Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! That's awesome!
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    *sigh* just heard back from the job place and they were swamped today so they still don't have an answer. "crossing fingers for next week" she said. *sigh* I'm still hopeful though.

My sisters are visiting tomorrow and we're going to eat ALL THE CRAB. Very excited. Also very excited to get 10 pounds of crab out of my freezer :p We won't eat all of it, but we can eat a lot of crab, and then I love leftovers, so win win all around.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!!
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm crab sounds good
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Yummmmm crab sounds good

I could eat crab every day and never get tired of it. You can tell I'm not a "real Marylander" because I prefer snow crab legs over MD crab. Since I was born outside of Philly that's really not a big surprise though. I love the looks of surprise and disappointment when I tell coworkers "I'm going to eat 3 pounds of snow crab legs this weekend!" I say piffle to their faces - I love what I love. Anyway - shopping first today followed by Crab. Woo!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect day for me!!
  • quzzdragon
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I went way over my calories for today but I don't care. I had a great day.

First my one sister and I went shopping. I got two knew pairs of spring shoes cute star wars swim trunks for the hubby. Then we came home, vegged, and watched the Flash. She hasn't seen it all and I want her to catch up before the next season comes out on Netflix.. Then my other sister came over and we ate a ton of crab. Less than expected actually, only 7 or so pounds between 3 of us, and I avoided the butter, so I really don't feel bad about it. Also, crab is SO TASTY!!!!

The 2 parts where I struggled were breakfast (my sister treated me to Einsteins - I have a weakness for bagels) and when I got the job offer I've been waiting for and we had a few rounds of celebratory drinks. :) But I GOT THE JOB!!!! Turning in my resignation letter on Monday (which I'm nervous about - I know that's weird but I just hate turning in a resignation letter to good folks), and then I start in 2 weeks!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. I'm super excited about the new position. It has the same pay as my current position, but it also provides vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401k, and involves working a front desk which means people - all of which my current job does not offer. Most people hate working with people, but my current job I really only talk to about 2 people all day and I'm a SUPER-extrovert. I NEED people. So... I'm really excited. The young woman I interviewed with said, "This would be your office - we would all just happen to work here." How appealing does that sound!?!?!!? Anyway, super excited.

Hope everyone had a great night. Once I turn in my resignation and start the new position I'll finally be stress free and excited for new adventures.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Yeah!!! So glad you got the job you wanted. Less stress will help with your weight loss journey. Mmmm....trying to taste that crab you ate, hope it was tastey.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new job! And really, seafood with no butter... I can't imagine feeling bad about that! Glad you celebrated and enjoyed it.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Impressive work.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You've all been so encouraging. It means a lot to me!
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Got my official offer letter and turned in my resignation letter today. My boss was sad but understanding and it sounds like he's going to try to put together a counter offer. I've never received a counter offer before... it's weird. I thought that only happened in the movies. :) Start the new job on the 21st. Otherwise pretty quiet here. Still struggling to keep to my calorie goals, but still fairly close so I'm not worried. I'm also not tracking the half our walk I take at lunch every day or the 45 minute walk I've been taking with my hubs now that it's finally nice out. Factoring those in... it'll balance out.

New shoes I got with my sister over the weekend are SUPER comfy but have a bit of flip-flop squeak - you know, the one near the ball of the foot. Any suggestions? I was thinking about taking my shoe inserts and cutting a thong slit in them so they'd work with flip-flop-style sandals, but if anyone has other suggestions I'd love to hear them!
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wow so many wins for you at the moment. Great weight loss, New job (Massive congratulations btw) and who can go past YUMMY CRAB!!!! Everything sounds brilliant and your hubby is so lucky to have Star wars swimmers. I'm really happy for you hon and hope it all continues for you well into the future
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Thanks! Trying to get everything wrapped up here at work but my boss hasn't found someone to take over my duties yet. So I'm just trying to write everything down as best I can and I'll leave them my email and phone number. Hopefully he'll find someone to shadow me at least a little bit soon.

