13»

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    reblazed wrote: »
    @nvmomketo ... LOL you and me both. If it weren't for avocados and mushrooms I think I'd be a full fledged carnivore.

And the nuts and coconut! Ugh. Now I want a snack of coconut and macadamia nuts, and then avocado, mayo and tuna for lunch....

Wow. LOL Amazing. I now consider that a high carb day. When did that happen? LOL ;)

@reblazed and @nvmomketo
    I am laughing because this so sounds like my own thought process...sincerely feel like I understand where you are at.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Really miss the berries. Have them as a treat about 1once a month as fruit is a trigger for me.

After 8 months still getting my head past the many years of having 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. My body dosnt miss it, just my mind
  • LiftRunRepeat22
    LiftRunRepeat22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any fruit. I've been increasing my carbs on days I run. I've been eyeing that fruit bowl every time I walk by it now
  • CoffeeSalty
    CoffeeSalty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @Christine_72 - I don't have any medical conditions (unless one counts hypothyroidism) but even a few strawberries and blueberries can kick me almost out of ketosis. But, if I'm somewhere where fruit and/or veggies is the better choice over carby sweets, I'm going for the fruits and veggies. ;)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I miss fruit as a snack. Uninspired canteen lunches of a little meat, egg n salad means afternoon snack likely. Nowadays I have nuts but I can easy eat too many. I don't like protein bars due to sweeteners in them. Thus aside from the flavours, I do miss the portability n ease of fruit.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just some citrus fruit, lemon and lime juice to flavor club soda or sauces. Guess I'm drinking fruit lately! I miss bananas though.
  • blacktie347
    blacktie347 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What do you think of blackberries (anyone)?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What do you think of blackberries (anyone)?

I love blackberries, but if you're looking for lower carbs, raspberries are a better option.

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I eat serving of fruit a day. Raspberries at the best!!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I eat a 1/2 cup of blackberries almost every day. They are my go to evening snack. I generally have a square of 85% dark chocolate and a club soda along with the blackberries. On a net carb basis they fit into my macros. I also eat raspberries from time to time. Recently I had about 1/3 of a tart apple. What a treat!