Like Minded Lushes - February 2016

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I hope the weigh in went well Gary.

Ladies I agree on the wine. Can't not drink it. Here's to an awesome Friday. :drinker: I am ready for the Super Bowl since I am such a Broncos fan. I will be eating crap and enjoying beverages.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Speaking of wine..... Eric met a buddy for beers after work so I had stopped for wine. I had a cocktail before then a couple glasses, but ended up giving my last 1/2ish to Eric. I was just sort of done. Weird.... I tired a new recipe: eggplant rollatini. It uses thinly sliced eggplant in place of noodles. I stuffed it with ricotta, ground chicken, spinach, parm, and some seasoning. It was yummy.

I lost 1.5 pounds this week. Could be slightly dehydrated, but I'll take it! I have not seen 130 since July of 2013. Wow. I have not lost the last 2 weeks so maybe my body decided to catch up. I hope it sticks. I sort of have new motivation. Maybe it will help me drink less next week......
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Good luck to your Broncos, Robin. I'll be pulling for them.
    Congrats on the loss Ashley!
    After all my hard work this week...I got nuthin to report. :/ I'm not sure what else to do so while I'm very frustrated...I'm just going to keep at it and hope that it catches up to me at some point. I'm logging everything, exercising hard 5-6 days/week and even though I'm indulging in wine...it's well within my calories. I am going to up my water intake. That's definitely one area I know I can improve upon.
    TGIF lushes!! Plan on enjoying it with some grilling and movies, tv shows and the super bowl. It's going to be in the 80's here but the husboy is sick, so it will be a stick around the house kind of weekend. :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Down 1.5 lbs. Am happy about that but know it will only take a couple days of being off the plan to put it all back on. Gotta stay focused.

Hang in there Sydney- drinking more water sounds like a good plan. I am rooting for ya!

Ashley- that sounds yummy!

And yeah, Go Broncos!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yay Gary! Woohoo!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes, I was plodding on eating pretty well and only drinking at weekends (usually a bottle of wine over 1 or 2 nights). I drank a bit more last week as I had to buy Guiness to make a beef and ale stew and it was a 4 pack and I only needed 1 bottle for the stew....shame.
    Made a snap decision last weekend to start on a 5/2 type diet as the 'squidge' is refusing to shift at the moment. I'm sure I managed to lose weight before when eating sensibly and drinking in moderation but anyway. I survived my week with 2 'fast' (600 calorie) days. Wasn't too bad actually. Tonight I think I'm going for it with a bottle of wine which may well undo all the good but there we go.
    Happy Friday lushes X
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Friday night - margarita at dinner, bottle of wine at home
    Saturday - 2 cocktails, 3 ciders
    Sunday - 1.5 beers, 2 small glasses of wine

So while I drank every day but Monday last week, I didn't drink super large quantities, so that's a start. I am planning on 0's till Thursday. Weather is cold and snowing now, so the warm weather sitting outside excuse of last week is not valid this week.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Broncos Rule! Good weekend. I didn't over do on eating crap or drinking so it was all good.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I need to dry out. Going for 0's this week altho the temperature is in the 80's which makes me want to celebrate with cocktails!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    I am with Sydney- plan on drying out this week!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'm so far behind on this thread :( Congrats to your Broncos, Robin....even though I do not like them at all. I wish my Chiefs would make it to the Super Bowl one of these years...I'll keep dreaming! If the Royals can make it to the World Series anything is possible!

I'm trying to dry out a little bit. Going for 0's all week & only drinking on Friday nights...let's see how long I can keep this up. On the other hand...I have a bachelorette party trip I'm going on in March to Panama City Beach, FL. I really need to build up my tolerance because I cannot hang like I used to!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi Bridget!
    Monday-0
    I'm fighting the funk the husband brought home from Park City. Not feeling great which means I don't want to drink but I'm not exercising either. Will try to at least walk today. Temps in the mid 80s.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - probably a 0 but our hairdresser is coming over to pick up a composter, so maybe a drink with him.....
    Thursday - happy hour at work then Grey's watching
    Friday - <5
    Saturday - <5
    Sunday - 0

Let's see if I can stick to my plan.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!!
    The last 5 weeks have been super productive, crazy busy weeks!! We are all settled into the condo...ehh well for the most part! I didn't get the job I went on the meet and greet with last week, they chose the other candidate :grumble:, while it is disappointing to be passed over, I still have so many opportunities out there and like I said before, I am not in a huge rush to get back to work, anyway!! I have told Lenny for years what a great housewife I'd make and now I get to prove my point :laugh:.
    I am still lushing away and I don't see an end, anytime soon!!! Lenny's parents, sister, BIL, Aunt and two uncles are coming to Maui for two weeks, today! I AM SO EXCITED!!! I get to "vacation" with them! Wish they were staying closer, they are in Ka'anapali, about 40-45mins away. So if I go to visit for the day I will need to take it easy with the drinks OR take the bus home. We do have some things going on in Kihei, so we will be able to talk them into coming down here a few times!!!
    Have a great week...off to run some errands!!!
    xo
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday - bottle of white
    Tuesday - bottle of red
    Wednesday- ????
    I found out yesterday that we have to buy a new furnace. It will be installed on the 20th. I hope it doesn't get too cold until then.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Zero last night!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ugh Robin...not fun!! We keep wondering when ours is going to go...it's 20+years old.
    Monday -0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday -0
    Still not feeling great but better enough to head to the beach with the son. Still gorgeous 80 degree weather here. Going to stick to the no alcohol for a while, I think.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday a bottle of bud :smiley: first time I've had one in years.
    Yesterday was a 600 calorie day and so is tomorrow so I figured I'd squeeze a cheeky beer in between.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1 beer
    Wednesday - 3 ciders

Not 0's but not too bad. And I lost another pound! I think we still have work happy hour and not sure about Grey's watching. If both happen, I'd still like to keep my drinks limited.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Wednesday - bottle of red. I have been on a wine kick lately. I think I will attempt dreadmilling tonight. It's been a while but I need to get back on that dang thing.