Weekly Post 24.01. - 31.01.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
One good fast and one on the high end last week. But that's OK as I had an active weekend with less food than normal.

Walked 12000 steps around Zürich yesterday and enjoyed the sun. Today I went for my first run in about 6 weeks. Only 45min and 6k, but it felt good!! Also added 25 squats, 10 push ups and 25 reversed crunches with a leg lift. Scar felt good, so seem I'm back in the game.

A less busy week is coming up, so if the weather allows some running might be in the cards for Tuesday or Thursday afternoon. Will rev up the strength challenge again after my 2 week break, because I really did feel the positive effects on my core strength and it only takes 10-15min.

Next fast day is tomorrow.

Have a great week!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well done Flumi! So glad your scar is healing well and it sounds like you are getting lots of exercise into your weeks!

I've had a better start to this week after my lapse last week!! I'm remembering what worked for me in the early days and that lots of water with fresh lemon juice! Not sure what it does to my system, but it makes me feel great! I've done extra walks (without the dog) and the husband bought a weight bench pully thingy that took two men 4 hours to set up in our garage! It's pretty cool I must admit. Now I'm doing crunches while the dinner is simmering! Even the son wants to get moving on it! So far this week is going to be full of positive reflection and not getting complacent!

<3 Wishing all the best to those of you affected by the snow storm on the east coast of Canada & US!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Congrats on the positive reflection and the weight bench @Mamainthekitchen :) Lots of exercise for the boys to set it up for you too :p

Fast day food is down the hatch. Living on tea and tai chi to bedtime in about 3.5h ;)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Well, that fast didn'tgo according to the plan. :'( I am about 100 cals over. I guess I will just do better on Thursday.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    @KateNkognito that was me last week!!! :s I feel ya! "Just move on & log it" is what I've learned :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Kate - that is still a good fast day in my world :)
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My fast day yesterday didn't go as planned. I was sick, running a fever, but still had to run around doing time-sensitive things, like visiting our tax accountant. Wound up having an 800 calorie day, which isn't terrible given the circumstances.

I feel much better today, and I think the scale is down another pound despite my "bad" fast day, although I'm not going to count that until after my 2nd fast tomorrow.
  • mmovesian
    mmovesian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today is my first fast day! Just started 5:2 this week.

Woke up at 2am with a terrible headache and sinus pain.. still not at 100%. Hopefully the caffeine in my cup of tea helps. Meeting family for lunch and planning on ordering a cup of soup and some crackers to stay within my goal.

I'm looking forward to this lifestyle change and getting to know all of you. :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well...for those who followed my posts the last two weeks...weight wise I'm very happy with January 2016 (from 62-63kg down to 60-61kg). Picked up my exercise a bit too (running and strength).

However after 2 weeks, several dates and a weekend together, I'm still single. I'm good with it. In the end it was a mutual decision. Just too much everyday stuff that didn't fit. He was a nice and sensitive man, just not strong enough for someone like me. I'm not always easy to handle, but not gonna sell myself short either.

It's all good and I have no regrets. Off to Iceland and the polar lights next week. I shall enjoy this trip to the fullest :)

Next fast day tomorrow! Meals planned and prepared :p
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I forgot to check in here last week, as I'm generally not using the whole forum area much, but must make a mental note to check in here as it's always a nice atmosphere.
    So far I haven't got my head together yet for my first fast day yet, but I lost 8lb since 1st Jan, so I'm pleased about that. I also joined a gym which is really nice, I'm using my Fitbit to get my steps in and I've been for a few bike rides, weather permitting.
    I might schedule my first fast day for tomorrow. :smile:
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it didn't work out, Flumi. I don't know you at all, but get a sense that you are a girl with your own mind. Nice and sensitive is fine, but you don't want a doormat. Have fun, enjoy life, and stay open to what might be right around the corner. Who knows...you might meet an Icelandic (is that even an adjective) hunk who needs warming up. I imagine it's quite cold there.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ah @flumi_f only YOU know best!! Congrats for having such a successful weight loss month and also for putting yourself 'out there' !! Who knows what lurks around the next corner ;) aaaand.... Here's a statement I'll never be lucky enough to say...... "Off to Iceland...." !!!!!! <3

I had a really good fast day yesterday and my water with fresh lemon really helped me. Too much tea doesn't agree with me so I limit that even though it's herbal to begin with!

@mmovesian --- hope all is going well with your first day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    I'm sorry it didn't work out, Flumi. I don't know you at all, but get a sense that you are a girl with your own mind. Nice and sensitive is fine, but you don't want a doormat. Have fun, enjoy life, and stay open to what might be right around the corner. Who knows...you might meet an Icelandic (is that even an adjective) hunk who needs warming up. I imagine it's quite cold there.

^^^Oooooh yes! ^^^
    You just never know!
    I'm in total agreement with Flossy!!!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of water with fresh squeezed lemon too. I don't know about any particular benefits other than whatever the juice of half a lemon provides but it really quenches my thirst when I am teaching all morning. The rest of the day it is green or black tea for me and then I eat all my calories at dinner time.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Flumi, sorry it didn't work out. I only met my OH when I was 40, but believe there's someone out there for all of us. Fingers crossed for an Icelandic hunk who needs defrosting. :wink:
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks ladies
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I attempted a FD on Monday, which was met with initial success until around 3 pm (my witching hour). Tuesday (my regular FD) arrived and since I wasn't hungry at all, went ahead and did another FD that was successful. I won't step on the scale until after my FD tomorrow, but I'm feeling like a loss will show up. I've changed my goal weight to one that's lower than my original. Part of me wants to do it to see if a number I haven't seen since, what, junior high?!? will even be possible. And part of me likes the idea of reaching a lower weight to have a little wiggle room for fluctuations. I think my body will eventually let me know where it wants to settle. Here's to finishing off the week strong!!
  • CollieFit
    edited January 2016
    Options
    MFP won't let me close my diary for today because it only contains 500 cals. It wants to force me to make more entries.... What the hell?? Is this a new thing??? :s
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I add quick add cals, complete diary and yen delete the quick added cals from my diary. They haven't caught on to my work around yet :p
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Oooohhh.... this is insanely patronising of MFP. Not every person logging 500 cals is anorexic. Grrrrr.... >:)
    Cheers for your 'work around'. What happens if I just don't close the diary?
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Beaten to it by @flumi_f that is what I do as well