Hubby's job is in flux at the moment. He works as a contract IT guy and the contract is getting renegotiated, so that might mean a 5-10% pay cut. Not life threatening for us (we don't live at the ends of our means) but still frustrating. Ironically, his contract will officially be determined the same day I leave my job and switch to the new. Lots of changes happening in a short time. Should settle down in about a week and half. Hopefully he'll either get to keep his current position and salary, or he'll call other contacts looking for a new position.

Next step after he finds something permanent is looking for a house! I used to work in real estate so I've been watching the market, peeking at houses in different areas, looking at schools, etc. I cannot wait! Just need to wait for stability of a full time job for both of us and then BAM.

Going to see my one friend this weekend - her baby is due in June. I haven't seen her since she got pregnant, so I'm really looking forward to it. I asked if we could bring her lunch (she's been on bed rest for a little while and even though she's off it she's still supposed to take it easy) and she said "Bring me a hot sub and I will love you forever! I'm craving them so badly right now!!!" Definitely not the craziest pregnancy craving I've ever heard of.

Hope everyone enjoys this BEAUTIFUL Wednesday!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Wow you really are going through a lot. Your positive attitude is inspiring. Looking at houses are fun. We finally had one built, would I do it again probably not.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    My in-laws actually built their own house - I wouldn't do it! I'm hoping that if we buy a fixer-upper that we can use their skills, though :p
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Did you ever have one of those days when you wake up and feel great? Those days when you get enough sleep, you're just the right temperature when you wake up, and you feel rejuvenated? One of those days when there was a lovely warm spring rain overnight and the morning smells fantastic, but the afternoon is supposed to be sunny and gorgeous? One of those days when it's Friday and you've got a relaxing, happy weekend ahead of you? One of those days when your clothes look just right and hide the little muffin-top that's way smaller than it used to be? One of those days when you can't help but smile at every little thing that's beautiful, or right, or just because?

Maybe it's just because it's my last Friday at this job. Maybe it's because I'm not training my replacement today (I did a lot yesterday and it was exhausting - she'll be back next week for the end of training). I don't know what it is, but...

Today. Is. Awesome.

Hope it remains so, and that everyone else has a fantastic Friday too!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    So glad you enjoyed today. We all need days like that.
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I love awesome days where everything falls into place and things are just wonderful. You cherish them when they happen. I hope things sort out for your hubby's job soon and you two can go buy yourselves a little love nest. Such exciting times.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Been a few days - how's it going?

End of my work week is Thursday, then I get Friday off before starting the new job next week. I'm so excited! I missed wishing you all happy Pi Day yesterday! 3.14.16 (rounded - like pie) - hope you all had a delicious slice of pie. I made "pie cookies" and brought them into work. Raspberry and Sour Cherry - they were a big hit :)

My mom's birthday is today - happy birthday mom! Taking her out to dinner tonight which should be super tasty. Meeting with my one sister, grandfather, and aunt and uncle. Big 'ol party on the Ides of March for my wonderful mom. <3

Haven't weighed myself in a few days but I'm feeling good. I've been over calories a few days in a row, but still under maintenance, and more importantly I feel good. Wearing a cute spring dress to celebrate and for the celebration tonight. I think I'll start weighing myself once a week to keep it regular. Just got to pick a day and stick with it. We're away most weekends, so it should probably be during the week.

This weekend is the exception, we're home and having friends over for a Marvel Movie Marathon! Du Du Duuuuuuun! Making chicken wings and my pork stew, and I know that my friend is bringing buffalo chicken dip, and we'll probably order pizza - so maybe I should weigh before the weekend ;). Yeah... I'm eating really healthily this weekend :p oh well. My rule is moderation, not cutting certain foods out. Plus, I've found now that I'm regularly eating closer to 1200 calories, rather than the 2,000+ I think I was eating before, I'm not as hungry during the day.

Anyway, happy Tuesday everyone!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Glad you are starting new job. You sound so happy in your last post.