TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'll work on the new spreadsheet for this week later today! Been battling the flu this weekend so really want to make up the activity this week!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    I'll work on the new spreadsheet for this week later today! Been battling the flu this weekend so really want to make up the activity this week!
    Hope you are feeling better.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Thanks. I do feel better. Did my regular workout this morning with lighter weights to ease back after my shoulder injury earlier. What a mess! Anyway, I think I have the spreadsheet set up (I usually notice a few details I forget later) but go ahead and post away! Still waiting to hear Melodie's answers regarding some good clarification questions others had about the challenges. Have a great week everyone! I'm on spring break so it's always harder for me to get my steps in, but I'll give it my best effort. Looking forward to hopefully walking more outside!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Gayle that's great news congrats
    Leanne glad to hear that you are feeling better, nothing like a good flu to set one back
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    It is official - I am going to be a grandma in October, my Step daughter and husband are expecting!
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Gayle-congratulations!!
    Leanne-phone and flu, hope you're feeling better.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Stupid question on the flights of stairs...she says a normal story is 2 flights. This wouldn't pertain to stairs in your house too, would it? Thanks, and Happy Monday!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congrats Gayle! That's so exciting!

As I've posted on my newsfeed, I'm having serious issues with pain in my left hip. I have a doctor's appointment set for tomorrow, but for now my workouts are on hold. I have stairs in my house though and will do my best to get the 82 flights in during the week. My only wish now is to figure out what's wrong and get it fixed if possible. Sadly I'm at that age where, as Louis C.K. put it, things just get sh*tty and that's how it is LOL.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Rose- Sorry about your hip. Hope you find some answers & relief from your Dr appt. Having stairs in your home that you have to go up may get you to meet the challenge without even trying! I know I always need something that's on another level!
    Btw, I love Louis C.K.!! Ray Ramano has a funny bit where he describes the best friends to have at different ages, such as in your teens you need that friend with a car. Now at his age, he wants to meet friends that are doctors cuz his body is falling apart!! Lol
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    If you haven't seen it, watch this 3 minute bit from Louis C.K. on turning 40... omg I laughed so hard because that is EXACTLY how my doctor appointments have been going!

https://youtu.be/WzEhoyXpqzQ
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Rose- Sorry about your hip. Hope you find some answers & relief from your Dr appt. Having stairs in your home that you have to go up may get you to meet the challenge without even trying! I know I always need something that's on another level!
    Btw, I love Louis C.K.!! Ray Ramano has a funny bit where he describes the best friends to have at different ages, such as in your teens you need that friend with a car. Now at his age, he wants to meet friends that are doctors cuz his body is falling apart!! Lol

I'll be looking that up! Thanks :smiley:
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Gayle!
    Feel better, Leanne and Rose!

After a great week last week things totally fell apart over the weekend--I overate; yesterday was one of those days where it didn't matter what I ate, I was "hungry" and wanted more, calories schmalories. This resulted in a 2.5 lb gain this morning that I know is mostly water and which I was prepared for and expecting, but it's annoying nonetheless.

So here's to being back on track today. I'm still feeling hungry but am blaming that on TOM...will have to find a way to power through it. I've been drinking water all day and it is not helping. Some days are just like this, I guess. :(
  • leannev68
    Options
    @bm1409 Saw your favorite food post (don't forget to log your 10 points by the way) and wanted to let you know I've made a "faux" noodles and alfredo sauce using zucchini noodles and a cauliflower sauce instead of alfredo that is amazing similar to the real thing. Let me know if you want the recipe.
  • leannev68
    Options
    So in case the rest of you didn't know (I just found out), there is a discussion set up where you can post your favorite foods. Be warned, everything posted so far sounds delicious; it can make you hungry!!! Post your list and record your easy 10 points on our spreadsheet!! Now to go do my daily flights of stairs up and down to our basement. I figure if I go up and down 12 times average per day this week I should get my challenge done. I live in a small town with no multiple floor buildings. Even my school doesn't have stairs and our gym bleachers are usually folded up unless there's an event.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Fun fact: To achieve our cumulative miles for this week's challenge, we all need to have an average of at least 56 minutes per day. (By the way, the calculations in our spreadsheet are assuming 17 active team members; I've left akitamother10 and lcolpo on the sheet in case they come back, but I didn't count them in the calculations of our needed averages.)
  • leannev68
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior
    Love that video you posted. So true! I got the same treatment when I went earlier for my shoulder. That's why I didn't bother going to the doctor this last go around!!! :s
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    @bm1409 Saw your favorite food post (don't forget to log your 10 points by the way) and wanted to let you know I've made a "faux" noodles and alfredo sauce using zucchini noodles and a cauliflower sauce instead of alfredo that is amazing similar to the real thing. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Yes I would love the recipe thank you.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »

Yes I would love the recipe thank you.
    Please post for all. I would love it too. Finally tried spaghetti squash and I am in love!! We don't eat a lot of past because my husband thinks carbs are bad. Lol. We have also been doing a lot of mashed cauliflower lately. I can't get enough.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Leanne - thanks for breaking down the average minutes we would need per day. Also, that's smart to try to figure out how many times you'll have to do your stairs per day for it to work out.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Cheryl - I completely get the whole scale frustrations. We "cheated" over the weekend even though I attempted to keep my calories in check and my scale went up both days. I was happy to get back to the work week so that I could eat more regularly. I too was hungry all day long though for some reason. Hope it's better tomorrow.