Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    @Ahollowed glad to hear from you. I haven't experienced it but my daughter gets like that when she does multiple hard days at the gym... she is big into the gym and does the carb cycling and cuts cycles and gain cycles and on and on. I just listen to her from college talk about those hunger pains and fitting all her food in to her macros! So no insight but know it happens!
  • sandkp
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey TEAM... we are so close to making our minutes this week. We are only 53 away right now. Anyone with any minutes to log, let's get them on there and knock this one over the 100%

We can get it done... I know we can. Let's make the bounce back from last week!!!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey all looks like we made it! (look how far we've come my baby.....sorry couldn't resist). Great job this week. It seems like there are still some people who haven't finished the week, but I need all the numbers in by tomorrow. If you could put a zero in for yesterday if you didn't work out, that way I know everyone is finished for the week and I can put the scores in. Glad do see she didn't split up any teams when combining. I was a little worried we might have been broken up but I'm glad we haven't. I'm all for staying together for the next challenge if you guys want :)

And really thank you guys for your support. It is so frustrating to want to do more and not be able to, so I'm glad I have you all as a support to fall back on. I really appreciate it!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    New week! Let's rock and roll team!!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm excited... this Saturday I'll be moving a mattress, a boxspring, and a desk down three flights of stairs, into a van, and back out again... all by myself! Sounds silly, but when I moved my tires on my own it was a great feeling. Looking forward to another interesting work out :)

And yes to signing up with you guys again :)
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Wow guys, after everyone posted we were 28% over our minutes needed. Great job! Everyone pat themselves on the back.
  • enuf2
    Options
    Morning Team! Hope everyone had a good start to their week. I struggled through my workout last night. Didn't feel like doing anything, my music player wasn't working. Some how I managed to stick with it. I looked at the week ahead and knew that last night was a good night to get some extra minutes in so I plugged away. Good thing for this challenge! Have a great day!
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Hey guys, I know it's weigh in day, but I'm gonna wait a day or two and wait for this water weight to drop off (yay MTOTM). Ugh.
  • 303lissy
    Options
    (I should add I'm magically +2lbs from yesterday morning's weight which isn't a nice number)
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    sorry everyone, I wasn't feeling good on Sunday and by Monday evening, it turned into the flu. I am up but just barely and going back to bed for a bit. Hopefully by tomorrow, I will feel much better.
  • enuf2
    Options
    feel better soon, @wahmx3
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Oh now @wahmx3 hope you feel better soon! Glad you've been taking some time to rest. Work back slowly and enjoy a feel-better, relaxing day instead of jumping up as soon as you're better :)
  • sandkp
    Options
    Pixie dust to make you feel better coming your way @wahmx3
  • enuf2
    Options
    Well, I gained 0.4lbs. I know that its not a big deal. Not a lot of weight, but I was so close to 199. all I needed was to lose 0.5lbs to get there. *sigh*
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Ditto on the .4lbs :( This week has been rough. Just gotta push harder next week!
  • sandkp
    Options
    Almost a full ditto... .3 lbs here... still barely hanging on ... maybe I'm just waiting for you @enuf200 ... holding at 199... let's rock this week and we can celebrate this time next week!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    You guys can do this! You've all been doing so great and helping me through. Keep up your hard work guys!
  • kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! You're all doing so well and really motivating me! I'm sorry I have been non-existent lately... We only have 2 weeks of dental school left so on top of all the last minute cases to finish for my patients, we also have celebratory dinners multiple times per week for different organizations and groups... At this point, I'm just trying not to GAIN weight in the next few weeks
  • BJerzy
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @kaitkolo sometimes that's my goal too, especially when I go to my parent's house (where my husband also lives - long story). I spend at least a weekend if not a whole week there, and if I can just maintain my weight for that week then I consider it a victory. Keep it up!

Is anyone doing the spice it up challenge? We already eat a lot of different spices, so I decided to find something totally new: herbs de province. I'm going to make some rice with herbs de province this weekend. I've never used it before, and I've never put spices (other than garlic) on my rice so I think this will be interesting!
  • 303lissy
    Options
    I've had Trader Joe's 21 (23?) Spice Salute sitting on my counter for a looong time. Maybe I'll roast some chicken tomorrow with it. Anyone ever use it?