Team Carol Meat and Greet

Options

Replies

• lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    BPC 1: " Orange Crush, Kit Kat & Mints" - I'm a cardiac patient and in addition to a low cal lifestyle, I'm low sodium ( less than 1800 mg/ day) and I have to be careful of foods containing lots of vitamin k ( leafy greens for example) because they counteract my necessary anticoagulant medications. My husband has similar dietary needs. Meal planning is a must for my family of 5! I don't cook just for myself but I do plan just enough to keep portions under control for all of us and if I intentionally make leftovers, say for lunch the next day or another dinner in a couple days, I store the extra before meal time so its not staring me down when my plate is empty!
    Planning for meals out is something I'm working on.
    I go to the gym to a medically supervised cardiac rehab program three times a week, am working on making intentional exercise on non gym days except Sunday when i rest, my habit. Going well so far!

BPC 2: Rick & Michonne...hmmmm....lol...completed with modification. I rode my cross cycle during the pushup parts for medical reasons

I'm looking for an alternative to the HIIT Running video cause I can't safely do burpees or a couple other things innthere. Might repeat last weeks kick boxing one.
    If interested, y'all can check out my medical device by googling Heartmate II LVAD. I've had one for almost 4 years and am going to lose weight to qualify for transplant. I need friends and cheerleaders!!!
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    orange crush, kit kats and mints.

I have pretty much stopped with the high fat snacks. I'll have a Jaffa cake or maybe a packet of quavers but I'll generally have a meal when I'm hungry and not bother eating because I feel like a packet of crisps. I go to the gym a lot and let myself be a bit extra naughty on those days because I have enough calories spare.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    BPC 1: " Orange Crush, Kit Kat & Mints" I do the best when I preplan my meals. Due to work and life in general I am no longer planning our meals a month in advance, I am lucky to be able to plan a week at a time.

I take my food to the shop, am working on dehydrating my own meals for backpacking. I struggle to stay on the Anti-Infammatory Protocol.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    C1. I like junk food. Alot. We cut out most fast food and make our own chicken nuggets and hamburgers. And everything else is moderation. I never cut out dessert because I knew of I did that I'd quit. I don't do low calorie either so those mini ice cream sandwiches and I are good pals. And single squares of chocolate! I was never a soda drinker so I wouldn't miss that in a zombie apocalypse, I'd probably be with Michonne figuring out how to make my own toothpaste first ;)

Sally squats! I'm all over those. I love that guy, he makes me feel like its okay when it gets really hard.
  • ginncjb
    ginncjb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Snacking has always been my downfall. In tracking calories on MFP, I found I was "depriving" myself at meals, then snacking 400-500 calories a day! So now I allow myself to have more filling meals. This has helped hold off the desire to snack & helps me devote more of calories to protein & vegetables.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bonus Point 1 -

I'm using Intermittent Fasting along with daily exercise to drop the weight. This has really worked well for me. If I'm really wanting a bowl of ice cream or chips & salsa, I just wait until the day(s) I'm not fasting, then eat a reasonable portion size. In the 5:2 plan they recommend that on non-fast days you eat the daily recommended caloric intake, which for me is 1900 calories. I find that I'm satisfied at keeping it to 1500-1600 calories.

Another thing I joke about with people is that it's a good thing I can't make a decent margarita at home because that's all I'd drink. I save my 'ritas for when we go out, maybe 2-3x a month. And then I get the good ones :)

Bonus Point 2 -

Today I did Fitness Blender's Fat Burning HIIT Cardio Workout - https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/fat-burning-hiit-cardio-workout-high-intensity-interval-training-with-warm-up-and-cool-down

Bonus Point 3 -

Love this guy, I've done this several times since the first time we did it here. On a side note, my daughter said one of her winterguard friends challenged her to do 500 squats a night for a week. Neither one of us are sure we're up to do five-freaking-hundred, but Bringing Sally Up is a good place to start!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Orange Crush, Kit Kats and Mints

I've been gluten-free for the past 2 years and that has helped tremendously with carb cravings. I still eat some carbs (corn tortillas, rice, potatoes, GF pasta), but eliminating the wheat and other gluten foods has made a big difference in cravings for bread and sweets. I try to eat a rainbow of foods every week, so I get plenty of fruits and veggies. I don't necessarily meal plan, but I do a lot of food prep on Sundays. I usually make some type of protein in the crockpot (beef roast, chicken, beans or soup) and then draw from that during the week. I also prep a lot of veggies for snacking and often make a quinoa tabouli salad or some other grain dish. I make hardboiled eggs every couple of days and eat them for snacks. Often my lunch or dinner is a big salad with a small amount of meat, grain (taboui or otherwise), sliced egg and a bunch of veggies.

