I found coffee!!

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
I'm super excited. My husband got this coffee at Sam's that is the actual coffee bean and you grind it right there in the store. I've always been one to put tons of flavored creamer in my coffee. Whoever said to me in this group that find a good quality coffee is absolutely right. This coffee is amazing. With just one or two packets of Splenda it's amazing!! WOOHOO!!

Also can I get a McDonald's unsweetened ice tea and put Splenda in it?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Might have been me. I made this discovery very recently upon quitting artificial sweetener cold turkey. I realized I needed it because my coffee was gross! lol
    I just tried the Sumatra coffee from Starbucks. They will grind it for you too. I really need to get my own because it's apparently even better when you grind it fresh right before brewing.
    I'm working on my full coffee snob credentials. :wink:
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    This coffee smells delicious. It fills up your whole house with the smell. Yum. It's called Verena Street and it's even a dark roast!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Dark coffee is my favorite too!
    The brand is Verena Street? I'll have to look for it. I am sampling all kinds of different ones now.
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I used to need super sweet coffee but since adding fat I can drink it without! Good end are a must as well. I also aim for free trade coffee since they treat their workers better. Bullet proof coffee is my best friend ;)
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Do you have a Sam's Club near you? That is where we got it from!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I don't know if I could handle putting butter in my coffee....
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Butter is just cream. Try it. Everyone says that at first. :wink:
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I know it I should try it...
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My husband is a coffee snob, but thanks to him, I actually enjoy drinking it now ... especially with lots of heavy cream. We always buy whole bean and grind it ourselves. We actually just bought some coffee beans online and are going to try roasting them at home. Yum!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes to the unsweetened tea! Congratulations on the coffee find!

I have to find me some good coffee! The Folgers is getting old!
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh my word you should totally get a cheap little spice grinder. Grinding your own beans in the morning takes just a minute, your house smells heavenly and the coffee is delicious. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. Coffee is liquid gold to me :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That's honestly the only thing I like about coffee...the smell of fresh ground beans. Maybe I just need to get a hoity-toity coffee, BP it, and drink in small amounts - boycotting creamer! I remember my last coffee adventure in an attempt to start a love affair - and OMG, disastrous!!!!

Edited to add: my guy would love it if I loved coffee, because then I'd make it more often. He's terrified to make it since he accidentally broke the last pot to our small coffeemaker. LOL And he'd NEVER use a French Press or something manual....no patience for instructions.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I never would have thought grinding my own coffee at home made that much of a difference. After all these posts now I'm temped to check it out!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I'm not big coffee drinker at this point in my life, but if I ever do become one I am so going to try some of the coffee flavors this place carries because they just sound so darn good:

https://nuts.com/coffeesteas/
  • coryh00
    coryh00 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This may be a dumb question, but since coffee isn't required to have nutrition info...are there carbs/sugar in the flavored beans? Same question on the various flavored teas (I have seen a chocolate and a couple fruit flavors I have been tempted to try but have not since they lack the info.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Might have been me. I made this discovery very recently upon quitting artificial sweetener cold turkey. I realized I needed it because my coffee was gross! lol
    I just tried the Sumatra coffee from Starbucks. They will grind it for you too. I really need to get my own because it's apparently even better when you grind it fresh right before brewing.

Try Brooklyn roasting company, you can order whole bean grind yourself then brew in a French press. It's beyond delicious and so smooth.
    http://www.brooklynroasting.com/
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options

Try Brooklyn roasting company, you can order whole bean grind yourself then brew in a French press. It's beyond delicious and so smooth.
    http://www.brooklynroasting.com/

Thanks! I'll check it out. I love trying new coffees!
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For serious coffee snob credentials you should treat yourself to some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (not the blend but the 100% certified JBM coffee). It has excellent flavor (hint of nuttiness) and rich aroma with no bitter aftertaste. I usually buy several pounds of it in bean form when I'm in Jamaica and bring it back with me to grind as needed. Prepare for sticker shock buying it in the U.S. (I'm told it costs around $70 a pound). Gives me a reason to go to Jamaica at least once a year, lol.
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Butter is just cream. Try it. Everyone says that at first. :wink:

My wife thought the same way. Butter! That's going to be oily and gross! Now she makes her own bulletproof coffee (with butter and coconut oil) every morning using a small emulsifier to blend it all up.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    So I'm getting there I put HWC in mine this morning....I don't have a blender at home but can I still use butter and coconut oil? And how much for a 16 oz cup