What are you training for?

Options
Hi friends,

What is everyone training for?!?

I'm training for the Indy Mini on May 7th!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Half marathon on 8th may
  • yoplait311
    yoplait311 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sub 1:28 half in April. And BQ at a full in May. Eeek! Excited :)
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    HM march and full in September... scarey!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    RnR New Orleans Marathon on 2/28 (too soon!).
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Well I was training for my first marathon in March. I've now got a physio appointment on Friday to look at what could be one of a number of issues with my right calf.

I've then got a trail 10K, a night trail 10K and a trail half in May, trail marathon in June, trail 10k and trail half in September, trail marathon in October and a trail half in December.

Subject to the physio assessment I could downgrade my marathon in March to a half or potentially defer to July, September or December.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Well let's see... I have a 10k in March and one in April, I have a HM in April, and a 10 miler in May. Then I'm focusing on a full marathon in November.

Other than that, nothing much. :D
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    While I expect to run a 5 mile race on March 12 and a 15K on March 26, I'm really training for the Boston Marathon on April 18.

@yoplait311 - A BQ in May is a fine thing. I did that in 2015, and it committed me to a lot of miles running along about now.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Hi friends,

What is everyone training for?!?

I'm training for the Indy Mini on May 7th!

My husband is thinking about running this race and I will do it with him if he does. It will be his first HM. Most of the races I have scoped out for the beginning of this year are for other people. Right now I am in training limbo and it's kind of driving me crazy. I need to come up with a racing plan. Trying to keep it low key because my main objective is to remain uninjured until the end of the year when I start training for Boston in 2017. Any thoughts on how to get through the next 10 months with minimal risk of injury, yet still maintaining a strong base and my sanity are much appreciated!

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am training for a leg of a relay race in May. We pick our legs next Monday, some are quite challenging and you have a time limit (about a 9:30 per mile) to finish. My goal is to make the time cut off. Legs vary from 12-20 k.

My other big goal race is Challenge St Andrews, half Ironman distance.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yoplait311 wrote: »
    Sub 1:28 half in April. And BQ at a full in May. Eeek! Excited :)

I you are shooting for a sub 1:28 half, you are looking at something close to a BQ - 30:00 :open_mouth:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My marathon A race is in May. I set an 11 minute marathon PR this past month for my second marathon, and felt strong all the way to the end with a 3 minute negative split, so I'm trying to figure out where I want to go with this coming one. I'm looking to fit in a half marathon sometime soon to give me a better idea on a goal for this marathon.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Training for RnR Dallas on March 20th, but I'll be running the Leprechaun Chase 10k in Omaha, NE on March 5th first.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm training for my first marathon, the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon (paved) on May 14th, just 5 days after my 1 year anniversary of taking up this sport/hobby/addiction. I have a goal of breaking 4:00 and a stretch goal of 3:45. 4:00 shouldn't be a problem.

Four weeks prior to that I'm doing the Trail Mix 25K and will treat that as a training run while getting some experience in trail racing.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    NOLA RnR half on the 28th,
    A sub 18:00 3 mile test in March
    Pensacola Tough Mudder Apr 9
    Hopefully a Spartan trifecta this summer
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Half marathon on April 24 and a half on may 1.
  • Gouldy_locks
    Gouldy_locks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie.... There is a lot of badassness going on here!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 50 milers planned in 2016 (June, Aug and Sept).
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    aarar wrote: »
    I've got 3 50 milers planned in 2016 (June, Aug and Sept).

I plan to run 50 miles in June, August, and September.*

* Not all on the same day. :wink:
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Full in March and 50K in April.