TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    So I finally remembered to wear my weighted vest on my walk today. I filled it with the maximum weights (20 lbs) and could barely lift it to put on. What a powerful reminder of how I used to be! How could I have had 3 times that amount on my body and still move at all????? After the first 5 minutes of the walk I was getting winded. I was exhausted by the end of the 30 minutes. Actually it was closer to 40 minutes because it took me longer than usual. I mentioned to my hubby that I felt a little unbalanced and he took great joy in trying to nudge me so I'd tip over! I didn't give him the satisfaction! :D
    Now to wear it around the house later this weekend.
    Tried the yoga video this morning. Really not buying into this yoga thing but I'm willing to try anything once. Couldn't do many of the moves.
    Doing ok on my sleep challenge but came short the last couple nights so I should do ok now that it's the weekend so I'll probably get my goal of 5/7 nights.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Just did a 45 minute walk around a local park. Took my camera bag and camera, which easily weights more than 11 lbs all together. There were Canadian geese with goslings, Mallard ducks with ducklings, and even beavers! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get really good pics as it was starting to get too dark, and I didn't have my tripod with me. But it was still a really good walk. Tomorrow I'll be cramming in everything else I need to do to check all the challenges off :smiley:
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just realized this week coming up will be our last week of the amazing race...and it made me so sad because the motivation our team dishes out is absolutely amazing. Let's pledge to make this our best week yet and go out with a bang!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    I agree Lesley!!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I usually have a rest day today, but it was such a beautiful day I decided to go to the track. I hope if there is another challenge group I get teamed with everyone here. You guys are awesome! Good luck everyone on your continual health journey!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My sheets app isn't working right i will update it tomorrow after i download it again
  • leannev68
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    My sheets app isn't working right i will update it tomorrow after i download it again

Ok. Let me know if you need me to enter your data in for you!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    I need to update tomorrow morning too.
  • llmg970
    Options
    Leanne I am not sure if it worked, I did all the challenges and did 93 on Saturday and 108 on Sunday
    I reloaded the app. It looked like it would work I entered my info and then went cack in and all that and more was gone

I don't know why. Its worked great up to this week
  • leannev68
    Options
    Looks like it's all there for you. Great week !
  • leannev68
    Options
    Really surprised more of us don't seem to be up to doing the challenges this week. Or is it just a case of not recording it on the spreadsheet yet? Please let me know if you're having trouble accessing the spreadsheet. I really don't mind entering info for you!! Team 6 is really kicking our butts here!!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I hope it is a matter of just not having it logged yet, because I just wanted to cry when I saw the bonus points difference!! On top of it, they also have us beat right now in minutes/miles. Regardless of this week's outcome, let's pull it together for week 8 and really show them what our team is about. I know we can all commit and get a win. Happy Monday!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    I just updated mine. Yesterday was a good day. I was moving all day and completed several of the challenges. AND got lots of house cleaning done... it was definitely more of a chore with extra weight. And I'm horrible at yoga but I gave it my best try :smile:
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Also, I wanted to remind those that are doing the fitness results tab on the spreadsheet that this week is the week for the 8 week check-up. That was the one for how many pushups, how long to walk/run a mile, etc. Feels like we just did that though, lol.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This past week was not a good one for me as far as the challenge. I was distracted with out of town family & throwing a party for my mom's birthday. I'm sorry to have low minutes & didn't do the yoga roadblock. I agree to step it up this last week so we can finish strong!! Btw, I've never seen the Amazing Race but I'd like to watch at least one episode before this is over!!
  • llmg970
    Options
    Thanks for checking Leann
    This week will be tough. My hubby and I are traveling to Chicago on Wednesday and coming back on Friday. Just a work trip for hubby but the boss offered to send me along. Couldn't pass up a free trip. We have never been. We are planning to go to a cubs game Wednesday night, hopefully the weather agrees with that. I would love to see the waterfront area I have the day to myself Thursday so I plan to do a big workout.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Connie, it happens to all of us and we just have to do our best. The fact that you were able to get what you could in means the world. I've never see the Amazing Race either, but I am sure I would love it. I am a fanatical Survivor watcher and think I would easily be able to get into the Amazing Race.
    Laura, have a great trip to Chicago. I went for the first time in my adult life last year and had a blast. Enjoy your trip and do what you can. I hope you have perfect weather for the Cubs game (even though I'm a Cardinals fan)!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I tried to updat the spread sheet yesterday and it was all messed up too. I have not tried again today.

• llmg970
    Options
    I tried to updat the spread sheet yesterday and it was all messed up too. I have not tried again today.

I thought it was just me not being tech smart

@leann. We are true Red Sox fans. Just going for the experience and to see wrigley field
  • leannev68
    Options
    Glad there's still a lot of chatter on here!!!
    @gawworthington let me know if you need me to put your info into the spreadsheet for you.
    @llmg970 Chicago trip sounds great!!
    @cjborkowski no problem Connie, glad you're still with us and planning to finish strong this week!!
    @RoseTheWarrior way to go Rose! Amazing how you get so much in on the last day of the challenge week !!!
    I've never seen the Race show either. Sounds interesting but we only have Netflix.