Wanted to comment on this

Options
dietbepsi
dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
I don't post a whole lot. I'm pretty new. But I have been reading for a while. There is something so refreshing about this group that is so different then other places I've been. This world today is so full of nasty, negative, rude people, hiding behind the Internet. You can't read one story on Facebook without a litany of negative horrible comments from people. It really goes far in helping you lose your faith in humanity.
Anyhow, there is such a positive energy on this board. I see encouragement, positivity, and kindness. Plus a lot of information.
You don't see "oldies" berating newbies for asking the same questions that have been asked 100 times, (even when it's on the launchpad... Which let's be honest, they all are), they patiently answer the question, kindly give suggestions and encouragement. You don't see belittling of people, pointing out every flaw in someone else and impatience.
All in all, it's just a refreshing and encouraging place to be. And I just wanted to say thanks :)

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    We like to credit the Ketones, in some regard. A lot of us have actually found ourselves to be more level and such eating this way! Just getting away from the "hangries" help, too.

But we have some awesome modes and awesome group members, too. We're all here because we're willing to think outside the box and try new and wacky things... Glad to have ya!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! That's encouraging! I've been here since November and I find this group refreshing, too. I got hooked fast. I've been on MFP for years but my post count has I think tripled just since I joined this group. ;)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I <3 these peeps - they've been a guiding light in the dark and a mentor to me in my dumbest moments LOL.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @dietbepsi I couldn't agree more!!!! The Internet brings out the absolute worst in people in so many ways, it is so refreshing to have such a safe space to discuss issues that make us all feel so vulnerable.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post! We are not hungry and cranky :)
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agree. I try to make my mantra "Good for you, not for me!" when I encounter lifestyles contrary to my own.
    A lot of people think that doing something different condemns their choices, and that's just not the case. Life is nice when we support each other and let one another learn from our experiences and even mistakes.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Agreed. This is a great group. Lots of support here, no snarkiness.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Even this post happens on a regular basis! And I personally love it every time someone new notices! I have felt the same way all along myself. Such a great environment to try and learn new things.
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Nicely said. I much prefer to be here than on the other boards.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite of the low carb groups. Loads of support!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The support here is amazing! That's what's kept me coming back to visit with y'all for almost a year! It's a great group who provide great information to help each other along this path! It's so good to have you, and every other newbie along for the ride!! :smiley:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    This really is a great group. And, it is the members that make it great. Sure, we get the same questions a lot, but I think the group members also know how impossible it can be to search and how it can be hard to find an answer when you really don't know what it might be "officially" called. There are days when I don't feel like answering a question I've answered 50 times before, but I don't say anything. I know someone else will answer it that day. I'll probably feel like answering it the next time it comes up. It all comes around in cycles.

The best part is seeing the members who were asking questions, just a few weeks ago, answering the questions of others. It makes it worth the time. We were all new here once. Even those who have been here a while have more to learn. None of us know it all. None of us know what is best for someone else. So we all lean on each other.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I don't even look at discussions outside this group now. It is so informative and friendly here.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    This really is a great group. And, it is the members that make it great. Sure, we get the same questions a lot, but I think the group members also know how impossible it can be to search and how it can be hard to find an answer when you really don't know what it might be "officially" called. There are days when I don't feel like answering a question I've answered 50 times before, but I don't say anything. I know someone else will answer it that day. I'll probably feel like answering it the next time it comes up. It all comes around in cycles.

The best part is seeing the members who were asking questions, just a few weeks ago, answering the questions of others. It makes it worth the time. We were all new here once. Even those who have been here a while have more to learn. None of us know it all. None of us know what is best for someone else. So we all lean on each other.

This is definitely me. I've asked my fair share of questions and have never been guided wrong.
    @wabmester found a resource for me that explained an apparently rare reaction my daughter was having to insulin pump therapy. When I took the information to the doctor I only showed it to him after he seemed to have no idea what the cause was. He looked at the journals I had saved and looked it up in his resources an was amazed that I came in prepared and with what he believes is correct information. He said he had never heard of it and it truly peaked his curiosity.
    Anyway, there's so much to learn and if we ever think we've learned it all then it's time for an ego check. :wink:
    I feel so confident in my knowledge on certain things and I definitely am quick to give ideas and info if I think it's of value. But I find myself thinking "these guys (the ones before me) probably think I'm a little over confident. I've only been around here 9 months. lol but then I see members newer than me sharing and helping too and it's the best thing! There's not one "go to expert" and the information can be trusted because it's supported. And we all really want nothing but success for everyone.
  • workathomemama
    workathomemama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    dietbepsi wrote: »
    I don't post a whole lot. I'm pretty new. But I have been reading for a while. There is something so refreshing about this group that is so different then other places I've been. This world today is so full of nasty, negative, rude people, hiding behind the Internet. You can't read one story on Facebook without a litany of negative horrible comments from people. It really goes far in helping you lose your faith in humanity.
    Anyhow, there is such a positive energy on this board. I see encouragement, positivity, and kindness. Plus a lot of information.
    You don't see "oldies" berating newbies for asking the same questions that have been asked 100 times, (even when it's on the launchpad... Which let's be honest, they all are), they patiently answer the question, kindly give suggestions and encouragement. You don't see belittling of people, pointing out every flaw in someone else and impatience.
    All in all, it's just a refreshing and encouraging place to be. And I just wanted to say thanks :)

You're so right!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I love this group!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I check in almost daily because there's so much good in this group. =)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I agree @Fit_Goat! There is a joy in watching the newbies "grow up" and begin providing advice to other newbies! I've enjoyed that a lot!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Love this group too! Was a little intimidated at first by the amount of KNOWLEDGE but then I realized how great that is. Love it!