Ladies only please ~ women's health question

Options
2»

Replies

• fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    I'm in perimenopause, so I have completely given up on expecting anything like a regular cycle. An excellent book to read is Moody *kitten*: The Truth About the Drugs You're Taking, The Sleep You're Missing, The Sex You're Not Having, and What's Really Making You Crazy by Julie Holland, MD. I've given that book to a ton of women, and a bunch of men trying to figure women out.

Huh! Turns out I can't give the title of the book because of a swear word. Okay, follow this link instead: https://www.amazon.ca/Moody-*kitten*-Taking-Missing-Having/dp/1594205809
  • fileshiny
    Options
    I'm in perimenopause, so I have completely given up on expecting anything like a regular cycle. An excellent book to read is Moody *kitten*: The Truth About the Drugs You're Taking, The Sleep You're Missing, The Sex You're Not Having, and What's Really Making You Crazy by Julie Holland, MD. I've given that book to a ton of women, and a bunch of men trying to figure women out.

Huh! Turns out I can't give the title of the book because of a swear word. Okay, follow this link instead: https://www.amazon.ca/Moody-*kitten*-Taking-Missing-Having/dp/1594205809

Seriously? I can't even post the proper link? Okay, the word starts with a "B" and rhymes with "itches"!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Seriously? I can't even post the proper link? Okay, the word starts with a "B" and rhymes with "itches"!

the link still works even though the "B" word is edited :)

if i had to guess (based on symptoms and wildly unpredictable periods) I'd say I'm in perimenopause as well - I actually have an appt with my gynecologist next week because things have swung so far off normal that my GP frankly doesn't want to touch it anymore (haha, what a wuss :wink: )! So I probably won't be guessing for long...
  • fileshiny
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    my GP frankly doesn't want to touch it anymore

So to speak!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wait. Is MFP now replacing EVERY swear word with *kitten*? I've seen that in several posts and couldn't figure out what the heck it meant. (sorry for off topic)
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Who the *kitten* knows ;)
  • SunflowerAngel7777
    Options
    Yes, I have noticed a difference. I have never been regular. Well that has changed. Very consistent now :#
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Just an update....maybe the lchf and all the baby dust sent my way helped after all because I got my bfp May 20th! I'm now 18 weeks pregnant! We have our 20 week anatomy scan pretty soon and I'm crazy excited to find out if baby's a boy or girl - this is our 1st baby and I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. ♡
    I was pretty nauseated my 1st trimester so ate a lot of saltines. 2nd trimester I'm craving fruit mostly (which is weird since I really haven't let myself eat fruit for the past 12 years) and veggies and getting my chocolate cravings back. Not really into meat except an occasional burger- and bacon, especially bacon wrapped asparagus! Oooh yum! So far I haven't gained any weight which is awesome since I have a lot of reserves foy my body to use lol. Just checking in to keep my toes in the water because mfp will be my bff after baby is here!! ;)

Congrats!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news, @heyjude2014j! Congratulations.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Congrats @heyjude2014j !!! That's so exciting!
    I wish you the healthiest pregnancy and baby!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I hope the next 20 or so weeks go smoothly for you. :)
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I've been doing lchf since Feb 1st. My diary is open and I've been averaging between 50-100 grams of carbs per day (sometimes more, sometimes less). My cycle is regular like clockwork since I was 13, I'm in my 30's; however I'm 3 days late. I am married and we have been ttc, but I took a test on Saturday and it was neg. So my question is- has lchf had any effect on your cycles- especially if you're used to having a regular one? Tia

**Baby dust*** both times I did low carb i got pregnant! I struggled with pcos and I lost as little as 10 lbs last year and was pregnant after 3 months of consistently ttc. good luck!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • heyjude2014j
    Options
    Thank you all so so much for the congratulations and we'll wishes!!! 10 days till the anatomy scan! Woot! <3:)
  • heyjude2014j
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! I hope the next 20 or so weeks go smoothly for you. :)

Haha I was reading your post to my husband and he said "20 weeks or 20 years?" Lol, too true! Ahh!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    heyjude (singing now, love the Beatles) Congrations! Here's to a healthy Mom and Baby! <3
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but anyone on birth control? I've been eating way, WAY over calories for the past two weeks. Averaging about 2,600 a day (yikes!) and I just noticed I started taking birth control pills two weeks ago. Yes, no, maybe? I have PCOS and they're putting me on the pill to regulate my hormones before getting me started for my ivf transfer.
    Sounds counterintuitive, I know. Wanting to get pregnant but they're first making me take birth control pills...