Like Minded Lushes - February 2016

Options

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Tue, Wed zero. Doubt I will get in another one tonight but hope to keep it w/in calorie goals.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -0
    Wednesday -0
    Thursday -0
    I'm pretty proud of myself for not drinking at the beach. It was gorgeous, we sat on the patio and a glass of wine or a beer would have been nice! But I stuck with club soda and still enjoyed myself.
    Our 29th anniversary is Sunday but we're celebrating on Saturday so I'd like to stick to 0's until then. Still not exercising like I should be. Feeling better enough to get some in today
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the zeros Gary and Sydney....I am super impressed!!!! Still holding the torch here! Lenny got out of work super early, so we went up to see the in laws for happy hour. It was so nice to see everyone and another aunt and uncle surprised everyone and came to Maui too. Yesterdays tally was 1/2 a rum cocktail roadie, margarita and 2 mai tais and then a smallish glass of wine when we got back.
    Think ill go for a nice long walk to day and then see where the day takes me.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Thursday 0
    Friday will definitely involve alcohol.
    Kate, sounds like you're having a lovely time, I could do with a walk along the beach
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1
    Wednesday - 3
    Thursday - 2 glasses of wine and a cocktail at happy hour, 2 glasses of wine at home.

I may not drink tonight since last night was a heavier drinking night..... We'll see.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! :drinker:
    0's all week. Still no change at the scale. I'm going to moderate this weekend despite it being our anniversary and Valentines. Feeling better so hope to get in some good exercise as well. :heart:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Whoop it's Friday and it's beer o'clock. I've been good all week with food and drink and I feel like I'm starting to slim down ( ribs are definitely less hidden, just a shame I lose weight from the top down so it'll be a while before my butt starts to go!) surely a few beers can't undo all my good efforts this week.... Here's hoping.
    Have a great weekend all B)
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Eek 579 calories in alcohol yesterday. Stayed within my daily calories though thanks to a gym session.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    At some point I'm going to have to learn how not to erase all my hard work during the week by totally going crazy over the weekend. It was a fun anniversary/Valentines celebration though. Lots of food and booze.
    Back to it this week.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 drinks
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Friday was not moderation. Our buddy came over with Patron, so tequila shots were had. I had 4. And 2 glasses of wine. And I think 2 ciders, but maybe just 1.

Saturday another friend came over (it was sort of bachelor weekend at our house....) at 10:30am with a 6 pack. I didn't crack my first beer till close to 1, then had 2 pints at a late lunch, then had another cider, then a little wine. I spread it out over the whole day and fell asleep early so felt fine Sunday.

Sunday we split a bottle of wine for our VDay dinner and then I had half a cocktail before I fell asleep. We had bacon wrapped filets, grilled shrimp, scalloped potatoes and split a 72% dark chocolate bar. We didn't eat till after 9, but it was nice. We need to cook in more. So much cheaper!

Monday was a 0. I'm planning on Tuesday being a 0 also. Maybe Wednesday but our buddy may come back over to help us with some wiring so we can switch our rooms. We've been trying for a month and with all the wiring, sound system, etc. it's a real PITA. Thursday I'm supposed to watch Grey's. We have 3 left from last season and the new season started last week. Oops.

Have a great week lushes!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Mon, Tues zero. Need two more this week. Have a bit of a chest cold, so it should be easy!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    zero last night because I spent the whole day with cold sweats. I am tired of it. I am only working a half day today so I can go home and rest some more. On Monday Doug and I played hooky and went and bought a 75 inch tv and an new living room set. Hopefully it will be all set up and delivered before Holly's visit next week. at least she will have a place to sit. I started feeling bad by the time we were done shopping and I was in bed by 4:30 until 4:00 the next morning. went to work for half a day and then went home and slept. A zero should be easy today as well.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Boo to not feeling well! There's a lot of ucky stuff going around out there. Feel better!
    Finally took my 1st swim since injuring the shoulder. It'll be a year in April so I was pretty excited to get in the water. I'm not going to win any speed records and I was a little unsure and sore but overall the outing was a success. We have more 80 degree temps next week so I'm planning to get back on the pool again very soon!
    0's here. My goal is continuing moderation through the weekend.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Gary/Robin hope you feel better soon!!!
    Nice work with the swimming Syd, that's awesome news!!!

Spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the family! It was incredibly lushes and ouch did it cost a lot of money!!! We are probably heading back up Friday for the weekend. They will probably come down here one day too.
    Tuesday-2 rum cocktails and a glass of wine
    Wednesday-more of the same.....actually just got back from a 5 mile walk and I'm ready for a breakfast vodka and POG...nothing wrong with that right?? It'll help with my chores, right??!!!! :wink:

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - went our for pizza; split a bottle of wine.
    Wednesday - had our buddy over; 3 glasses of wine and a cider.

While I have not had many 0's, I feel good about my moderation. I stopped drinking Tuesday and Wednesday before bedtime. I almost got another cider to watch OITNB last night around 10pm but ate a popsicle instead. I do want to shoot for a 0 tonight, but I have a hearing that is going to be stressful in a couple hours and that usually drives me to drink. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I had wine last night. I've really been focusing on my diet and the scale seems to be showing progress. Let's see if I can manage to not erase that progress this weekend.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Wow, been too long. Go Broncos:)
    I had my 1976-themed 40th bday party and that was fun.
    Last weekend we were in San Francisco, I got a job a there and we will be relocating there (not sure when because its another federal job and have to get a security clearance then it's official and I give notice). which is huge because we have lived in Denver forever, basically.
    I have been drinking a little or a lot most days! I opened a bottle of wine last night so will probably have to finish that tonight...
    Took the car in (2009 Ford Escape) for an oil change and turns out it needs a transmission overhaul, so that sucks, because I was going to sell, so now I have to fix and sell it to pay for the repairs!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Mon 0
    Tues 0
    Wed 0
    Thurs all you can eat Chinese meal and 4 beers

I have a week off work so will undoubtedly drink more alcohol. I need some time to de-stress and a few drinks here and there won't hurt. Off to the gym soon, need to make some effort to offset the impressive amount of food I ate yesterday.

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 2
    Wed - 4
    Thurs - got done early with my hearing (both cases approved YAY!) so went home and had a celebratory cider while I fired up the smoker. I smoked tofu which seemed somehow sacrilegious to the big bad smoker, but it was good. Then we FINALLY moved our furniture and had another beer doing that. Then the neighbors came over and her and I split a bottle of wine and then split 2 ciders. So 2 glasses of wine and 3 ciders over about 8 hours. I'm just sleepy today. I still call that moderation I guess.....

Tonight I'm going to get a bottle of rose' and try to make that it.

Have a good weekend lushes!