TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    OK. I'll dig up the cauliflower "alfredo" recipe and post it tomorrow. And hey! I looked up Egyptian recipes because I was having a tough time wrapping my head around it and was so pleased that my daily hummus habit will pay off again!!! Although I will try to be more adventurous and seek out other Egyptian dishes. Never been a fan of falafel but maybe I haven't tried the right one yet...
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    My step-daughter lives in Seattle about 6 hours away. But our family and her mothers family lives in Walla Walla - which is two hours away.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Any other Egyptian foods worth noting that might be an easy get. Of course I had a salad with dinner so based on the bare minimum I think I could claim the points, but I would like to try a bit harder than that.

Gayle - that's still a pretty decent distance. It'd be nice if they were closer but at least they aren't halfway across the country. I don't know why, but I have always loved the sound of Walla Walla. It just sounds so fun to say.

I peaked at the team leaders thread (hope that that is ok) and it looks like we finally lost one. Good motivation to try to push a little harder this week. Since it's cumulative, we just need to keep up our momentum. Great job team!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Yup. Knew team 6 was gaining on us! Nothing like a little close competition to keep us on our toes!!!! We got this!! We'll get it this week!!!
  • Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I think I'm back. Since I'm not sure when I'll be able to buy new smartphone, I will be tracking on sparkpeople because their web app is easier for me to use than MFP. I'll read messages and will post in the challenge spreadsheet here.
    I think I've felt off the wagon. I've never lost my stuff because of the thieves and although I at first thought that's just a phone I have not felt good this week. Police is transferring my claim to another department because they think it should be investigated in another area so there is no investigation yet. Because of this and loads of work I stuff myself with chocolate. I wake up too early and feel nervous. Sorry for ranting, I know some members deal with much worse and my worries are just childish, but my voice of reason is suppressed by emotions. Anyway how do you unwind and get rid of the annoying thoughts? I've tried exercise, struggled for 15 minutes and quit.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out where I can find some steps at. I have a porch but it only has one step. The track I go to has a really steep hill going up to the pool area, which the workout would be like climbing stairs, but I dont think that will count. There is a few other tracks near by I can check out to see if they have any steps. I guess if all fails I can go up and down into my storm shelter. Oh wait...I do have a step latter that has 3 steps.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Gayle So happy for you !! This is a wonderful news!

@Rose I'm so sorry for your hip. I watch the video and I laughed! Thanks for sharing!
    Lykkelig_o wrote: »
    Anyway how do you unwind and get rid of the annoying thoughts?.

This is quite a arduous process. What I do is instead of getting emotionally involved in your annoying or negative thoughts, you try to just "observe" them. Because trying to chase thoughts is doable but usually it's hard. They come back over and over again and you have to chase them over again etc. But you can also just, watch them pass by your mind and let them go away. They will still come back but try to observe them and the effects they have on your emotions instead of fighting or getting involved to much. It's hard but it's worth a try. Try to not let them ruin your mood.

Another thing I try to do is, looking at the big picture and not focusing on the annoying details.
    I'm sure you will get through this, you are already doing great, don't forget that!

As for me, weight is back down and I'm happy about that.
    I'm still going suuuuper easy on my shoulder, neck, back but I'm killing my butt and legs!
    Good motivation to try to push a little harder this week.

I'm all in !
    I'm gonna try to put more (legs/cardio) minutes in this week!

• llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @rose. Good luck with doctor today

I am glad the scale moved in the right direction this week. I know last week I didn't put in all the exercise time I could have. I missed Saturday to go shopping for new furniture and oh my gosh we spent so much money.
    so this week I plan to do all of my workouts and hopefully a little more
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Well I can't find the post explaining the roadblocks of this week and I haven't read it yet...

Is it me or it's gone ?

Anyway, could someone quickly tell me about the "flight of stairs" one because I'm going to the gym this afternoon so I think I could do this on the machine kindly baptise "stairway to hell" by our lovely Lesley! ;)
  • leannev68
    Options
    82 flights of stairs.
  • leannev68
    Options
    @bm1409 @lbenson2006
    Lots of recipes for the cauliflower Alfredo online but this is the one I used. I added lots of Parmesan and pressed fresh garlic. Tossed it with zucchini noodles.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/238072/cauliflower-fettuccine-alfredo/
  • leannev68
    Options
    If needed I can post another summary of the challenges this week, but the way I've set up the spreadsheet it's pretty much laid out there. But I know some of you have limited access to it so let me know!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Ok. I'm up another pound!!! This is crazy!! I know it's been suggested that maybe this is the weight I'm supposed to be at and I'm actually pleased with the size I am right now generally. But I'm only 5'2" and that stupid BMI chart keeps saying I'm right at the brink of being overweight still.
    Going for my physical at the end of this week and I'm going to ask my doctor what might be going on. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to except for not getting enough sleep and having some added stress. I do actually think I have developed more muscle as parts of me are definitely becoming more solid and toned so that's happening.
    So glad I have this challenge and everyone on this team! You really make it easier to hang in there.
    Thanks for letting me vent !! At least all this exercise is keeping my spirits up. Love that "runner's high"!
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Leanne! :( Hang in there, don't give up and please feel free to vent all you want.

