way though a bag of pistachios then proceeded through some mixed nuts and then a few chips! I haven't eaten those in months, weren't that great and though I finally stopped myself the damage was done. UG! I'm really not feeling that good this morning. So here we go again this week. Today, I'm planning on very low cal and carbs to balance out my totals yesterday, clean out and back into the usual grove again on Tuesday.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Catch-up time!

Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)
    Goal for the end of January: 136 lbs

Friday, Jan 22:
    [√] Write - Wrote a blog post about the decision to commit myself, financially, to my writing
    [–] Hydrate: 47/67 (I feel like this can't be right, but that's what I recorded, so...)
    [–] Step goals: 4,396/5,000
    [√] Activity: Went outside, parked far away.
    [√] Logging: Weight (139.0), Macros C/F/P (2%(13g)/76%/22%)
    [√] Daily NSV: What do I want? STEAK! When do I want it? NOW! I'm tired of eating along with all those veggies I make everyone else. I love that my preferences are for simplicity now. Gimme steak, gimme butter, and get out of my way.

Saturday, Jan 23:
    [–] Write - Nope! Deep Space Nine marathon. :D
    [√] Hydrate: 81/67
    [–] Step goals: 1,930/5,000 (HA! Snow day!!)
    [√] Activity: A lot of standing in the kitchen to cook. Carrying firewood.
    [–] Logging: Didn't Weigh, Macros C/F/P (5%(19g)/70%/25%)
    [√] Daily NSV: I treat myself very well these days, because I love me. <3

Sunday, Jan 24:
    [√] Write - Technically yes, I wrote a budget proposal to a freelance client.
    [–] Hydrate: 47/67
    [–] Step goals: 3,336/5,000 (No idea how I got this high)
    [√] Activity: Carrying firewood. Taking the trash out. Laundry (3 flights of stairs). Outside to breathe.
    [–] Logging: Didn't Weigh, Macros C/F/P (5%(21g)/79%/16%)
    [√] Daily NSV: I look at all the things I have to wash and put away and I realize I've gotten a little vain, and then I realize it's not vanity, it's self-confidence, and my sudden interest in a 'Spring Wardrobe' is because every season I need new clothes to fit my tinier me. There are three pairs of pants, in particular, I can't wait to retire.

Yesterday, because it was a snowy weekend, I decided to add some of the Truvia hot chocolate mix to my coffee in the evening. I drank it down FAST. I really am triggered by sweet things. I don't need that kind of sabotage in my life. Next time I'll just drink my coffee normally (butter) and enjoy it for longer.

I think I am going to try to make an orange brandy chicken liver patê recipe sometime this week. One last effort to eat organ meat, lol. But I want organic livers so that will be the determining factor, because I probably won't have a chance to go out of my way for ingredients.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Starting Weight: 188.7 lbs on 1/17
    Overall Scale Goal: 170-175 lbs (hoping by late Spring)
    Goal for the end of January: 185 lbs

Work 3-5 days a week
    Carbs under 50
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    My weight was stuck. And then I ate a bunch of food yesterday. Still LC but WAY too many cals. Down to 150.6 this AM. :lol:
    It's a low-cal fast day today, and the kids think I'm a chef to be handling food all day apparently. Sigh...

Fri 1/22:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: HIIT :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    No booze!: :+1:
    8/8

Sat 1/23:
    Calories: :+1:
    Exercise: Kettlebells :+1:
    No booze!: :+1:
    8/8

Weight: 152.8
    Sun 1/24:
    Calories: LOLOLOL! Nope.
    Exercise: Cleaned house and photo/videoed kids in the snow. :+1:
    6/7

Week1:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

Week2:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

Week 3:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

• AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    SW: 191 lbs
    CW: 178 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs

This week, well no exercise yet, my exercise time was compromised today for a dr appointment to remove a plantar wart. I had the same appointment last week on Friday but they took so long (over 45 minutes and I hadn't even been seen) I walked out, rather than be late to pick my toddler up from school.
    I don't exercise on the weekends because I have all my kids home and nobody to watch them, and I can't take them with me. So it's usually Monday-Wed-Friday. I'm not sure how I'm going to catch up this week yet.

Went grocery shopping today and realized when I got home, I have 7 lbs of butter in my freezer. I don't think I'm going to need butter for a little while.

No discernable scale move since last week, but I'm gonna keep on keeping on.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy when January is over and I can pretend I didn't set all these goals I don't have time for. Can that be my update for the week? Oh, and I'm back up to 176 pounds, which is higher than my starting weight for the month. Something's off, as I've been staying on plan but suddenly feel bloated and having some digestive problems and stuff. Maybe I need to boot the dairy again? Is it possible I noticed nothing eliminating it but am having trouble with its return to my diet?
  • macchiatto
    Options
    SW: 153.4
    CW: 132.8
    GW: 130ish

Cals: Under
    Carbs: Under
    Exercise: 15-min walk with some sprints, and YAYOG
  • reblazed
    Options