Lets get it started...

Options
2»

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, Glad you're seeing the results you're looking for, but PLEASE be careful. Hopefully a lot of that loss is water weight, but over 2 lbs/week loss when you're that close to goal is probably not healthy or sustainable. Wishing you continued success, but please take care of yourself and don't over deny with a "diet" that you end up rebounding.

I'm watching a friend really struggle after dieting for over a year to get down to a similar goal for her wedding (which she achieved), but then with that over, she lost all motivation and is really struggling to find that balance to stay healthy without "dieting".
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm a beginner. Thursday I had to fast for a dr blood test. I decide this was a good day to try it out. Instead of eating immediately after the appt, I waited till dinner and had my 500 calories. The next day, I ate normally and wasnt wanting to snack as much. I was amazed how easy this was. I plan to fast on Tuesday and Thursday. It is strange, i'm actually looking forward to Tuesday to see if I continue to have positive results. Looking forward to the support of like minded individuals.
  • trakkie1
    trakkie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all - today was my first day doing this and unfortunately was horrible! Not sure if it had to do with the fast, but I ended up with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Has anyone had anything like this happen? I tried to hold off on my first meal until lunchtime, when I was really hungry and ate a 170 calorie yogurt. After than I started throwing up and feeling sick, so didn't really want to eat, I finished the day with two pieces of toast just because I wanted to try to keep something down. I'm not sure if this means my body just can't tolerate fasting, or if I had the bad luck to start fasting on the same day as getting a stomach bug!
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi trakkie,

I only just finished my third day and found it easier than I imagine. It sounds like you got it the same day as the stomach bug or something. I'm not an expert but these don't sound like normal symptoms. Do you take medicine in the morning, I know some meds have to be taken with food.

I recommend giving it a couple days and try it again. If you experience the same thing, I would say this isn't for you. Good luck in achieving your goals.
  • quirkyjennio
    quirkyjennio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Are we all still going?
  • Brandyacutebbw
    Brandyacutebbw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As always I'm a little late to the part but I'm in! I'm not just overweight, I'm extremely obese. I have always struggled with my weight, but now I'm in my 30s, raising a 7 year old beautiful little girl, and its time to really get get focused and get healthy. I'm hoping this 5:2 diet will help with that, and hoping to meet other people that are doing the same thing.
  • Terrabull
    Terrabull Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group. Several years ago I devised my own weight loss plan that involved a form of intermittent fasting and it worked tremendously and I kept the weight off. Granted that was when I was 25 and single. Now, at 38 and having 2 kids, the weight has come back. I've finally got the motivation to start again. I also think that by switching to 6:1 after I reach my goal weight, I can create a true lifestyle change to sustain the loss for good.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome @Terrabull. Maybe this will get the group back active again. If you are interested, there's also a general IF group with some 5:2 folks. Well done taking that first step to getting yourself healthy again.
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey all I am Ski,
    33 yrs young
    13st 13lbs
    No defined goal weight- just wanting to lose!
    *waves hello*
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Hi Ski
  • Mattash2006
    Mattash2006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm started the 5:2 diet today, I am currently weighing 144lbs my goal is 126lbs. Theses last 18lbs of baby weight just don't want to leave
  • patriciablairalner
    patriciablairalner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone! Today is my first fast day and I am excited to join you all on this fascinating journey. I did it! No cheating, wrote it all down! First time ever! Now I just have to go to bed so I dont eat anything. Lol
  • watchursize
    watchursize Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just started the 5:2 diet today. I am still reading up on info to make sure I do it right. Today hasn't been bad so far because I have been busy at work, lets see what the evening brings :). I intend to stick to this one, fingers crossed.