TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job this week ladies! There's still a bit of confusion regarding the accountability challenge so I'll wait until later tonight or early tomorrow morning to do the final tally but right now we're sitting at 984 points for this week!!! Really surprised that everyone did the Yoga challenge (which I felt quite challenging) yet not everyone did the sleep one! Actually kind of funny! The spice one I thought would have been pretty easy and the accountability did not have to involve pictures...just an update to any changes you've noticed. So if any of you are thinking maybe you did do or could do those challenges, post your data by tonight! Thanks!!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Accountability info can be posted either on the progress pics announcement or the pre assessment announcement. No pics necessary on either!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good morning team. I've come to look forward to Tuesday morning weigh ins. I lost another .02 pounds and am learning to be happy with the small losses. I'm five pounds from goal and it certainly is harder the closer I get. This challenge has been so helpful. Am going hiking this morning with a friend, will put a 5 pound weight in my backpack to get that one done. And who doesn't love Italian and tomatoes?! We've got this one, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some sunshine today. :)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Congrats Pam! Enjoy your hike today. That sounds like it would be tons of fun. Enjoy your sunshine and have a great day!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    The hike sounds great! We're having spaghetti tonight so that one will be crossed off the list.

I hope everyone has a very enjoyable day :smiley:
  • leannev68
    Options
    I just have to say how amazing this team is! So inspired by all of you! This week looks interesting! Really not sold on the yoga thing but I'm planning to try this week's video. The added weight challenge I find really intriguing. Although I've basically stayed at the same weight so far this challenge, I would like to try adding on some of the weight I've lost over the last year. I have a weighted vest that holds up to 20 lbs. Even though that is less than half the weight I've lost, I'm still curious how it will be to carry around that extra weight. Going to try wearing it during my walk after work today!
    Really excited about heading to Italy! Although my first thought was pasta and gelati!!! Yum! Went to Italy a few years ago and I'm sure I gained 10 pounds in one week!!! So it's difficult for me to think of Italy in terms of weight loss! lol.
    So glad my cold/flu thing didn't last long. It really felt like it was going to be a bad one. But I'm attributing my rapid recovery to the spices from last week!!! My personal accountability goal this week is to get more sleep. Stay strong team! Keep logging in that activity and challenges! Have a great rest of the week!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    I'm happy you're feeling better Leanne :smiley:

I have an interest way to carry around my lost weight (I've lost 11.6 lbs since the start of the challenge). I can get another Yorkie and carry around two Yorkies ... 'cause they're awesome and make me happy LOL.

I'm eager to lose the next 2.5 lbs, because that will take me from the Obese BMI category to the Overweight category. A milestone that will only be rivaled by reaching the NORMAL range!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I haven't really lost a lot of pounds, but I have lost some inches. Last summer I lost 10 pounds and have kept it off. Today I walked around the track holding 10 pound weights. I cant believe what a difference 10 pounds make. It made me realize how awesome it will feel to lose another 10 pounds! What a great challenge!
  • leannev68
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior You have achieved so much Rose! I have a love/hate relationship with the BMI. I'm actually very comfortable with the weight I'm at now for my height but it keeps saying I'm overweight. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but I do know I'll feel really good when I get in the "normal" range. (Whatever normal is, right?)
    I got so excited we're actually starting to have nice weather, I forgot to put on my weighted vest tonight during my walk. Darn it! Will try again on Friday. Someone remind me!!! lol
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Weather was clear enough when I got off work to go for a walk in the neighborhood. I don't have a "good" back pack but had a cheapie with a pull string closure that I thought was suitable. I loaded it with 2 5lb weights, 2 3lb weights and headed out. The cords cut into my shoulders so I cut my walk short. Need to hit the thrift store and find one with padded straps.
    The stair challenge I have been doing at work, we have been grabbing boxes of label stock (20-25 lbs) and carring them up & down the stairs Wow, my calves and thights HATE me but it is getting better.
    This week's yoga video is good but I am really liking my friends on-line yoga classes. Plus we have girl gab time afterwards so it's great!
    I halved a bunch of cherry tomatoes (15-20) and mixed them into a ceasar salad, it was a tasty variation.
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eatingca rainbow daily and doing 50 flights of stairs a day for my pick your own accountability challenge. Rainbow mon√tues√wed√ Stairs Mon 81, Tues84, weds 70
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    ts0bq6kw667n.jpg
    I've been meaning to get in here and try to post a before and now picture but having trouble figuring all this out. Having to post this one from my work computer because that is where the picture is stored and will try to post two more from my phone right away. This is from July 2008 which would be close to my top weight but I think I would have already started the weight loss journey so may have already lost some by this picture. The next two (if they post correctly) will be from last October and then on Sunday when I was so excited when I put on the same swimsuit and tried to recreate the pose I was in on the first picture.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Here goes nothing. Lol
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Loved the thought of you buying another Yorkie for the purpose of this challenge, Rose. Was quite cute to picture. LOL
    Glad you are feeling better Leanne, and we will try to remember to remind you to wear the weighted vest tomorrow, but no promises. My memory sucks!!
    Brigitte, 10 pounds was my amount too, and that did start to get really heavy by the end of the walk. It is so crazy. I think that roadblock is so amazing. If I look at total weight loss over my entire journey so far, we are talking over 75 pounds. I'm not even sure I could lift that and I used to carry that around on a daily basis. It can just completely blow your mind when you think about it.
    Tammy, so proud of you for doing such challenging pieces for the accountability challenge. It must also be really peaceful walking around your neighborhood at those times. It would be pretty nice to experience that.

Have a great Thursday team. It is so amazing that we still have so many members so committed to this team. I feel genuinely sorry for the other teams that have lost so many members. We ended up getting such a spectacular team. YEAH!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Great photos Lesley!! Beautiful transformation!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So took yesterday off for our anniversary went out to dinner but managed to do the tomato challenge today I feel yucky. Not sure if it was heavy greasy foods from dinner or the spring allergies. Wish I felt better and could enjoy this great weather we are having
    Lesley your photos are amazing
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Great progress Lesley! You look so good! Congratulations!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Happy anniversary Laura!! Glad you enjoyed it and celebrated. It is not worth it if we cannot live every once in a while. :) Thanks everyone. It really is crazy when you can look back on those older pictures and hopefully it is enough to prevent me from ever letting it get that out of control again.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Here goes nothing. Lol

Wow, I'd say that's something! You've done a fantastic job and look awesome!

Glad you're feeling better Leanne. Tammy you're really going strong, keep it up! And Rose, congrats on being only 2.5 from your next milestone!
    I'm trying hard to like yoga, but some of the moves start to hurt my back, I've been on you-tube trying out some other workouts. I had no idea yoga could be so challenging.
    llmg970 wrote: »
    So took yesterday off for our anniversary went out to dinner but managed to do the tomato challenge today I feel yucky. Not sure if it was heavy greasy foods from dinner or the spring allergies. Wish I felt better and could enjoy this great weather we are having
    Happy Anniversary, hope you're feeling better.:)
  • leannev68
    Options
    @lbenson2006 Love your photos Lesley! Looking fantastic and I bet you feel great too after all that progress!
    @llmg970 Hope you had a wonderful anniversary evening Laura! Hope you're feeling better soon!
    @jazzypdx Very brave to be carting those heavy boxes up those stairs!