About to start again. Anyone want to join me?

13»

Replies

• hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Hi I just came across this group! :)

I am doing this along with Jillian Michaels body revolution. The weather is just starting to warm up. I will finish week 3 today. I was never a runner. I was a sprinter in middle school but have never been a distance runner. ever. My lungs and calves don't like it. But I turn 40 in July and it is a goal of mine to run a 5K this year!! :)
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    Did W6R2 again tonight and completed it without to much trouble this time. Amazing how much your mind set can effect your success.

I get this!!! I am soooo afraid to not finish a run, b/c I give up so easily and don't want any doubt to spread. Way to keep at it!!
  • famousmel
    Sooo this should be obvious, but I SLAYED my run yesterday and I think it was because I ate most of my calories at lunchtime (I run in the afternoon). I tend to 'hoard' my calories for night, but will be switching things up at least on my training days!! Let's go Week 6!!
  • famousmel
    Anybody still out there? Did my first 20 minute run outside Monday and was kind of meh about it. Not sure what that is about. I just realized pretty much EVERY time I run for C25K it's pushing me harder than ever before. Needed to recognize that earlier...
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited April 2016
    Great job, keep running!
    ps. Are you eating enough carbs before your run?
    pps. Daily check-in topic is more active :)
  • famousmel
    I should have said I emotionally felt meh about it. For me running is 50% lungs, 40% mental and 10% legs. I am starting to watch my macros a little closer. And thanks for the tip on daily check in!!