13»

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    04/03/2016 100%

Hi
    I made my banks run today , Walk actually 8.6K steps worth. It started a light rain part way into it and when I left the bank I ended up putting up the Umbrella. Today's weather is off and on rain and moderately cool, It was in the 30s when I left the house :)

I am sitting here burning a couple of DVDs that I created from Video Captures, And Currently I am putting Windows XP on a old Pentium 4 laptop, I tried loading Windows 10 onto it and it just kept cycling and never partitioned the drive or anything useful. I will try again from within Windows XP and see how that goes. I plan to give to a computerless person and want a windows version that is still getting security updates and not long discontinued like XP. Wish Me luck

Nothing else much going on today.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/04/2016 100%

Hi
    Cold & Windy today, 26 degrees with a wind chill in the teens, Brrrr.....
    7200+ Steps so far and a trip to the supermarket later. That will likely add more than a few steps as they are still moving things around and You need to explore to find anything :)

As I walk I see plenty of spring flowers blooming currently, Daffodils, Grape Hyacinth, Hyacinth, Flowering trees, And Lots of Violets along the sidewalks. Nice time of year to go walking that way. Plenty of Birds using the Bird feeders we have set out in front of the living room window too.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Options

04/05/2016 100%

Hi
    Once again it was cold outside, At least there was no wind.
    I Lost track of my steps, the battery on my Fitbit died :(
    Rain in the forecast for tomorrow, yuck.

I'm running out of time today too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I feel donor ruble as a person yo not be here being supportive, I am so sorry Roger. You are so dedicated. As I may have said earlier, I had to post for my job. I did get to keep my job, but it drops the department from 4 people to just me. I have had to go thru the interviewing process to hire a new person, as well as meet the new boss. On top of it, dating a special guy and spend most of any time after work getting to know him. Trying to stay on plan as much as possible, even I go are the hardest. But I am at least maintaining.

Keep up the great work Roger, you are doing awesome. I love reading your post.
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/06/2016 Not 100%
    I semi blame my brother for picking up the Chinese Take out :)

Hi
    I am still waiting for the forecast rain, however it is on the way. However I did get out walking + 1 Really corroded penny that I am not sure how I even saw it sitting in the grass alongside of the Sidewalk. The rain is coming slower than originally forecast which is good as I got out the door later than usual.

I had my Breakfast and then went out to our shed and pulled the carburetor off of the rototiller as it does run on starting fluid or a squirt of gas in the carburetor and when that is gone dies. Thus I did order a rebuild kit and have started taking it apart to see if I can get it going properly, if not then I can order a replacement carburetor via Amazon or Briggs and Stratton. Wish me luck :)

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    I feel donor ruble as a person yo not be here being supportive, I am so sorry Roger. You are so dedicated. As I may have said earlier, I had to post for my job. I did get to keep my job, but it drops the department from 4 people to just me. I have had to go thru the interviewing process to hire a new person, as well as meet the new boss. On top of it, dating a special guy and spend most of any time after work getting to know him. Trying to stay on plan as much as possible, even I go are the hardest. But I am at least maintaining.

Keep up the great work Roger, you are doing awesome. I love reading your post.

Hi Donna
    I have a suspicion that auto correct on a cell phone did a bit of damage to Your post :)

Congratulations on keeping Your job that is the most important thing, as I say "Real Life Comes First".

Another Big Congratulations on Maintaining. That is what I have been doing, I am at the same weight since Mid February. When I say on Plan 100% that is with some added foods as I had decided earlier this year to do a period of Maintenance to let my body adjust to the reduced weight. It seems to be working too, The weight has stayed the same but the waist is slowly shrinking, Whee!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I hate auto correct. It would help if I would proof. Anyway, keep up the great work. I am so proud of your accomplishments.
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/07/2016 100%

Hi
    When I started walking to the post office to mail a payment it was not to bad out, However while I was out the sky kept getting darker and a chilly wind out of the North kept slowly increasing until I was glad to get home. I did stop and talk to two of the crossing guards while I was out walking. The rest of the time I was listening to "Boston Blackie" a old time radio show.

I also filled the one Bird Feeder. While walking this week the Colors I see in bloom are Yellow on the Forsythia and Lots of Dandelions as well as Purple on plenty of Grape Hyacinths.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    I hate auto correct. It would help if I would proof. Anyway, keep up the great work. I am so proud of your accomplishments.

Hi Donna
    I was able to get the gist anyway. If You want a good laugh search the Internet for Auto Correct posts and the way it mangles things. Some of them are hilarious!

Thank You for the Kind words, Currently I am retaining lots of water from the Chinese Take Out. It always seems to take two days to really show on the scale, Tomorrow I should be on the way back down.

FWIW if You are curious.
    Breakfast was a Banana before I walked followed on my return with a Protein shake and Multi Grain Cheerios, Sweetener and Dollar Store 1% UHT Milk that is 50 calories for the 4 ounces I put on the cereal.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Options

04/08/2016 100%

Hi
    I found a dime AKA 10 cents on the homeward leg of my morning walk. I am still waiting for the forecast snow or rain to start. That means I had a good mornings walk and stayed dry, I did have to wear a Sweatshirt & a Hoodie with Mittens to keep warm on my walk. I refilled the Squirrel proof bird feeder on my return to the house. The Birds seem to be hungry right now :)

Currently I am capturing a 4 hour VHS tape on my big computer and will be editing and Converting it to be in DVD format when that has finished. It is three different Specials I recorded back in the 80s.

I have been listening to the Boston Blackie radio show while walking. Some of the Commercials in it are for Beneficial Finance, Rinso Laudry Detergent and LifeBouy Soap, complete with the B.O that sounds like a ocean Bouy, Link to a commercial on YouTube here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astrjgUhc2I the sound is at the 33 second mark and the 1:22 second mark.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. Here is a link to the next Challenge for those that are interested. This current challenge's last day is Sunday the 10th of April. BTW It is a recycled Challenge for a previous year :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10368696/100-challenge-i-ve-got-the-power-mon-4-11-to-sun-5-22-join-anytime#latest
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/09/2016 100%

Hi
    I found 11 cents while out walking. It is a nice sunny day currently OTOH It was chilly today when I was out. We had sprinkles of rain twice yesterday, Parts of South New Jersey had 3 inches of snow reported.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger

Tomorrow is the last day of this challenge. If anybody wants to get in on the next one sign up using the link I posted previously. Good Luck
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/10/2016 Not 100%
    Brunch at the Diner with friends

Hi
    No money found today, yesterday I did find 11 cents however. I could see that it had drizzled before I left the house today so I clipped the larger Umbrella to the backpack and took it with me that way just in case. I did unclip it once but it drizzled lightly and then stopped so I clipped it back on. I am using two carbiners to do that, One clips around the umbrella by the handle and then I use the second one to connect that one to the backpack. It works and keeps the Umbrella out of the way if not needed. I need to research and see if anyone sells a sling for umbrellas as a easier alternative.

Have a Good Week
    Roger