Men's Challenge for July 2012

Options
13»

Replies

• pgmayer
    pgmayer Posts: 53
    Options
    Well...... July is winding down.....just a couple more days. I did not lose what I was hoping to...... but I did lose a few.

Time to finish strong....... and make a plan for August. Thursday is August 1st!!

Stay the course, men.

Phil\352/327/299
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Only a few days left. I'll check in on Wednesday, but I'm starting to think of what I want to accomplish in August.
  • Ragtees
    Ragtees Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Original Goals for July:

SW: 240
    CW: 215
    GW: was 190 thinking 180 may be possible now

Came pretty close even with my travels and eating out alot this month, lost 4 lbs.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Came pretty close even with my travels and eating out alot this month, lost 4 lbs.

Good job! It's hard to keep the diet/exercize routnes going when you are on travel!
  • KevinS62
    Options
    -Log 50 miles of walking, and maybe slip some jogging in
    -Work the upper body, at least 10 sessions with the weights
    -Lose 6 pounds down to 194

The day/month is not over yet, and am planning both an uppe rbody workout and a walk, but here's my stats:

- Logged 20 brisk walks for 85 miles
    -14 upper body workouts
    - Lost 9 pounds, down to 191

Feeling good right now. I did not expect to log as many miles as I did, and I think that had a direct impact on me losing more weight than I thought I could. The weight lifting has been fun and even got my 15 year old doing it with me. Getting him to do anything outside of his computer and video games is motivating me to keep it going.

Here's to August (2013)! :drinker:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

Good job!

I stayed flat on the weight, walked over 105 miles, hit the weights 15 times, and avoided beer all month. Three out of four...
  • advocat86
    advocat86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Happy to find this group!

Here are my goals for July:

1. 350 km (217 miles) by bike
    2. workout 2X per week
    3. drop 2 kg (4.4 lbs)

I hope it goes well:)

1. I biked 532 km (330 miles) in July, way more than I expected:)
    2. I failed miserably, I had only 2 strength workouts in July, I really need to improve in this in August...
    3. I lost exactly 2 kg (4.4 lbs) from 196.5 lbs to 192 lbs

Two out of three, but August will be better:)
  • KevinS62
    Options
    1. I biked 532 km (330 miles) in July, way more than I expected:)
    2. I failed miserably, I had only 2 strength workouts in July, I really need to improve in this in August...
    3. I lost exactly 2 kg (4.4 lbs) from 196.5 lbs to 192 lbs

Two out of three, but August will be better:)

Good job!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Here are my goals for July. I weigh in on Saturdays, so last weigh in for July will be 8/3.
    1. Lose 1 lb a week. Goal weight for 8/3 is 230.
    2. Increase workout from 15 to 30 minutes. Goal of at least 3 workouts a week.

Missed goal weight by a pound.
    Had 14 exercise sessions for the month, hitting the 30 minute mark a few times. Started strength training and I can feel the difference from just cardio.

H - 6'2"
    SW - 245
    CW - 231
    GW - 210
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good month and good progress. Glad to hear the strength training is working for you!