TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    Just getting a minute to catch up on posts. Cheryl, Gayle and Melissa, such an accomplishment, you guys look amazing! And Lulloa, hoping you're staying safe. I'm trying hard to log minutes at the end of the day, so as not to make this too difficult for you Leanne, thanks for all the work you're doing. I feel a bit guilty because I gained .01, that shouldn't mess the team up too much, :neutral: I hope.

Does our weight loss affect our team results? If so I am also really sorry to let my team down with my .8 gain. I already felt bad just knowing I had too many cheat meals and it affected me personally
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder everyone.... the scale is not the best indicator for weight loss, especially when you are working out. A lot of times you can be losing inches and the scale will still go up. Fat weighs more then muscle. Taking measurements and the way your clothes are fitting are better ways to tell that your doing something right! I still love my scale and I want it to go down, but as long as my jeans are getting looser, I know I am on the right track.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    LOL. I get the scale frustrations and the logic that other things should give you more of a gauge, but it is so hard when you are staring at that number. As far as it effecting the team, I don't think it does. I believe that that is only a part of the original challenge. I have a hard time remembering that the Amazing Race piece is technically an add on to the original challenge. The original challenge also had the fitness test that we did the preassessment and will follow up every four weeks (although that might be additional and not a competitive part of the original challenge).
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Well, I am now officially back to the exact weight I started this challenge with. What the heck? Working out tons, logging every morsel, staying under calorie goal, drinking tons of water...but I know I'm not going to bed early enough and have been under stress the last couple of weeks. (My husband lost his job 2 days into the Amazing Race and yesterday I got told I'm going to be subpoenaed to testify at a trial involving a couple of students I taught around 4 years ago! Not sure the details of the trial but I got involved when I suspected child abuse). Anyway, life tends to throw things at us and I can't use that as an excuse. I'm sure things will level out soon.
  • leannev68
    Options
    lulloa wrote: »
    Hi ladies. Can somebody put my weight on the spread sheet 166.2. Stress is killing my weight loss. I haven't been able to lose any weight and the explosions of this morning here in Belgium dont help the matter, but I continue to push forward on the weight loss journey.

Glad you are safe Lillian. We will be thinking of Belgium at this difficult time.
  • leannev68
    Options
    I know in the winter challenge, Melodie was sharing which team lost the most weight, not as part of the competition, but just in recognition I believe. I'm guessing with the large increase in competitors, it may be too time consuming to tabulate.
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work Cheryl & Gayle. Congrats Melissa! Glad your shoulder healed up quickly, yeah those burpees are killer - I can not do the froggie thing ( stupid Achilles!) Just read through the thread, everyone is doing great, don't sweat the number, please just have fun, feel great about what you're doing and let the chips fall where they may. Leanne thanks for your work on the spreadsheets, and your are kicking butt on the Fitbit challenge (Tamz is my user name, my nickname in real life), nice work!. Lillian glad you are safe, hope that holds true for your family and loved ones. ... Have a great day/week everyone!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ok, I need advice please.
    It's been 2 days I'm in bed unable to move from an horrible muscular spasm in my neck, shoulder and back. Looks like it wont get better today. No matter how much pain killer and mucle relaxant I'm taking I'm in pain. I had this before but never that bad.

As for my weight, I was 146.6 when I started the challenge, today I weigh 151.2
    I went over my calories last sunday and the last two days I didn't log but I haven't eat that much.

I don't know if I should step down from the challenge. I don't want to hold the team back and I don't know when I will be able to workout again.

I'm so sad and I feel so crappy. :disappointed: Why does this have to happen now ? What is going on with that 5 lbs fluctuation ?

