TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    So I have private messaged a few members to see if they plan on adding more info to last weeks challenge. I will wait until tomorrow evening to tabulate our total for week 7. Unfortunately it appears we have a couple of members who haven't logged in to MFP for 6 days. Hope we haven't lost them! Maybe if some of you would like to message them too, to show we haven't forgotten about them! I know there are some people who are not able to check out this discussion thread as much as they'd like.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Chicago Laura, hope you have a great trip! Wrigley has a great atmosphere in a fun neighborhood. The Cubs are doing well this year with great expectations, enjoy the game even if you're not a fan. Millennium park is a beautiful place to visit if you are downtown & right across from the lake.
    I've got my Fitbit charged & ready to add all my steps so I'm off to a good start this week! I need to get back into logging all my foods too! Ready to recommit if I want to get this weight off!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Just had to say that Cheryl and Pam really rocked last week in the activity department! Wow! Look at those numbers!!! Way to go ladies! You have motivated me to step up my game! Excited to be off to Mexico! Love Mexican food! I know there isn't a recipe challenge here but I'll use any excuse to eat that food! I'm making fajitas tonight!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I finally was able to get the spreadsheet to work. My iPad would not let me edit it. My computer let me frustrating!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @cjborkowski thanks for the travel tips.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing minutes logged; Pam, Cheryl, Gayle, Tammy, Leanne....all had crazy amounts. I've not noticed before and only looked at my totals week to week. If we can have this same amount of minutes posted as a team, we will have no problem getting to Mexico this week.

Gayle, I have the same exact issue. I have never been able to edit the spreadsheet from my phone or ipod. I always have to be on a real computer to log my activity.

I was able to add in the boxing and Mexican hat dance videos this morning. They are both really short and for 25 points a piece, you cannot miss them. The yoga video is only 10 minutes this time, so I hope to get that in tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has a spectacular day!!
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So sorry I've been MIA for the last few weeks...work has been insane and really taking a lot out of me. I haven't lost any weight during this challenge, but I haven't gained any either, and I've maintained my exercise routine too, so I'm thankful for all of that! I have learned that while I've enjoyed this challenge and love having our small group, I do not like the videos! I wish I had a better excuse but I don't. And I feel like I've let the team down by not doing more of them. I will try to get us some extra points this week though...it's the last week after all!

The nicer/warmer weather has meant lots more walking for me the last couple weeks. This is a much needed source of stress relief! I don't know how much it helps the team to get in extra activity minutes, but hopefully it counts for something!

Finally just a silly anecdote: I was lucky enough to get last Friday off work, so I chose to "treat myself" to a Soul Cycle class because it was Hamilton-themed. For those who don't know, Hamilton is a new musical on Broadway and it's impossible to get tickets, so I thought this would be the next best thing AND a good way to get exercise. The instructor is on Broadway himself (in a different show), and some of his castmates were there. It was such a hard class! I do spin class at the gym a few days a week but Soul Cycle is on another level. I don't think it will ever be my regular thing but between the Broadway instructor and music, I figured this was the most I'll ever enjoy it. I took a "sweaty selfie" after I got home 20 minutes later because I was still beet red, and I will share it with all of you. Needless to say I felt pretty awesome about myself for the rest of the weekend. :smiley:

wi9k4lmjtztq.jpg
  • llmg970
    Options
    I have a question, we are in Chicago and did a ton of walking yesterday about 8 miles worth, probably more, how do I take credit for this time. My usual day of work is about 5-6,000 steps a day and I did almost 20,000 yesterday. And can I say we had a great time walking around. We saw the bean, the lake and the theater district. We road the "l" and my husband was excited we stumbled upon the "cook counties assessor a office". The only downside was the Cubs game got postponed. Wrigley field was cool. Glad we got to check that out. I can now say I have been to the two oldest baseball parks
  • leannev68
    Options
    @berylw49 good for you on that ultra spin class! Glad this challenge helped you to keep up your ex routine. It's done that for me too. Haven't really seen a big change on the scale either. So thankful you are part of this team! Hope you'll join me on the next one!!! Love your input and support on this thread !
  • leannev68
    Options
    @llmg970 I would count the approx time you walked while you were sightseeing. Especially if it was over and above your usual routine. Chicago sounds great! Enjoy the rest of your visit!
  • gawworthington
    Options
    I hope we can be together for the next challenge. I love you all.
  • leannev68
    Options
    I hope we can be together for the next challenge. I love you all.

I agree! Thank you to a wonderful team that put up with my gently intended "nudging" during this challenge! I would love to lead this amazing team again if you'll have me! :p
    For the next team challenge, however, I was thinking of trying out an app I use with the parents of my students. It's a program where the parents join through either text or email and then without me knowing their contact information, they can receive notices/announcements from me from time to time, either through texts or emails (their choice). It's absolutely free. It does have somewhat of a chat feature, and I have some parents that communicate with me through it, but generally, it's great if I have something I need all my families to know, I just send out a message. It's kind of like twitter, in that I'm limited to a number of characters in each message but it's very effective. I found my influence in these challenges to be limited due to the frequency members logged in to MFP. With the app I'm talking about, I could attempt to notify team members even when they've stopped logging on to MFP. And typically they are the ones who need the added boost at times! Anyways, let me know if you're interested in this kind of communication (no app to upload for you by the way and I can't add you, you have to join yourself with the simple instructions I would post for you).
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That sounds great Leanne! I'd love to keep this Awesome team together!!
    Laura, glad you're enjoying your trip & getting in all those extra steps. Too bad about the Cubs game & lousy weather! Do you have a Fitbit to calculate your steps? I'm sure there's a way you can convert all that walking to minutes.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Great idea Leanne! This team really rocks!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Spinning sounds like it would be pretty neat, Cheryl. Also can't remember, are you in NYC? I'm going there for the first time this July for a conference. I am so excited! Still trying to figure out our must dos since we won't have much personal time.

Leanne, I am so glad you are wanting to lead a team again. I look forward to being on your team with hopefully all of our same members. We are a phenomenal team and everyone is unbelievable. I look forward to the next challenge with all of you.
  • gawworthington
    Options
    It seems like along time until June. I am heading to conference in Indianapolis in june
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lesley yes, I'm in NYC. You'll have a great time here for sure!

I would love to do another challenge with this team. Do we know when the next one will be? I have some major work projects/deadlines this June, July, and August, in addition to a couple summer vacations, so staying on track is going to be really difficult. Anything I can do to stay accountable will help, and I would love to keep the group together!
  • llmg970
    Options
    I am in for the next team challenge also. I may not have lost much but I did lose and I think if I hadn't been a part of this team I wouldn't have done that well. I am very glad for the support we have given each other
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The challenge has been fun, you all have been so inspirational to me, I have so enjoyed the ride. It was good to be part of a team and challenge myself to just "move it" when I wasn't motivated to do it for myself. Sorry if I haven't been real chatty, or haven't followed up on all the conversations. I hope to land on a team with any/ all of you in June. Laura , sounds like Chi town has been good to you ( bummer about the game though), Cheryl that spin class sounded fun and a nice treat for yourself.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Cheryl - they have some details in the "Week 8 Newsletter". The next challenge (not the amazing race piece) is starting on 5/13 but it sounds like it might have some amazing race aspects in it but for individuals. Then another amazing race will begin on 6/20. I think I will probably be doing both in hopes to stay somewhat accountable. With different challenges because of it being summer, I don't know if I will be able to be as committed but will try my darnedest.