Soda?

Options
2»

Replies

• HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wine can have anywhere from 3-15 carbs per 4 oz depending.... have vodka ( ;
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    What should I mix with the vodka something super simple and I'll be drinking it all night....
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I've never been a soda fan, but I do enjoy sparkling water with a lime wedge. And that's what I drink when I'm out too. I'm a cocktail girl so it's easier to just avoid alcohol all together or I'd be guzzling sugar all night long. Maybe one day I can be fun again lol.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @emilybeaver Vodka with club soda and lime is my go-to! If you have wine, I have read that Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio is low in carbs.
  • all4koi
    all4koi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The carbonation gets to me every time I try to sneak soda. But you have better alternatives. I was recently turned onto DIET Oceanspray - 2 carbs per cup and there's plenty of flavors. And its reasonably priced. I haven't tried StCroix just cuz of the costs but heard many drink it.
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I'm a cocktail girl so it's easier to just avoid alcohol all together or I'd be guzzling sugar all night long.

Girl after my own heart ☺
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I gave them up many years ago after deciding they weren't good for me. I have been drinking water, and unsweetened tea, ever since. I do drink coffee now but didn't develop the habit until after becoming keto. I did consume frappucinos with sugar free flavored syrup (thinking this was making it acceptable back then!! Lol!) before keto, but not regular coffee. I tried to add the sf coffee syrup back into my diet, with disastrous results, last summer! Was a huge mistake, for me! I have avoided all sweeteners since then!

It's great to be in the place, nutritionally, to be able to recognise what these substances actually do (and was doing) to us! Making it easier to see the need to eliminate them! I'm happy for you to be there too!