Welcome

Options
Hi, I'm Kathy or fitdress40. Great to have you aboard. I'm about to open my diary to friends so I keep accountable with my food.

Replies

• Futureme2017
    Futureme2017 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome zara
  • chrisdruery
    chrisdruery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this.
    Im ready for you all to kick my butt if you see im eating too much.
  • Futureme2017
    Options
    Haha I'll give you a virtual kick chrisdrurey. As long as you are willing to boot me too.
  • fitness4nat
    fitness4nat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kathy (fitdress40) and friends :) I am looking forward to being part of a great group of ladies who have decided to commit and get back their body. I am sure there will be some challenging days but with like minded people we can do this together. This will be the 4th time I will lose 10kg. I am really hoping this time I learn to keep it off. I have yet to wrap my mind with the low calorie eating plan after dieting with low carb diets. My fear is being hungry! Do any of you have any fears to conquer with this new challenge? No matter what we can conquer our fears and do it. Cheers to achieving your goals :D
  • Futureme2017
    Options
    Hi fitness4nat, the feeling hungry thing is strange. I hate it and my mind will tell me how silly I am "starving" myself. Other days I love the feeling of being in control and the hunger feels quite normal. It feels like I have some control back of my body rather than randomly binging. Hmm It might be a bit deep for first posts but that's generally how I feel. Learning to love the feeling of normal hunger.
  • snpascoe75
    snpascoe75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, and thanks for setting up the group Kathy :) For me, it is giving up alcohol which seems to be the biggest challenge. For instance last week I didn't touch the stuff and was able to keep to my diet and exercise plan, but as soon I weakened on Friday and had a drink, my weekend was a complete blowout. It does my head in! (my hubby enjoys a drink, which makes it difficult!)
  • sharkette44
    sharkette44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, 1 week to go.... How we all feeling?
    My diary is open so feel free to kick me up the backside too if I start slipping!!!
    I'm looking forward to eating normal food and meals! I was previously on an eating plan where I had to eat copious amts of food and I started to resent food. Trying to eat 215g of chicken, 135g spinach, 50g onion and 50g tomato, 80g of Greek yogurt plus 2 wholemeal wraps for breakfast was my idea of hell! Worked wonders for some ppl but that's just way to much food for me and each meal was similar quantities!!! No wonder I didn't lose any weight on it!!! Here's to normal food, smaller quantities and goodbye to my fat!
  • Zara12WBT
    Zara12WBT Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for creating this group Kathy! Like others, I've joined to be accountable for my eating and exercise! I will accept a good kick up the butt if I do step out of line! My weakness is chocolate. I have now been 2 weeks without it and can honestly say I'm not even craving it one bit thankfully. I can't wait for day 1 of the official program! I hope you all do well and get much closer to your goals :) - Zara
  • fitness4nat
    Options
    snpascoe75 wrote: »
    Hi all, and thanks for setting up the group Kathy :) For me, it is giving up alcohol which seems to be the biggest challenge. For instance last week I didn't touch the stuff and was able to keep to my diet and exercise plan, but as soon I weakened on Friday and had a drink, my weekend was a complete blowout. It does my head in! (my hubby enjoys a drink, which makes it difficult!)

SNPASCO75...what alcohol do you drink? I found when I drink wine that if you add soda water to it it helps tremendously help cut down on consumption. My other friends add lots of ice. Whatever you drink try to add more soda water. It is a challenge when your partner is not on the same wave length and they do the things you are not suppose to. You can do it. Remember don't let anyone define the body you want. You want this for you and you are willing to commit to the plan to get the body you want. You can do it :) Be extra good during the week so you can have a few drinks on the weekend and remember if you fall off the path with your eating plan...you just get back on track :) Cheers to achieving your goals.
  • fitness4nat
    Options
    My diary is open so feel free to kick me up the backside too if I start slipping!!!
    I'm looking forward to eating normal food and meals! I was previously on an eating plan where I had to eat copious amts of food and I started to resent food. Trying to eat 215g of chicken, 135g spinach, 50g onion and 50g tomato, 80g of Greek yogurt plus 2 wholemeal wraps for breakfast was my idea of hell! Worked wonders for some ppl but that's just way to much food for me and each meal was similar quantities!!! No wonder I didn't lose any weight on it!!! Here's to normal food, smaller quantities and goodbye to my fat!

Sharkette44...Feeling excited and ready for the challenge :) Cheers to finding your eating plan that suits you and achieving your weightloss goal :)
  • fitness4nat
    Options
    Zara12WBT wrote: »
    Hi all! Thanks for creating this group Kathy! Like others, I've joined to be accountable for my eating and exercise! I will accept a good kick up the butt if I do step out of line! My weakness is chocolate. I have now been 2 weeks without it and can honestly say I'm not even craving it one bit thankfully. I can't wait for day 1 of the official program! I hope you all do well and get much closer to your goals :) - Zara

Zara12wbt....GREAT JOB without chocolate for 2 weeks. You can do it.
  • Futureme2017
    Options

• Futureme2017
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Snpasco75 Argh alcohol, I'd be one skinny woman without alcohol. I'm thinking at this time of year I might work out at night. This means some of my sit relax ( drink) time will be taken up by better more healthy things. I'm thinking 4 glasses of wine a week. My glasses are about 2 standard drinks I think. So realistically that's 8 standard drinks a week
  • Futureme2017
    Options

• Futureme2017
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Zara12wbt I think your chocolate is my wine. It's all sugar I guess. You are doing really well. If you don't obsess about it it's amazing what you can avoid. I guess the great thing with MFP is you can factor small bits in. I'm not a big chocolate but struggle with salty, savoury ie chips and BBQ shapes. The kitchen makeover is helping. If it's not there I can't eat it.
  • Futureme2017
    Options

Sharkette44...Feeling excited and ready for the challenge :) Cheers to finding your eating plan that suits you and achieving your weightloss goal :)

• Futureme2017
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sharkette44 That doesn't sound nice at all. I hate programs that tell you it's all about feeding your body. Sure it's all great if you want to be a body builder but for me food and meals have to taste good and feel good to share with family and friends.
  • Futureme2017
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm replying properly to posts can anyone help
  • fitness4nat
    Options
    Fitdress40, since there is no reply button I assume you press "quote" to the comment you want to reply to and then just type your message. Otherwise just use the person's name with your reply in a new message ...
    like I have done with this reply :)
  • Futureme2017
    Options

Fitdress40 wrote: »
    Haha I'll give you a virtual kick chrisdrurey. As long as you are willing to boot me too.
    Fitdress40, since there is no reply button I assume you press "quote" to the comment you want to reply to and then just type your message. Otherwise just use the person's name with your reply in a new message ...