What are you training for?

Options

Replies

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I plan to run my first HM on my 50th b'day on 11/4/17!!!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Got 8 weeks until my 60 miler. Holy crap, that came around quickly. I really need to get in some long runs. Haven't done anything over 12 miles since March!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    Got 8 weeks until my 60 miler. Holy crap, that came around quickly. I really need to get in some long runs. Haven't done anything over 12 miles since March!

yikes! Good luck! trail or road?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    First HM October 29th, just started training last week.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »

yikes! Good luck! trail or road?

It's the Thames Path challenge, so a mix of both. Mostly gravel paths though.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    First marathon on Sept 17; feeling nervous

Fifth marathon start on September 17, hopefully also fourth marathon finish. So, far, so good; last week was the first of 3 peak mileage weeks in my plan, and I'm feeling pretty healthy.
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    San Francisco marathon, next summer! My fiancee and I are getting married July 2018 and that will be one of our honeymoon adventures! Does anyone have any training tips or personal experience stories from that run? We just started a running Instagram page to keep us inspired, accountable and a learning tool for other runners that are trying to train as well towards a health or fitness goal! Since we have started running and gained inspiration from the myfitnesspal community, we have lost over 175 pounds from healthy eating and running! It's been so amazing to see what this community has to offer and how much it has helped us reach our goals and what we have accomplished since we have started. Check it out and show us your support @butteroadrunners on Instagram :)
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    San Francisco marathon, next summer! My fiancee and I are getting married July 2018 and that will be one of our honeymoon adventures! Does anyone have any training tips or personal experience stories from that run? We just started a running Instagram page to keep us inspired, accountable and a learning tool for other runners that are trying to train as well towards a health or fitness goal! Since we have started running and gained inspiration from the myfitnesspal community, we have lost over 175 pounds from healthy eating and running! It's been so amazing to see what this community has to offer and how much it has helped us reach our goals and what we have accomplished since we have started. Check it out and show us your support @butteroadrunners on Instagram :)

Wow awesome story!! Good luck on your training, I will definitely follow you in IG. Ps I'm from Bozeman!
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Wow awesome story!! Good luck on your training, I will definitely follow you in IG. Ps I'm from Bozeman!

I will be doing the Bozeman half this September actually! I have a few other runs lined up for there as well before then. What a small world!!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    @jurapak9960 Very cool! It really is a small world, I have seen only two other Montanans on here so far, feel free to add me if you want!
  • jppage67
    jppage67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just started Week 8 of training for the Detroit Marathon on October 15. I just fit a 5k and half marathon into the plan and set a new PR for both, so it seems the training is going pretty well.
  • tomaattikastike
    tomaattikastike Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I signed up for the 2018 Paris Marathon (April 8) today. My plan is to build my we until the end of the year, and then begin a 16-18 week training plan. I'll probably also try to run 2-3 shorter races until then, but without specific speed training or tapering. I'm hoping for < 2:50, but mostly for an injury-free build-up and race.
  • jppage67
    jppage67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    I really plan on this being my one and only full ..... lol

The one I did last spring was going to be my one and only too. Then I did another last fall and my third about two weeks ago...now I'm looking for another one to sign up for next year.

Good luck with the training and the race.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I did my first Half earlier this month in 2:09. Found a 20-miler and signed up for it next month. It's in Clarksburg just south of Sacremento. Barring injury i figure I should be able to cruise in under 4 hours. My goal when trying a new distance is simply to have fun and finish injury free with a snile on my face.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Still recovering from my last race, but that's part of training. Next race will be the Zumbro Endurance Race on Friday April, 13th