Mel started the new group...look for Summer Sizzler
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oops...Sizzing Summer Meltdown Round Up :smiley:
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Sorry I've been MIA the last little while and sadly not very active. Knew this was going to be a weird week for me for various reasons. Just came home from the weight loss conference out of town where I received recognition for being 1st place winner for my weight loss in my category for the province. Quite the occasion! 2 days of being on stage and telling my story etc. Anyway, ironically all that driving and sitting at the conference made it almost impossible to get any exercise! Go figure! So I'm disappointed I wasn't able to do my part this past week. Really wanted to make this last week shine. However, I see many of you are certainly doing your part!!! Way to go!! Keep it up! Still one more day! I'm going to try to make it up as much as I can tomorrow!
    Also, will check out what Mel's got cooked up for us! Sounds very interesting! Glad so many of you are interested in staying as a team! Will definitely stay in touch with all of you!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Its been great being with everyone on this team. Everyone did amazing!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA last week. Spring weather, calves being born, manure to spread, shoveling and more shoveling. No hiking this week. It sounds as if everyone has had a busy week also, I just posted what I had, I still haven't done the yoga video, I'll try to get it done tonight. I'm not crazy about the yoga, I think that's why I've been putting it off. I enjoyed the boxing stuff though!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Pam, I will tell you that I really like some of the yoga I have found in the past but there definitely are some that are not as fun. These have not been quite up my alley so if you have not enjoyed them, I wouldn't completely rule out yoga forever based on them.

Leanne, so happy you had fun at your event and I hope when all the logging in the spreadsheet catches up, I hope all is looking OK. Things come up and we just have to do what we can do. You have been an amazing leader and I look forward to being on your team next go-round.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Sorry, but just noticed our # of posts was a bad number so....hi every one and hope you all enjoyed the last week of our awesome team!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Leanne, so good to hear your success story at the conference!! What a great feeling after all your hard work. Thanks for taking the time to be our leader and keeping it together, I know it's a lot of extra work for you. And a big shout out to all of team 1!!! It's been such an inspiration seeing how hard, and how far, everyone has come on their weight loss journey.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Did you see the nytimes articles on a 6 year study of BL contestants. I know I have been struggling with feeling very hungry lately and food that kept me full in the past does not work. I have been struggling not to overeat in the last three weeks.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Has everyone finished entering their activity and challenge info onto the spreadsheet? Please let me know if you need me to enter anything else on your behalf. We're not exactly going out with a bang here ladies! Team 6 will be very pleased to finally beat us!
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What are BL contestants?... Biggest loser??
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    That's right Tammy. I saw the article yesterday but never got to read it. If I can find it today I will see if I can get a link copied here. Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Just read the article and watched the video accompanying it. Part of it makes sense but I feel they didn't explain enough about the type and amount of exercise the past contestants were doing following the show. Also, many of us know, we don't just eat when we're hungry. Suppressing our appetites is not always going to work. So much of it involves a persons mental/emotional state. I think the key statement from that piece is about how most people cannot sustain the time and expense of having a team of consultants at your disposal like they did during the show. Yes I believe a persons metabolism is affected after such an extreme loss in such a short period of time. I believe that is part of my problem now. That and I'm not as young as I was the first time I lost a significant amount of weight. Although I certainly didn't lose the amounts the contestants did. I believe slow and steady loss is key.
    I've never seen the show but the way they describe the regime for some of those people is absolutely ridiculous. No surprise some of those people are messed up after the show!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I have done all the challenges and 700 minutes of exercise and weigh the same. I can't get to the spread sheet right now
  • lbenson2006
    Options
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am also having trouble with sheets app. I did all the roadblocks, Friday I did 55 minutes, Thursday was 90 minutes, I think I put down what I did on Wednesday as that was the day we did all the walking. @leannev68 can you check on this for me and thanks
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ok, I reloaded my sheets app and I think I was able to update my numbers.
  • leannev68
    Options
    @gawworthington I've put your stats in Gayle. Great week!
    Well, with 3 no-shows this week, we are 196 miles shy of Mexico. Too bad. In any case, it was an absolute pleasure heading up this wonderfully amazing team. We managed to stay in first place throughout almost the entire race!!! We were definitely the team to beat due to all of your hard work and dedication. Thank you to everyone and I hope we can be on a team together again later on this summer!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Thank you, Leanne, for all your hard work. And thank you to all of team awesome. I think the people we have on our team made this a huge success and I hope we all come together again for the next amazing race.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    leanne , thanks for your hard work. You made a awesome leader! We had a great team. I am glad I was a part of it!