What are you training for?

Options

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    So far I'm signed up for a 10k and a half in March, Ragnar PA in June, and Wine Glass Marathon in September. I'll be adding another half in May (Pittsburgh) and maybe one more HM in April. Then I'll focus on getting faster for the Harrisburg Mile before I start training for Wine Glass. I'll probably do another race or 2 at the end of the year since my marathon is so early.

Now if the stupid snow would melt I could train better. Of course that would require the temperature to get above freezing which hasn't happened in 10 days....

Dewd2 - which March half are you doing?

It is called "Roger Snyder Memorial". It is in the land the time forgot in Pennsylvania. A distant cousin has a bed and breakfast near by and I always go there to run the race and see him.
  • george_essel
    george_essel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Had to opt out of San Diego 50 mile this Saturday due to health issues over the last few months - next event is the Pacific Coast Trail 50 mile in May. Once I complete that, it is time to bump up to the 100k circuit - only 12 more miles, right?
  • george_essel
    george_essel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 - I recommend adding a stair climber to your routine. I've found that running up steep inclines during trail runs I am often doing more of a step up on the ball of my foot than a rolling run motion.

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Had to opt out of San Diego 50 mile this Saturday due to health issues over the last few months - next event is the Pacific Coast Trail 50 mile in May. Once I complete that, it is time to bump up to the 100k circuit - only 12 more miles, right?

That's the spirit, only 12 more miles! Sorry you having to DNS your 50 mile. Here's hoping next time around your health is on point.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    So far training right now for 30k Around the Bay on March 25th. It will be my first race longer than 11k so I am just aiming to finish, lol.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    AlethaMary wrote: »
    So far training right now for 30k Around the Bay on March 25th. It will be my first race longer than 11k so I am just aiming to finish, lol.

Awesome. You got this.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Next race is a Marathon next weekend in Mississippi. But i'm really training for my first IronMan.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Just completed Disney Dopey! Now for Hot Chocolate 15k!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Superior is now on the Calendar. That one's not until September though, so I guess I'll be pretty much training non-stop until then.
  • Wen2Run
    Wen2Run Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of multiday ultras at the end of the year that I'm hoping to be ready for. But I ended last year with a number of injuries, so probably not looking to run anything other than training until these.

6/7 October - Saltmarsh 75 - 37.5 miles each day
    13/14 October - Pony Express 60 miler - 30 miles each day
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 2 spring half marathons this year: Indy Mini on 5/5 and Niagara Falls Women's Half on 6/3. I will start building mileage at the end of February.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Wen2Run wrote: »
    I have a couple of multiday ultras at the end of the year that I'm hoping to be ready for. But I ended last year with a number of injuries, so probably not looking to run anything other than training until these.

I've heard good things about the Pony Express
  • Wen2Run
    Options

I've heard good things about the Pony Express

I have run it 3 times now. Really well organized, amazing people and a great route. Has the advantage that it's just down the road from me. I love the New Forest.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

Awesome.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I've just registered for the California Classic in April. It will be my fifth half marathon. I'm hoping to finish under 2:15.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    @apullum that looks like a great race to do.

My race calendar is filling up nicely. I challenged myself to run at least one race a month this year. I did the same last year and it was great fun because it meant I always had something to look forward to and train for.

January's race is already in the bag - Dreamfar 10k, Sharon, MA

February - Cupid's Chase 5k, Wakefield, MA
    March - Shamrock Shuffle 5k, Medway, MA
    May - Strivers Mothers' Day 5k, Natick, MA
    May - Martha's Vineyard Half Marathon, Oak Bluffs, MA (aiming for under 2:10)
  • Wen2Run
    Options

My race calendar is filling up nicely. I challenged myself to run at least one race a month this year. I did the same last year and it was great fun because it meant I always had something to look forward to and train for.

Do you get to drink any wine in the half?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Do you get to drink any wine in the half?

LOL, I wish. But seeing as it's my wedding anniversary that day, I'm sure I will be drinking plenty of wine in the evening.
  • RunningMaven57
    RunningMaven57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Grandma’s Marathon, Jun 26; Lake Superior Moose Mountain Marathon, Sep 7; and the Twin Cities Marathon Loony Challenge (10k, 5k, 10 miler), Oct 4-5. Grandma’s will be number 5!