Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    5.3 as of yesterday morning, found out today! :happydance:
    Wow!!! That is truly awesome!!!
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I got my A1c back today and drumroll please.... its 5.4. I am over the moon! All my hard work is paying off finally. (started at 8.7 in July) I really needed this too because I've been sick and using that as an excuse to eat what I want. Between getting to go off my water pill for high blood pressure (yay) and eating out too much I'm up significantly. But it's ok. I know that I get results if I follow my plans.

congrats
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    wdnisbet wrote: »
    Yay. 6.4 today. I was ar over 12 last Fall, so this is just amazing. Thank God.

That is just wonderful!! Keep up the good work.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!!! That is a big drop!!! Keep it up...you can do it!!

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

Truly inspiring! You are making it work!
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mine has dropped to 5.6 . The Dr. Wants me to stop Metformin , but I don't dare. I cut it from 2000 to 1500 and my fasting BG jumped 20 points overnight. Ugh!
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Jan93L wrote: »
    Mine has dropped to 5.6 . The Dr. Wants me to stop Metformin , but I don't dare. I cut it from 2000 to 1500 and my fasting BG jumped 20 points overnight. Ugh!

It's scary to go off meds, especially when you are getting such good results. Congrats on all your hard work!
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    Great work!!! I understand your fear of going off it. I was taken off end of April. I find I need to be hyper vigilant. All my best wishes...means you have great control!!!!!
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks , I'm struggling with feeling bone chilling cold. Probably electrolytes. Having a cup of hot bullion to see if that helps.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    I'm freaking out! My A1c on Tuesday was 4.5% What! I didn't even know that was possible. Interested to see what my endo wants to do on Monday!
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    I'm freaking out! My A1c on Tuesday was 4.5% What! I didn't even know that was possible. Interested to see what my endo wants to do on Monday!
    WOW!!!!!!!!! Fantastic work!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Wow, Inthink that's great. Maybe he/she will reduce your med
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    A H1C of 4 to 5.6% is normal range for non diabetics.
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. What was it last check? They may want a recheck to verify.
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    JaneKnoll1 wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm new to this group. I'm 'pre-diabetic' A1C 5.8 and I don't want it to get any higher. Not on medication. I'm finding it so difficult to stay on 1350 calories a day especially if I work out--I'm so hungry! I'm 63 so know it's difficult to get it off post-menopause. Any words of encouragement?? :/
    I am 62 and lost 68 lbs since April....at my goal for a few weeks now.
    Welcome!!!
    If you do exercise you can eat some or all of your calories back!! What I did was ate food with the highest fiber content and also eat steel cut oats for breakfast with some sort of protein. Essentially make your calories count rather than opting for cookies etc go for "real food" but definitely have treats or it will not be realistic. You can do it!!! I eat a huge breakfast and it keeps me going! Less hungry for the rest of the day...I was always afraid to try it but it does work for me.
    There are tons of very helpful people here on MFP that have all sorts of great ideas!!

Wondered about that...I get hungry just thinking about the gym (lol)
    And Tuna can we just say Love it!!!!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Have you managed to keep a short leash on your A1c?
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    According to the Diabetic Connect app on my phone my A1c is down to 7.7. Last month or was showing 9.9.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »
    According to the Diabetic Connect app on my phone my A1c is down to 7.7. Last month or was showing 9.9.

That's progress. It takes some time for insulin resistance, inflammation, habits, etc., to change. But time and consistency are on our side!