TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As of this moment we need 511 more minutes of activity! I'm going to do some Zumba soon; at least 30 minutes. Good job with the belly dancing!!! Keep up the posting!!! Wish I didn't need to sit so long this weekend working on our taxes....ugh! But they're finally done! Yay!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well, I just grabbed my hula hoop to help adding some minutes... Lets see how long I can go. ;)
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'll dust off the treadmill in the basement and lace up my running shoes.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Just went on a walk with husband. Now I wish we would have walked longer.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've got 12 minutes to add for today, but that's it. Sorry. I'm hoping to try to get up and workout in the morning to try to get a sense of normalcy but that doesn't help for this week. :(
  • leannev68
    Options
    Way to go ladies! Great team effort! Every little bit counts!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a break and checking in, just did 90 minutes full incline, brisk walk. I also have 65 minutes from today, includes all belly dance video plus my normal stretching. I'm aiming for 30 more minutes on the treadmill. I'll post my final numbers on the spreadsheet when done. Hope that helps!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Just added some extra minutes. I worked out at the pool in the hotel. I was the only adult in the pool and interacted with the kids and had a blast. I wear formals frequently because of the organizations I belong. I love formals. My favorite place to find them is Ross or thrift stores. I found a pretty blue one for $.94
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for taking a break last week. But I'll be back at daily workouts starting tomorrow. I've done some YouTube searches and found a good handful of low impact 30 minute workouts. And will also continue on with strength training Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I have been all out of sorts the last 2 weeks but will not give up on the challenge! My stress/mind are all over the place. I have my tummy tuck and arm lift scheduled for June 10th and I think that is really messing with my emotions.

On the bright side, I am 67 days away from it and have a meeting with a personal trainer tomorrow morning. I hope to drop this last 10ish lbs before surgery but in reality just want to be stronger to heal great during recovery. Diet needs to get back on track too. Easter candy, date night, lunches with girlfriends, A LOT of overtime in preparation for the expense of surgeries. All a total mess, LOL. I'm bloated and frustrated. Ew. :wink:
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi to my Awesome Team! I was able to finish the stair challenge last night at home & also got some cleaning done! I've had some IKEA shelves sitting in my 2nd floor hallway that needed to be put in the basement so I made several trips up & down the 2 flights carrying pieces of shelving . I still had 10 flights to go after that so my daughter cheered me on & even joined me for the last few!
    I also put off doing the belly dancing videos till last minute & had to do them with a stomach full of chili sloshing around! Ugh!
    This weeks challenge looks very doable, I'm just not sure about the accountability challenge so I'll wait for some clarification on that.

Leanne & Melissa- You have both achieved so much already , I'm sure you'll reach you goal weights if you set your mind to it!
    Gayle- Have fun trying to top that red dress, sounds like it was a big hit! You do know how to find some bargains... 94 cents! That's crazy! How nice to have a reason to get dressed up in formal a too!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am hoping our team doesn't get broken up but I understand with so many drop outs.
    I agree this weeks challenges look doable. I worry about the miles but I will try my best and I think I have an idea on the accountability one but will wait to see it explained also
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Hi my favorite team ever !
    Another week gone...

I like the roadblock 2, it's a great motivation to do a little more this week!
    I had a great day, already 8 miles done.
    I want to do some meal prep also tonight.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Hey! Guess we're all going to visit Olena in Kiev!!! Wow Connie, way to push it for the team!!! I don't fully understand the accountability challenge as of yet...think I'll check out what others have entered and go from there. Good job Isabelle on getting so many miles already! I do 8-9 miles a day on my stationary bike but I guess that doesn't count. I don't usually keep track of distance when I walk because my fitbit doesn't have GPS, but I'll try using my Pacer app again on my phone. Might look up if there's a conversion out there for steps...

So the spreadsheet is up and running and I see many of you have already logged info!! Man, this team is so on top of everything!!! We actually ended up going over the miles for last week!!! So incredibly proud of this team!
  • leannev68
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    I'm taking a break and checking in, just did 90 minutes full incline, brisk walk. I also have 65 minutes from today, includes all belly dance video plus my normal stretching. I'm aiming for 30 more minutes on the treadmill. I'll post my final numbers on the spreadsheet when done. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your amazing contribution to the team Pam! You rock! Love your attitude!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Just added some extra minutes. I worked out at the pool in the hotel. I was the only adult in the pool and interacted with the kids and had a blast. I wear formals frequently because of the organizations I belong. I love formals. My favorite place to find them is Ross or thrift stores. I found a pretty blue one for $.94

I feel I would love to go shopping with you, Gayle! It would be a blast and I'd save so much $$$$!
  • leannev68
    Options
    I feel bad for taking a break last week. But I'll be back at daily workouts starting tomorrow. I've done some YouTube searches and found a good handful of low impact 30 minute workouts. And will also continue on with strength training Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

No need to ever feel bad Rose! We all have those weeks! Sounds like you are already back on track in a major way! Lately I've been enjoying Erin O'brien workouts. Mostly low impact but really gives you a good sweat. I read about her when I was researching Jillian Michaels reviews and someone said that Erin was good because she's "nicer" than Jillian and she always seems to say the right things at the right times to encourage you. I agree. So later this month I'm planning on alternating between the "mean lady" (Jillian) and the "nice lady" (Erin).
  • leannev68
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I have been all out of sorts the last 2 weeks but will not give up on the challenge! My stress/mind are all over the place. I have my tummy tuck and arm lift scheduled for June 10th and I think that is really messing with my emotions.

On the bright side, I am 67 days away from it and have a meeting with a personal trainer tomorrow morning. I hope to drop this last 10ish lbs before surgery but in reality just want to be stronger to heal great during recovery. Diet needs to get back on track too. Easter candy, date night, lunches with girlfriends, A LOT of overtime in preparation for the expense of surgeries. All a total mess, LOL. I'm bloated and frustrated. Ew. :wink:

Nice to hear from you Melissa! I find trying to do the challenges in addition to the minutes of activity very helpful to helping me reach some of my mini goals. That's one of the many things I like about this group and the race...I'm so busy having fun and trying do the challenges that I sometimes forget I'm doing this to get in shape!!!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Did 3.5 miles not a bad start only 22.5 more. I would love to walk at lunch tomorrow but with 6 inches of snow out there and my hospital isn't walking friendly. Hopefully by the end of the week the snow will be melted
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Hi again friends,

For the accountability challenge you need to post in this thread. Just read the other posters and you'll get it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10365492/accountable-to-me-challenge#latest

Speaking of saving money, today I bought 5 pairs of jeans/pants and one pair of shoes and it cost me 18$.

Funny fact: Of the 5 pairs of pants, 2 are size 10, 2 are size 8 and one is size 4 (?!?) lol
    So, never believe a label.

That said, I think last time I wore those sizes (lets say 10-9-8) I was in my early teenage years.