Team Carol Meat and Greet

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!! My name is Regina and I choose Carol!! My goal is to drink 8 cups of water a day... I don't know why it's so hard for me but I have to force myself to drink water. My other goal is to stay consistent with logging all my food intake.
    Good luck everyone! B)
    Welcome to the challenge. I'll add you to the list.

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1. Be like Michonne and tell how you are going to fit in your habits.

FOOD GOAL: I've always been a planner, so I am going to try and log all my meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) every day in the morning, that way I know if I need to add more protein in my snacks before the end of the day.

EXERCISE GOAL: I am also going to pre-log all my exercises for the week in the notes section on the exercise tab in MFP as well as program my routines into my google calendar so it will alert me when I need to head to the gym.
  • lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    *Challenge 1: Be like Michonne and tell how I'll fit my habits into my life.
    My habit (in the making) is to be more intentionally active on my four non-gym days. To do that and keep it in balance with my family life, I'm setting aside 40 minutes in the afternoon/ evening (Tu,Th & Sa) for cardio and 20 minutes in the morning on the same days for strength training. Some days will be an hour in one session instead of splitting things up.

Sunday is my rest day.

*Challenge 2 : The Metallica song...:) it's on my playlist while I'm doing elliptical! So, check!

* Challenge 3: Character Challenge: Kickboxing routine...throwing into my cardio today, probably try and do it three times this week.

• lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    challenge #1. I'm going to try and get as much strength and flex done as I do cardio, something I have been a bit lax on lately
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    challenge 2-3 done! And every day so far bin working. Ten points here I come.
  • LeanFitLisa
    LeanFitLisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge Bonus Point #1

I work as a Home Health Aide in clients homes. I am incorporating short 1-3 minute workouts when my client is busy. Such as Wall Push-ups, squats and marching in place!
    Also, I signed up and paid for in advance for Zumba Gold classes every Tuesday :)
    I am working g on jumping on my elliptical 5 mins at a time throughout the days U am at home, too.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 - logging exercise. My company offers a $1 credit for each half hour of exercise per month (up to $30). I've got multiple reasons to get off my butt and get to sweating!
  • lynnhudzik
    lynnhudzik Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bonus point challenge #1
    This sounds so wimpy compared to the rest of the posts but I struggle with going to bed at a reasonable hour. I was excited to see that Michonne included staying mentally strong. I will get at least 7 hours sleep per night so that I can focus and be intentional with my goals and not be too tired to care and give up.
  • lynnhudzik
    lynnhudzik Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bonus Challenge #2 : fun and done once - will do again!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    Hi ladies!!! I'm tj and I love Carol! Haven't missed a WD challenge and I'm going to make it through this one too!

My goal is to take my vitamins every day and exercise 20 min 4 times a week. Wish me luck!!

Hello again! We are going to kick butt this time!

HEY!!!! Nice to see you again. And yes, we are totally kicking *kitten*.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    OMG - Maggie's double ladder character challenge is a b*tch! But it's done!
  • Lyndel123
    Lyndel123 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi. I'm Lynn. I choose Michonne. My fitness goals are to be more active by using the c25k app MWF, log at least one meal per day, and take my vitamins daily. I wanted to add walk 10k steps per day but I've never pulled it off. So nevermind that.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Lyndel123 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm Lynn. I choose Michonne. My fitness goals are to be more active by using the c25k app MWF, log at least one meal per day, and take my vitamins daily. I wanted to add walk 10k steps per day but I've never pulled it off. So nevermind that.
    Ok. Sounds good. I'll add you.

• Cindyinpg
    Options
    Don't forget to post your score on the Gore Card some time this weekend! We don't want to lose anyone to the Walkers.
  • lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just posted my score for the week...10 points! Have a happy Sunday everyone!
  • Lyndel123
    Lyndel123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bonus pt challenge 1: re Michonne. My plan is to stay strong and balanced through the next eight weeks add a mindfulness/me time component by using a meditation app or going to Church on Sundays to be more centered. Bonus challenge 2. I did the cardio kickboxing video but a different one in the same series because the one posted wouldn't work. Bonus challenge 3. I did the free weight Aerosmith arm workout. (I think I numbered these right?). I also kept my goal of c25k/being more active, taking vitamins, and logging meals.
  • Cindyinpg
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Winning team and top ranked players are posted in the Winners and Walkers thread. Missing players have 48 hours to post their score or we must assume that you have been Bit. you know what they say about 48 hours and missing people.
    Congrats to the survivors! New challenge will be posted in a few hours.
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    So close guys! Keep at it and congrats to everyone who earned 10 points this week!
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    Bonus Point Challenge - "Orange Crush, Kit Kats and Mints."
    I plan my meals ahead of time for the week and pick recipes from healthy food blogs (Skinnytaste is my go-to). I always have a terrible sweet tooth, so instead of reaching in the freezer for that pint of ice cream, I'll mix Greek yogurt with some frozen fruit and a few chocolate chips to satisfy that craving. I also never deprive myself of things I love so I will plan one day a week to go out. My boyfriend and I love this organic pizza place down the street from us, so we will go there once a week, and maybe get ice cream that night too (I usually get a kiddie or small size). I try and go to the gym at least 5-6 times a week, including the day we go out to eat just so I am not ridiculously over my calorie intake for my cheat day.