Ugh. Is there a way to counteract carbicide?

Options
2»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ha, yes. :) And yeah, I am definitely more sensitive to carbs/sugar after eating this way for a while.
    Interesting idea about cycling in and out based on the season! for now I'm aiming for 2 c/day each of colorful, sulfur-rich and leafy green veggies per Wahls. I'm having to work my way up to even that though b/c I get so full; my stomach isn't used to that volume of food (along with all the usual protein and fat)!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    wmcactionnews5.com/story/31453904/video-of-man-peeing-on-kellogg-cereal-assembly-line-emerges

This thought could help counteract the urge to overeat carbs. Actually we know bad things can happen with processed foods beyond our control.
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Eewww, that video is so gross! Definitely a turn-off for mass processed foods in general.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    Maybe eat some butter fat or MCT oil to slow the absorption and glycemic spike of the sugar and wheat

Exercise was a good suggestion too

Lastly, whoever told you to make cookies needs a 'healthy' conversation! Next time see if you can bring natural sugars in fruit minimally, maybe start a new trend.

I second the exercise thing. I also vaguely remembering reading Dr. Adkin's book and it saying something like if you cheat once, you should immediately eat a good amount of fat to keep you in ketosis. Keep in mind I'm paraphrasing something I read like over a decade ago, so you might want to check it out yourself.