I don't want to complain. I just don't know what to do and I feel confused.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    So sorry for everything going on Leanne and Isabelle. Leanne, things will end up working out in the long run and you just have to try to stay as positive as you can. It must be really hard for your husband too, so I'm sure it would help him if you can keep the optimism up. As for Isabelle, medically I do not have any advice. To me that sounds scary as heck!! As far as the team goes, I'm pretty sure I remember melodie saying that she would allow a week break (maybe longer in certain circumstances, you could check with her to find out for sure). Our team is so awesome I don't think anyone would expect you to drop out. I think everyone on this team adds something so amazing and would hate to lose another. Please hang in there and I sincerely hope you feel better soon. Please try to keep your spirits up.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know I wouldn't expect you to drop out and would be sad to see that happen. I wonder if the injury is making you retain fluid, you probably have some inflammation around the muscle.
    Now as a nurse I need to ask, have you seen the doctor? Have they done any tests? Make sure you take the anti inflammatory around the clock if you are allowed alternating ice and heat can also help.
  • bm1409
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Well, I am now officially back to the exact weight I started this challenge with. What the heck? Working out tons, logging every morsel, staying under calorie goal, drinking tons of water...but I know I'm not going to bed early enough and have been under stress the last couple of weeks. (My husband lost his job 2 days into the Amazing Race and yesterday I got told I'm going to be subpoenaed to testify at a trial involving a couple of students I taught around 4 years ago! Not sure the details of the trial but I got involved when I suspected child abuse). Anyway, life tends to throw things at us and I can't use that as an excuse. I'm sure things will level out soon.
    Praying your husband finds a job soon. My husband works in the oil industry and his hours have been cut down to 32 hours. Its been tough, but we are lucky because so many other people in the oil industry has lost their jobs. Sending up prayers.

• bm1409
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    Ok, I need advice please.
    It's been 2 days I'm in bed unable to move from an horrible muscular spasm in my neck, shoulder and back. Looks like it wont get better today. No matter how much pain killer and mucle relaxant I'm taking I'm in pain. I had this before but never that bad.

As for my weight, I was 146.6 when I started the challenge, today I weigh 151.2
    I went over my calories last sunday and the last two days I didn't log but I haven't eat that much.

I don't know if I should step down from the challenge. I don't want to hold the team back and I don't know when I will be able to workout again.

I'm so sad and I feel so crappy. :disappointed: Why does this have to happen now ? What is going on with that 5 lbs fluctuation ?

I don't want to complain. I just don't know what to do and I feel confused.

So sorry you are going through this. I pray you feel better soon. I hope you dont drop out of the challenge. We are here to support each other, even if its mentally. The most important thing is for you to get better.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to everyone facing tough life challenges this week. I hope no one drops out. We all do what we can. I agree that the most important thing is your physical and mental well being. Take the time you need to get better. We're here to support regardless :smile:

Isabelle I feel the gain is water. When you have inflammation, your body retains water. Don't let it stress you out.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Isabelle, I feel so sad for you, have you tried soaking in a hot bath, maybe a massage? Being injured is the worst, please take it easy and give yourself time to heal. No need to drop out.
    My heart goes out to everyone facing tough life challenges this week. I hope no one drops out. We all do what we can. I agree that the most important thing is your physical and mental well being. Take the time you need to get better. We're here to support regardless :smile:

^This.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Well it's times like these when I feel blessed to have a group of ladies such as yourselves. Isabelle, I really hope you stay with us and keep us up to date on your health issues. I'm convinced the reason our team does so well is because we all seem to understand each other and we can easily pick up any slack. When I hear you are unable to exercise I feel motivated to do double time as a symbol of our solidarity!! Please stay!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Ok, I feel we need a little comic relief here...many of you probably haven't been able to figure out my profile pic, due to the small size on your devices, so I'm going to try to attach it here. It's one of my favorite quotes...ohjj1ypsoa0f.jpg
  • bm1409
    Options
    :smiley: love it.
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Gayle - you are an inspiration. And way to go Melissa! Such a great group. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone struggling this week. It's hard when the scale doesn't validate our hard work but it's just one piece of the puzzle! I try to remember how far I've come overall and it helps with the week to week fluctuations.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Good morning team!! Today is my Friday. It has been a long week so I am ready! I have had a couple comments about some of my shirts looking big on me, so I might take advantage of the day off to do a little shopping. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good day!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!! Today is my Friday. It has been a long week so I am ready! I have had a couple comments about some of my shirts looking big on me, so I might take advantage of the day off to do a little shopping. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good day!

Isn't that the fun part of losing weight? Don't buy too much, because before you know it you'll need even smaller sizes! ;)
    Weather here is sleeting and grey, I'm going to try and get in some extra exercise minutes to help out. Hope everyone is having a good morning.