I also primarily shop the perimeter of the grocery store (meat, dairy, produce), rarely venturing down the center aisles unless I'm out of oatmeal, laundry soap or toilet paper.
  • lynnhudzik
    lynnhudzik Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bonus challenge 1: I am being intentional about what I eat - much less bread, carbs & sugar! More salad and love snacking on celery! Drinking more water helps keep me from being purposeful - it keeps the "hungry woman get out of my way cuz I'm gonn eat it all" at bay!
  • lynnhudzik
    Options
    Points this week: 7.5
  • lynnhudzik
    Options
    Since I picked Jessie - I will pick Michonne.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Trying really hard to get back on track...hopefully this week will be much better than the last two. Wish me luck team!!!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with chronic pain since I was 19. Almost 4 years ago I join MFP per my oby/gyn. I had been working out (body weights) for several months after reconnection with an old friend. Last year I was diagnosed with Raynuads. I am determined to keep my pain level bearable through working out, I have a lot of living left to do!
  • lvadmama
    lvadmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've had heart failure since I was 23. I'm now almost 42. I have to drop my bmi from it's, current 43 to 35 or lower to qualify for transplant.
    I've done one side or the other of the diet/exercise equation for years... Finally have both going together!
    I'm working with a nutritionist on getting more fiber while keeping my carbs where they need to be and upping my protein a bit.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Ah ha! Moment: Bonus Point 1

My father was recently diagnosed with diabetes. He had been pre-diabetic for some time, and had tried walking home from work to help, but his eating habits never changed. I don't want to end up as unhealthy as my parents. I used to be very active too - I did dance, gymnastics, figure skating, swimming, softball, you name it. I'm tired of carrying out this weight. I want to be able to enjoy the things I used to enjoy, and I want to be active and healthy.

Negotiations: Bonus Point 2
    I meet my macros for the most part - protein had been a struggle for me but I am meeting my goals for it now. Now I need to focus on my micronutrients. I know my potassium intake is low - I don't like bananas, so I'll have to find other ways to add potassium. I eat plenty of yogurt, sweet potatoes, and tangerines every day, but I need to do more to get there.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Negotiations: Bonus Point 2
    I meet my macros for the most part - protein had been a struggle for me but I am meeting my goals for it now. Now I need to focus on my micronutrients. I know my potassium intake is low - I don't like bananas, so I'll have to find other ways to add potassium. I eat plenty of yogurt, sweet potatoes, and tangerines every day, but I need to do more to get there. [/quote]

Avocados and Dried apricots are high in potassium, mine was low when I was pregnant with my son and I couldn't keep bananas down ;)

My aha moment wasn't so much a moment as my situation. My son is autistic and developmentally delayed, he is also fast and strong. I realized to be his mom I was going to have to be faster and stronger. Then I lost too much weight without building muscle and was fast but not strong. So I put some weight back on, now I'm trying to lose weight again while building muscle. Building muscle is going well, weight is stuck :(

Fruits and veggies....I go though spurts, sometimes I'm all about the fruits and veggies, sometimes its protein. Right now it's protein and I think that goes with the building muscle. I am trying to flip to more veggies and fruit but my body is disagreeing. I do take a multivitamin every night though!
  • maphammonds
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    Trying really hard to get back on track...hopefully this week will be much better than the last two. Wish me luck team!!!

You got this TJ!!
  • maphammonds
    Options
    Bonus #1 - For me it was a picture, a Christmas picture with all our 5 kids, their partners and kids. I looked like a frumpy fat grandma! That was two years ago, since them I'm down about 15 pounds (12ish #s thanks to MFP). 4 pounds to go to my original goal weight, but thinking I may push that down a bit...maybe 9 more to go??

Bonus #2 - I'm usually pretty decent on my macros, but when I go over it's hecka over! I don't track my supplements here, so I guess I need to start doing that.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Trying to make sure I get more points this week -

Bonus Point #1 - It wasn't an aha moment so much as a realization in the back of my head that I didn't want to be like my family. I have a very large family full of very large people. Diabetes, heart disease, bad backs, knees and circulation abound in most of my family. I didn't want to be one of those people who couldn't be active. I didn't like me at my heaviest when walking up 4 steps to the back door of my work made me out of breath. So I had a gastric sleeve almost 3 years ago and I have worked my butt off ever since trying to make it work for me. I have gained back 15-20lbs of the original 142lbs lost, but that's because recently i have started eating bad things.

Which brings me to Bonus Point #2 - Fruit is a no no for me since it is just sugar. If I have fruit its because Im trying to avoid a candy bar, but its still not a good alternative. Starchy veggies are also off the table. I have a small number of veggies that I can eat, but I will admit since 2/3's of my meals need to be protein and only 1/3 can be veggies, I really dont eat them very often. I prefer to just have protein so i avoid not getting enough protein. And it helps me avoid some of the carbs that are in approved veggies. My vitamins are an issue, that's why its one of my goals. I take a handful of them a day and sometimes I forget...who am i kidding, most days i forget. But I keep working on it.

Bonus Point #3 - I will get back to you.

I already have 3 of my 4 exercise days and 3 vitamin days. Im on track for almost maxing my points for the week. Probably have 7 of the 8 I can get. That's not terrible.