I went on the stair machine at the gym for 25 minutes and did 90 flights of stairs, so that one is check! So is the food list.

Pretty happy with my day!
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Oh wait...I do have a step latter that has 3 steps.

Brigitte, you made me smile. Can't help but picturing you going up and down your step latter. :mrgreen:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    @bm1409 @lbenson2006
    Lots of recipes for the cauliflower Alfredo online but this is the one I used. I added lots of Parmesan and pressed fresh garlic. Tossed it with zucchini noodles.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/238072/cauliflower-fettuccine-alfredo/

thank you....looks good.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love having to do the stair challenge this week. A coworker & I try to do 6 flights of stairs whenever we work together so this ties right in! I'm surprised to hear so many on our team have a hard time finding stairs to do, I seem to encounter them constantly! I used to avoid them but now I use stairs as an extra fitness boost!
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Well that was a productive day...

I just did this egyptian recipe. Thought my boyfriend would enjoy that I lot. He's not back from work, so I don't know yet.
    As for me, I liked it but not so much, very salty. But hey, I tried! ... and we get 10 more points :wink:
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Checking in, I'm afraid I ate my way through a bag of chocolate this weekend. And that's why I don't bring it into the house. Rose-hope you're feeling better, I laughed at the video, thanks. I've been going up and down the stairs in our house with 10 pound weights. I haven't made an Egyptian dish yet, thinking of trying fava bean hummus. Leanne, thanks for the recap on how many minutes we need, I'll get on it.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Rose - Finally watched the Louis C.K. bit, that was HILARIOUS!! Watched at work so had to keep the laughter to a minimum. LOL

Olena - So glad you are back. You are a great member on this team and it is so nice to have you back. I hope you don't stress too much about all the troubles going on. I cannot imagine the vulnerability you must be feeling having something (especially your phone) stolen from you. I hope you are now able to get your mind off of it a little bit. I think venting on here will help, it is nice to get support from the fellow teammates.

Sorry, Brigitte, that now it looks like someone has roped you into daily 30 minutes strolls up and down your porch to look like a crazy, drunk woman. LOL. Couldn't help but laugh when I saw your post on the other thread. Maybe the storm shelter stairs might be the way to go in this instance.

Laura - glad the scale finally cooperated. I know that even though we are told not to stress over the scale and use other indicators, but I live and die by the scale. LOL. I am obsessed with it. Congrats on the furniture purchase. I know what a pain that is because we have been looking for new living room furniture for probably over a year now. LOL.

Leanne - sorry about the scale for you. I hope that you can keep up the optimism and not give in to the bad temptations. Glad the exercise is keeping your spirits high!! Hopefully the doctor will have some advice, because that is so frustrating!! Venting here always helps, doesn't it.

Isabelle - that was a very productive day...it must feel great to have two roadblocks done and out of the way. Good job!!

Connie - That is great that you have that motivation at work. I only work on the second floor so am getting in "2" flights in the morning and then when I get back from going to the gym. At home, I typically only go downstairs to do my morning workout so only getting one per day there and at the gym, I am counting each one as 1.5 flights. Definitely going to have to do some random stair climbing to get to the required amount for the week.

Pam - Sometimes we have to splurge. :) Just have to get back on it and not let it bring us down. I am lucky that most of the time it is out of sight, out of mind. I bring in dark chocolate candy to share with my coworkers and before I became all gung ho, I was eating the crap out of it. Since I have regained my motivation, I think I have had one piece, aside from my Hershey's Kisses which I normally do two per day. However, after the no sugar challenge, I have been doing them less and less.

WOW - didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted....sorry guys. I think this will hopefully keep me a little more on track when it comes to this thread!! My happy moment today is that I successfully completed day 30 of the squat challenge!!

Happy Wednesday!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Great to hear from you Lesley! Great accomplishment finishing that squat challenge! I find that I am adopting a lot of the weekly challenges here into my regular routine. I'm still sticking with that water intake challenge and I really enjoy that intense inner thigh video that was posted. Think I'll look into some of her other videos that might be out there somewhere. Many of the other challenges posted I was already doing...just nice to have that affirmation that I'm on the right track; already take omega 3 supplements, eat way too many avocados anyway and always have at least one egg each day. I'm on spring break from school life and am trying to get outside to walk as much as possible! Getting lots of minutes for our spreadsheet and feeling great!