I very much dislike...

Options
2»

Replies

• emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options

FIT_Goat wrote: »

So I gagged when he took a spoonful of it...vomit....
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    So.... I do lots of those coconut oil use recommendations. Lol
    Lots!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options

That guy is hilarious. I've just watched a bunch of videos. Thanks for sharing!

::flowerforyou::
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    not sarcastic at all.... nah....
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm still a hard core believer that it is actually duct tape for your health though. Just sayin
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    The smell doesn't bother me, just the taste. I have a coworker (who was the one who actually got me on this WOE) and she uses it for her dry skin. I may try this! Has anyone used it for shaving yet?

Yes I have and in my hair if it's looking a little fried. Great for makeup remover too.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Last year I read coconut oil was a natural sunscreen... Instead of actually researching this claim I spent an hour on the deck reading. My takeaway from that experience was don't use it as a sunscreen! lol! I was burnt so bad I had to call in sick the next day!
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    L
    And I did find that I love HWC,butter, and bacon! I don't get paid until Thursday and I've been out of bacon for a week....I want BACON!
    Oh No!!!

• mtizi
    mtizi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What is HWC?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    mtizi wrote: »
    What is HWC?

Heavy Whipping Cream. I had to ask too when I first saw it.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, coconut oil is a new obsession and not, at all, required for LCHF. You don't need MCT oil either. If you don't like it, don't bother with it. I stopped consuming any coconut oil a long time ago, although there is still some hanging out in my pantry.

Just find a fat source you do enjoy.

THIS! In everything in life. I have applied it to exercise! In only doing what I enjoy I am loving it and doing it regularly. I love to walk my dogs or hike and listen to music, yoga and bicycle. I don't like going to gyms. Life is too short and there are so many options and I need to pick what I love and enjoy in life.
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Last year I read coconut oil was a natural sunscreen... Instead of actually researching this claim I spent an hour on the deck reading. My takeaway from that experience was don't use it as a sunscreen! lol! I was burnt so bad I had to call in sick the next day!

The smell of coconut oil still reminds me of the beach. Back in the day (before sunscreens), people here would lather themselves in it to promote tanning. At Sydney's trendiest beaches you could even get it sprayed on you for a small fee. Then lie in the sun and cook! Hahaha ... How times change.
    So wherever you read that @anglyn1, I think they got the story wrong.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »

I read somewhere the SPF of coconut oil is like a 4. You can use coconut oil as part of your basic skin care can help with the sun, but should never take place of sunscreen.