TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    It's OK Isabelle. We all have to have days like that. I am hoping that I can get some more minutes in this week than the last couple. The other team is killing us so far on the bonus points. That's where I have slacked lately so I am so happy to have gotten them all in already. We are an awesome team, so i think we can do this!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    We're still in the lead!!! Woooooo!!!
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yes we are! We're doing amazingly! However to keep our lead we all need to make an effort to complete as many challenges as possible. Lesley's right. Team 6 is killing us in the challenges. Let's finish these last couple of weeks strong!!!! Use whatever competitive edge you have to help yourself and your team!!!! Go team Awesome!!!!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    So I have broken foot. I kicked some furniture last night. I will be doing chair exercises and chair yoga classes. Also band videos. I still be able to
    Get minutes

Oh no Gayle, sorry to hear! I've been laying low with exercise minutes, I walked so darn much this weekend I wound up with shin splints. I was so disappointed to only lose a measly .02 pounds after that, but I'm over it, better than a gain, right? And then our internet was down, very motivating to read what everyone is up to now. We have amazing weather for the weekend, planning on some butt burning biking and hiking to make up for my laziness in the beginning of the week. I'll get all challenges done also. Curry for dinner tonight. Hope your all having a sunny warm day!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I loved this weeks challenges. My daughter is always buying & trying new spices so I borrowed one of hers called Hot Habanero & Green Chili. I used it on chicken, which was good, but I think it would be good to put in chili .
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I put tumeric in my stew. it is supposed to help with inflammation which with my foot it will help. I also have done a bunch of seated exercise. I did do some walking not very fast but anything to keep exercising. I also have just recently posted my before and after pictures. I have lost a lot of inches over the last year.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't know many spices I haven't tried. Used curry for the first time a recipe in the winter challenges so I was thinking of trying tumeric also. Just need to find a recipe to use it in!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I don't know many spices I haven't tried. Used curry for the first time a recipe in the winter challenges so I was thinking of trying tumeric also. Just need to find a recipe to use it in!

I always add turmeric to my eggs.
  • cjborkowski
    Options
    @bm1409 - thanks for the tip! I also saw tumeric used with roast cauliflower or in mashed sweet potatoes. I guess I'll decide once I buy it & see what I feel it would go well with. I'll do that tomorrow as this week is coming to an end already!
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Started with a trainer the past week and it's been great but now my diet is off track lol. Did several of the challenges this week though so that's a plus.
  • gawworthington
    Options
    I will post a loss even with a broken foot. Chair exercise is still exercise and burning the calories. I was traveling and ate at a very high end restaurant as part of a banquet event. I made good choices and splurged a little too but it did not affect my overall numbers. Very happy this mornings. The best was MFP told me I am 78% to my goal which is 24 lbs away. If I recommit and heal my foot I could make it in the next three months. My one year anniv to changing the way I eat is April 21st and my one year on MFP is May 30th. I hope to hit 100 lbs lost from my first MFP weigh-in by my one year anniv. Which I feel very motivated about now. And by posting it I feel more accountable to you all.

• cjborkowski
    Options
    That's an amazing accomplishment in one year Gail! It must feel amazing! Stay committed & yes you can still exercise with a broken foot, it just becomes more challenging. I saw a post on the success stories by a man who lost a significant amount of weight & got his body in great shape while using a wheelchair, so it can be done!
  • leannev68
    Options
    So awesome to read that Gayle! Yes I agree sharing it with us is very motivating. Accountability is key! Congrats!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Having to slow down a bit today. Have been in denial that I was getting a cold and today it set in big time. Will try to do as much activity as I can. Would go for a walk but the weather here is so miserable. We are doing well in the activity area but more team members need to do and post the challenges this week! Let's go team!!!
  • gawworthington
    Options
    For those with bad weather find a video to workout with. Minutes of activity are good I pick the type I want and find something on YouTube.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Ok team! Just checked the spreadsheet and at this moment, we are 55 challenge points behind team 6! Please remember to update the spreadsheet after you have completed your challenges! Keep that awesomeness flowing!!! :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    We were only 5 points behind earlier, so they obviously still have people logging bonus points just like we hopefully do. I didn't really exercise much today but I walked the trash can down the drive which I normally try to do for exercise, so I set my activity tracker so I knew how long and it took 5 minutes there and back (our driveway is pretty steep so the walk back up is quite fun lol). That along with doing my squat challenge gets me 8 minutes but you never know if it will get us that next bonus so I will log them tomorrow. Good job everyone and looking forward to next week's challenge.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just posted my numbers for the past few days. All challenges done. I'll try and get better about posting them daily. Where should I post my progress test numbers? The sheet has 4/26 for the date. (I missed the 3/26 test, didn't know we were supposed to do it.)

It's really so motivating to see and hear about everyone's progress, let's keep it going team and finish strong!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think we got this week. Fingers crossed.
    I did my reassessment earlier in the week but must've forgot to post so I did that this morning. Good job everyone, our team is doing excellent. I have done other challenges and this team has been the most helpful by far.
    Weather looks good this week so I hope to add some time walking outdoors at lunchtime
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    WOW ladies, we have done a phenomenal job this week. After seeing Laura's post above, I went and checked the spreadsheet. Even if we couldn't pull out a win this week (though it looks like we will), it is so amazing to see so much posted. That just about made me want to cry (obviously emotional today anyway). You are all so amazing and motivating. Joining this challenge has been one of the best things I have done in this lifetime. Happy Monday!!