Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I found coffee!!

2»

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    So I'm getting there I put HWC in mine this morning....I don't have a blender at home but can I still use butter and coconut oil? And how much for a 16 oz cup

I would start with about 1 tsp of each and move up slowly as some people experience bathroom issues. If you don't have a blender I would consider buying one of those $10 handheld milk frothers. You could just stir it into your coffee but the oils would float to the top and that seems to bother a lot of people.
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Butter is just cream. Try it. Everyone says that at first. :wink:
    So butter in my coffee sounds intriguing to me, ever since I saw it on my diet is better than your diet. I haven't tried it. But I was curious, I use heavy cream about a teaspoon in the morning in my coffee. It makes it really rich and creamy. Why would one use butter instead of whipping cream? Just curious.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited February 2016
    dietbepsi wrote: »
    So butter in my coffee sounds intriguing to me, ever since I saw it on my diet is better than your diet. I haven't tried it. But I was curious, I use heavy cream about a teaspoon in the morning in my coffee. It makes it really rich and creamy. Why would one use butter instead of whipping cream? Just curious.

Butter has butyric acid which is another short chain fatty acid and very Ketogenic. It also has less of the dairy proteins that can be troublesome to some people.
    You'd be surprised how rich and smooth the flavor is. I actually like a salted butter myself, but most others use unsalted I think.
    Butter stirs in okay, it kinda floats on top a bit, but not all of it. It's better to blend it or use the frother though and you really need to do it for sure if you're using coconut or MCT oil.
    Also, for the purpose of fasting (Bulletproof style), butter and coconut oil do not break your body from fasting. But cream does.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    I didn't "get" coffee until I went to France. There, the coffee tastes like it smells... wonderful. Now that Jamaican coffee sounds interesting. Couldn't afford it, even if I found it! For now, Circle K's decaf is keeping me company. Certainly not fancy, but it works.
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member

Butter has butyric acid which is another short chain fatty acid and very Ketogenic. It also has less of the dairy proteins that can be troublesome to some people.
    You'd be surprised how rich and smooth the flavor is. I actually like a salted butter myself, but most others use unsalted I think.
    Butter stirs in okay, it kinda floats on top a bit, but not all of it. It's better to blend it or use the frother though and you really need to do it for sure if you're using coconut or MCT oil.
    Also, for the purpose of fasting (Bulletproof style), butter and coconut oil do not break your body from fasting. But cream does.
    Thanks for the info.
    I would do it with salted butter also. I haven't done the bulletproof coffee yet, (it honestly sounds atrocious to me, and I don't really feel like I need the added calories because I'm in weight-loss mode) but I have my coffee in the morning with cream and then try not to eat until about noon. I might try the butter tomorrow. I might. Do you only use like Kerrigold butter though? Grass fed etc.? I haven't bought any of that just because the way my family goes through butter it would send me to the poorhouse. Lol. I buy my butter at Costco. Would I be defeating myself if I didn't use "the good butter? Just curious.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Salt in your coffee is supposed to help douse the bitter edge. Many recipes actually include adding salt to the grounds to cut the edge while brewing... @Sunny_Bunny_
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    If it's bitter cinnamon can help when brewing but mostly you need a smoother blend or cold brew or French press brewing method.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited February 2016

Thanks for the info.
    I would do it with salted butter also. I haven't done the bulletproof coffee yet, (it honestly sounds atrocious to me, and I don't really feel like I need the added calories because I'm in weight-loss mode) but I have my coffee in the morning with cream and then try not to eat until about noon. I might try the butter tomorrow. I might. Do you only use like Kerrigold butter though? Grass fed etc.? I haven't bought any of that just because the way my family goes through butter it would send me to the poorhouse. Lol. I buy my butter at Costco. Would I be defeating myself if I didn't use "the good butter? Just curious.

You can use Costco butter. It doesn't have to be grass fed. The very slight difference between grass fed and not has nothing to do with the whole butter coffee thing.
    If you nix the cream and use butter instead, you're getting the same calories but keeping your body in a fasted state. Which could help with fat loss... It's not about calories. It's about the food.
    And adding coconut oil provides lots of benefits including boosting ketones, physical and mental energy, and provides satiety like you've eaten, while actually remaining in a fasted state.
    If you blend the coffee it looks like this. And it tastes very creamy and you'd have absolutely no idea there's any oil in it at all.
    exfb30i7n5v7.jpeg

I've had 24oz. of coffee, 1Tbs MCT, 1/2Tbs coconut oil and 1Tbs butter today so far. I last ate at 6:30 last night. I've been up since 6am and it's now 1pm. I haven't felt the slightest hunger as of yet and plan to get some exercise in before eating in a couple more hours.
    That's the reason I do Keto style coffee. Plus, I really love it!
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    I brought coconut oil with me today....I couldn't do it..haha
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Oh and here's another win. I got a McDonalds unsweet tea and usually I pucker at the taste of unsweet tea. It actually tastes good and not too bitter!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member

I did not realize that ... thanks