Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Wow, great deals Isabelle! I love saving money :smiley:
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Isabelle I can't believe the total spent. I never have luck finding prices that low
    great NSV it can be such a boost of confidence
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Isabelle... I would be happy in any of the sizes you bought. I would also love to go shopping with you :)
  • bm1409
    Options
    Went to the track twice today. I was hoping to get a little more miles in than I did, but it was hot outside on the second trip. I have asian barbecue mahi-mahi cooking in the oven so one day of fish will be done..... actually two days, because there will be leftovers for tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Great job Brigitte working on a roadblock and the nutritional challenge!!

I was working on trying to get miles in but I'm not sure I will be able to even get near the 26 miles this week. I'll probably use what time I can to try I guess just in case there is some strange way that it does work out, but you can probably count me out on those points. I will try to make sure that I can get the other bonus points to try to help the team as much as I can. I am finding that preoccupying my mind with working out does help but I am having trouble trying to get my husband involved and he is not dealing well at this time so I feel it's best to try to help him in whatever way I can in the evenings. This week might not be as good as normal either but I will do my best and hopefully next week will be even better. Great job, Team Awesome!!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    Did 3.5 miles not a bad start only 22.5 more. I would love to walk at lunch tomorrow but with 6 inches of snow out there and my hospital isn't walking friendly. Hopefully by the end of the week the snow will be melted

Yes, the weather in New England has been very NON-Spring like. I've rediscovered the treadmill in the basement. I had first used it 3 years ago when I started this MFP journey. Back then I had to force myself to do 20 minutes a day, it was hard. Woo-hoo, NSV, I've been walking at night and it's no big deal. I've got 9 miles in and am pushing to get it all done by Friday because I'm going to be gone for the weekend. Being on a team with all of you is so inspiring, you all keep me motivated. I made stuffed cabbage (veggie version) last night, very good, first time I've ever made them. (I'm still eating fava bean hummus lol, it's tasting better as it sits.) Hope today finds everyone happy and safe. Team one really IS awesome! :)
  • bm1409
    Options
    Made mahi mahi last night. I was hoping there would be left overs, but husband finished it off. I bought some salmon but I have never made it before. Can anyone suggest a good recipe?
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok Mother Nature I am ready now for spring. I don't mind my treadmill I just miss doing activities outside. Thankfully I got another 3.3 miles done on my treadmill
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    Ok Mother Nature I am ready now for spring. I don't mind my treadmill I just miss doing activities outside. Thankfully I got another 3.3 miles done on my treadmill

Good job on the treadmill!

Snow storm here today! :disappointed:

Oh well. I took a rest day.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    will you post the Stuffed cabbage recipe? does anyone live in Indianapolis?? I will be there in June. My Daughters of the Nile Supreme Session will be there.
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! This week is already shaping up nicely! The scale was finally kind to me this week!! Hope it continues! Love the challenges once again! Now to try some fish recipes (not a big cabbage fan, unless it's in coleslaw!)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    We're having salmon burgers tomorrow and Friday. I love those :smiley: And I'll make sure to have tuna for lunch one day this week. That will get me the food challenge points. I'll do the kettlebell workout on Sunday (with DB, I don't have a kettlebell).
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great job Brigitte working on a roadblock and the nutritional challenge!!

I was working on trying to get miles in but I'm not sure I will be able to even get near the 26 miles this week. I'll probably use what time I can to try I guess just in case there is some strange way that it does work out, but you can probably count me out on those points. I will try to make sure that I can get the other bonus points to try to help the team as much as I can. I am finding that preoccupying my mind with working out does help but I am having trouble trying to get my husband involved and he is not dealing well at this time so I feel it's best to try to help him in whatever way I can in the evenings. This week might not be as good as normal either but I will do my best and hopefully next week will be even better. Great job, Team Awesome!!

I give you a lot of credit for sticking with us at such a difficult time & glad you feel working out is helping you. Don't worry about not getting all the challenges or miles in, I feel our team is so strong & supportive that we'll make sure we get it done!
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I was able to wake up in time for my first session with the new personal trainer! Talk about jello legs WOW But its done and I feel great.
  • farmerpam1
    Options
    will you post the Stuffed cabbage recipe? does anyone live in Indianapolis?? I will be there in June. My Daughters of the Nile Supreme Session will be there.

I basically used what I had, sautéed garlic, onions and zucchini, added a leftover bocca burger(veggie burger), hard boiled egg whites, and tomato sauce. It seemed too watery, so I threw in some dry oats. I wrapped the filling in boiled cabbage leaves, topped with tomato sauce and baked. The macros weren't too bad, 65 calories each, 4 grams of protein.:)

• lbenson2006
    Options
    Pam - sounds yummy. Hope to try sometime but I'm not that great of a cook.

Melissa - congrats on first training session and all your upcoming procedures.

Connie - thanks so much. The support we get from our team is absolutely amazing and helps tremendously with this challenge. It really motivates you to do as much as you can.

Leanne - so excited that your scale finally decided to cooperate. So happy for you!!

• lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options

I give you a lot of credit for sticking with us at such a difficult time & glad you feel working out is helping you. Don't worry about not getting all the challenges or miles in, I feel our team is so strong & supportive that we'll make sure we get it done!

I must agree with that! Lesley you are impressive! We are lucky to have you here and again, my hearth is with you!

Not feeling so good the past 2 days. Hope this will past.

This weekend I'm going to my mother but it's fine since she is also watching her weight, so we will do this together. I try to motivate her the best I can. I know her, she is good at "starting" but usually it doesn't last very long. I hope she will stick with it this time.

I'm a little worried about getting all the miles I need since tomorow I will be travelling there and wont be able to do miles. I will try to get it done saturday and sunday! I have about 8 miles left to do.

• gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Today's task -went through all my clothes and got everything that was not a size large or 14-16 for pants. I have lots of clothes that needs to go to a rummage sale!
  • farmerpam1
    Options
    I got up early to finish miles, this walking is very time consuming, and I'm so tired of being on a treadmill in the basement! (I haven't been cycling enough because of it!) I'm on the road today, I've got everything done and logged. I'll be in the car, then a train for hours today, but I plan on walking a lot for the rest of the weekend, I just don't know if I can log because I don't have a cell phone, I'm hoping I can use a friend's phone when I'm down there. Going to walk all over New York City, I was hoping to go up the stairs in the Empire State building, but researched and found it's not allowed, too bad, that would have been a killer workout!
    Today's task -went through all my clothes and got everything that was not a size large or 14-16 for pants. I have lots of clothes that needs to go to a rummage sale!

^Yay! ( I found the best thing for me was to get rid of the "fat" clothes as I out grew them, less chance of gaining if I didn't have anything to wear.) Great NSV for you!
    Have a great week end all, be back Monday night.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Isabelle, thanks and good luck this weekend! Hopefully your example can encourage your mom to stick with it. That's the best we can hope for from our loved ones. Hope you start feeling better soon. It is really hard to want to stay committed and exercise when you are not feeling well.

Gayle, that is so awesome. And now you will be helping others get the kinds of great deals you are able to get. Paying it forward!

Pam, have a great trip. I'll be going to NYC for the first time this July for work. I cannot wait. Good job getting your miles in. I completely get your frustration with switching up your workouts just to try to get these bonus points. Have a safe trip!