TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Some people have been asking me how I manage to have such a long logging in streak in MFP. My secret is setting a reminder on my phone calendar. Every evening around 9:30 it reminds me to log in. I also have one set to log in my weight for the amazing race days too.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Well, I had to skip the gym today because I have to leave early. However, I decided to go climb some stairs for 10 minutes and that helped ease the burden for the flights of stairs roadblock. Also, don't forget that for the original Spring Break Challenge, there was the 4 week fitness checkup (the one that we had to do the preassessment for). That popped into my brain because I was worried about forgetting that so I had reminders on my phone for those. LOL.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I also had to skip the gym, I forgot my phone at work, so on my laptop now, I am following a workout program on the bodyspace app and I am lost without my phone, I have already hit my stair quota having used the stairmaster the other day plus what I do work, where my phone is, can I say I am lost without my phone
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling back to myself after that rough break up 3 weeks ago. Luckily focusing on my fitness and overall well being is paying off and distracting me. It's nice to feel good about myself/body without any pressure from my ex. He used to push me to lose weight and I never really felt good about myself in that relationship.
  • leannev68
    Options
    khalley888 wrote: »
    Finally feeling back to myself after that rough break up 3 weeks ago. Luckily focusing on my fitness and overall well being is paying off and distracting me. It's nice to feel good about myself/body without any pressure from my ex. He used to push me to lose weight and I never really felt good about myself in that relationship.

Glad you're feeling better Kathleen. Sounds like you're in a healthy space!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Ok, I've been meaning to share a bizarre NSV moment I had a while back but I'm having trouble finding a way to tastefully share it and to keep it short. Oh what the heck, we're all pals here, right? Some of you might get a kick out of this.
    So years ago when we took our family to Disney, my daughter, who was around 8 at the time, always lamented about having to use the public washrooms because they always had those automatic flush toilets and it used to freak her out because her little bottom was too small for the sensor and it always flushed while she was still sitting on the toilet. See where I'm going here???
    Yes, the other day, for the first time, I had the same problem! And I almost cheered! Why do I feel that this is the only venue where people might appreciate this silly moment?? :p
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Lesley-That's great that you did the complete month of the squat challenge! You must feel great. I now do squats everyday because of it, but didn't get past 180. Like Leanne I've incorporated a few of the other exercises into my day. (I still say, "Okay lovies", when I do the torturous leg lifts from that one video.) And Kathleen, you've got this, so glad to hear you're taking care of your health for you. I didn't have any luck finding fava beans today, now I'm curious about what they taste like. I have one more store to check. Any other suggestions for Egyptian food?
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    So sorry Laura about the phone. It would be very hard to not have wanted to drive back to get it. I can't live without it or my iPod as I use each every night.

I am super happy Kathleen that you are feeling better. Life is tough and it throws us around. To be able to focus on you and make yourself healthier and happier is so awesome.

Love your nsv moment Leanne! Too cute. And aren't we all just so lucky and happy that we have this fantastic team to laugh with and vent to. This experience has been amazing for me so far and we aren't even halfway yet!!

Pam, I wouldn't even know where to look for fava beans. Congrats for being on a mission for them. Tremendous effort! As for other ideas, I am struggling too. I hate to miss out on relatively easy points but it would be so much easier if I could just go to the store with a country in mind and easily find a meal ready to eat. Guess that's asking too much!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    And I almost cheered! Why do I feel that this is the only venue where people might appreciate this silly moment?? :p

:mrgreen: Yay for cheering in public washrooms !! :mrgreen:

Well done for completing the squat challenge Lesley!

And Kathleen, I'm very pleased to read you! Take care of yourself ! <3

Today I had an other serving of Egyptian Gebna Makleyah and I liked it more than yesterday. Maybe I was hungrier ?! Still very salty though...

Good night team awesome! Thanks for being there! <3
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing the dumbbell/ arms challenge? I just finished my first 30 day and I am going to start again ( ding ding round 2!) I used 3lb dumb Bells first time around, just picked up a 5.lb set. Who's in??
    And I am doing the squat challenge again with 6 ladies at work. My ankle is much more flexible after working the first round modified.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've been meaning to share a bizarre NSV moment I had a while back but I'm having trouble finding a way to tastefully share it and to keep it short. Oh what the heck, we're all pals here, right? Some of you might get a kick out of this.
    So years ago when we took our family to Disney, my daughter, who was around 8 at the time, always lamented about having to use the public washrooms because they always had those automatic flush toilets and it used to freak her out because her little bottom was too small for the sensor and it always flushed while she was still sitting on the toilet. See where I'm going here???
    Yes, the other day, for the first time, I had the same problem! And I almost cheered! Why do I feel that this is the only venue where people might appreciate this silly moment??

That is hilarious! :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well. It's awesome to read!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Tammy - I am still working on the dumbbell arms challenge (think on day 23-ish, don't have it in front of me). I started out heavier on the bicep curls and have had to go down on weight as the numbers increased. LOL. I was telling a girl at work about completing the squat challenge yesterday and she said she would do it with me if I did it again, so we are starting it tomorrow. YEAH!! I find it was super easy that I started it on the first of the month, it helps avoid any confusion. I am definitely seeing results in both my legs and my arms, so I am pumped!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Inspired by Gayle and Cheryl, finally took the time to figure out the before/after photo feature on MFP. Also, Gayle's photos reminded me that I still had the same dress from the last time I allowed my picture to be taken. (It was at my son's grad 2 years ago, so it's not actually at my biggest size; that dress is size 16 and later I was in sizes 18) okaemf6zadgu.jpeg
  • leannev68
    Options
    Used a hair clip to tug back the folds of the dress.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Fantastic Leanne! Tremendous change :smiley:
  • leannev68
    Options
    Woohoo!! Fantastic Leanne! Tremendous change :smiley:

Thanks Rose!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    OMG Leanne you look so good. You even look younger. Love the haircut!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Thanks Brigitte!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    That is so amazing Leanne. Might have to try to figure out the whole before and after thing. I don't have may pics from being bigger, but my go to find for one of the worst happens to be one that is from a work retirement party so it is stored out there forever for anyone to access (among many other photos). I cannot tell you how tempting it is to want to "accidentally" delete it, but it is also a source of pride to say, "Yes I was that big, but look at me now!!" LOL.